London Gig

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BBC11.jpg

Do you think Bono's standing on the words to the songs :sexywink:

Yes, 100% sure. :wink:

Bono didn't look as if he was reading from lyric sheets at any of these performances. In fact, it looked like he knew the lyrics pretty well, which is very unusual for Bono. I cannot really imagine he can read the lyrics written on these tiny sheets, but I guess he needs some security when singing.

Bono didn't look as if he was reading from lyric sheets at any of these performances. In fact, it looked like he knew the lyrics pretty well, which is very unusual for Bono. I cannot really imagine he can read the lyrics written on these tiny sheets, but I guess he needs some security when singing.

As I was watching the rooftop performance I thought for sure he was reading at times from lyric sheets, even for Beautiful Day. :|

For another performance (can't say exactly which one) I'm pretty sure he had his teleprompter gadget set up.

Didn't look like that to me. Most of the time Bono was hanging over the balcony. I don't think there were any lyrics down there (and he couldn't have read them anyway).

For the BBC, it didn't look as if he was reading the lyrics which I found surprising.
He messed up once in Beautiful Day.

Genereally, he was moving and running around too much to really "read". I think they are just there for him to feel more secure.

In one of the interview he quoted a lot of lyrics right out of memory, so that gives me hope for the future. :wink:

Didn't look like that to me. Most of the time Bono was hanging over the balcony. I don't think there were any lyrics down there (and he couldn't have read them anyway).

For the BBC, it didn't look as if he was reading the lyrics which I found surprising.
He messed up once in Beautiful Day.

Genereally, he was moving and running around too much to really "read". I think they are just there for him to feel more secure.

In one of the interview he quoted a lot of lyrics right out of memory, so that gives me hope for the future. :wink:

Your post completely contradicts itself. First you say there are NO lyrics there, and then you say they were just there to make him feel secure. Blank papers to make him feel secure?

Bono has no autocue here, I'm 100% sure those were lyric sheets. Bono has a huge history of being awful at remembering his own songs, so it is no surprise.
Wether he used them or not doesn't matter. They're still lyric sheets.

Stop protecting Bono when nobody is attacking him. It's nothing bad that he's using lyric sheets, it's just a statement.

_03BBc.jpg

_03BBC1.jpg

_03BBC2.jpg

Any PLEBAns in this crowd??

Myself, Wild and Bonoishot are in the first two, we are 2 pinpricks on the horizon :lol:

We are huddled right against the 4th pillar from the left. The tallest point would be me, then there would be Wild in front, and Bonoishot in front of Wild :love:

all right, so there is a really nice, big roof right in front of where I live. it can easily fit a four-piece band + instruments + equipment + crew.

in other words: I want a secret roof gig!

all right, so there is a really nice, big roof right in front of where I live. it can easily fit a four-piece band + instruments + equipment + crew.

in other words: I want a secret roof gig!

Email the Letterman show, get them there and let us all know, we will be there :hyper: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom