Leather Day - Innocent Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
band0016_3-1.jpg

Bono here reminds me of visits the Pope in Poland :laugh:;)

"People are interested in bridges. I guess I've always been more interested in what goes underneath bridges." (1985)

6a00d83451b3d069e200e553ea9ba18833-640wi.jpg

Bono's 60$ scarf:heart::heart::heart:

tbdbono033007.jpg

Congrats, again! :cute:

mandela-bono.jpg

:bow::bow::bow::bow:
The two people I admire most reunited in a single shot. Just sitting and talking with either of them would be a dream come true :cute:Now wouldn't you agree, Angela?!

This is actually one of my favorite things about him that sets him and U2's music in general apart is that their songs are positive towards women most of the time (Except when singing about one breaking your heart or something :lol:.)

LOL, yeah, but even when they talk about a girl breaking your heart they still do it in a classy way.

I definitely prefer that in my music, too. That's a common theme amongst the artists I like. And since we're sharing Bono quotes, isn't there that famous one where he says something like, "Our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up"? That's one of my favorites.

Indeed it is! Very equal! Gosh, in NLOTH, because yes I do read from cover/back:lol:, he mentions in the credits that "I am sorry for disappearing, I am loyal, if unreliable, I know" Very true, right there! :hug:

Yes! Excellent example (I read the liner notes and all the little details in the books, too! Some interesting information hidden away in the CD booklets, they can be fun to read). I think a few of the guys I like have been known to write things of that nature after they've been working hard on some project for a long time, stuff about thanking all their loved ones for putting up with them. It's one thing to say a simple "thanks for the support", but personal statements like that, I find that kinda sweet. And it can't be easy on his loved ones, so their support is just as admirable as Bono's work is. Thanks for helping keep him in line and looking after him, guys!

:ohmy:I'm LIKE that too!! :hug: I mean, of course I'd want to jump in his arms and conduct myself like a complete fool, but, above all else, to just simply sit and discuss WHATEVER under the sun with him would quite simply be marvelous! :heart: I've got a list of people that I'd love to talk with before I die, and besides Nelson Mandela whom I find utterly adorable:cute: and maybe Paul from the Beatles too, there's not that many people there. Bono being #1. The depth he has, cannot be wasted on whatever other fantasies of mine, because, that man has just had such a positive influence on me. I've grown through U2, made me realize my own potential... So yes, to have a cup of tea, or a bottle of French wine :lol: with him is in my Top 5 wishes!! It's not strange, completely understandable, him being such an insightful, charming and funny guy!

Woohoo! I'm not alone in this! Yay! Hehe.

I like your list there, excellent choices indeed. The stories these people can share about the places they've been and the people they've met, the viewpoints on any potential subject imaginable they can express, the profound statements...it'd be an utterly fascinating way to spend one's time. I also get that feeling whenever I hear Bono, or any of my favorite artists (or actors) talk about music they love-I suddenly want to go hang out with them and listen to music with them. That would just strike me as loads of fun.

It certainly does, The Goal Is Soul, as written on Bono's green guitar (on fire, DESIIIIRE, oopsy! Couldn't help myself, no matter if it's a red one!:lol:)

LMAO *Applauds* Nice. Very, very nice.

My mom loves U2 and admires his work, dunno if she finds him as delectable as I though, but she did steal one of my Bono wallpaper and apparently had it for some time on her own computer:cute:

Awww! That's cool-she sounds awesome. My mom's not done that, but when I watch U2 stuff she'll sometimes watch with me and comment on how Bono is "very nice-looking". And she LOVES the version of "Summer Wine" he does with the Corrs. She's put it on a CD for herself and requests it if I'm playing U2 stuff of my own or such-she loves his voice on that song. A lot. Not that I can really argue with her on that, of course...

Those replies, no matter how long, are like an ongoing conversation over coffee, quite lovely!

Totally agree, I'm enjoying them, too (yeah, apologies if they do get a bit long, I can get a bit rambly sometimes, LOL). And now I want some coffee.

The two people I admire most reunited in a single shot. Just sitting and talking with either of them would be a dream come true :cute:Now wouldn't you agree, Angela?!

Absolutely. I admire Mandela immensely-thank god for people like him, seriously. When it seems the world's gone to hell in a handbasket, it's nice to hear about people like Nelson and have your faith in humanity reaffirmed. It's no surprise at all that he and Bono are such good friends.

Angela

LOL, yeah, but even when they talk about a girl breaking your heart they still do it in a classy way.

I definitely prefer that in my music, too. That's a common theme amongst the artists I like. And since we're sharing Bono quotes, isn't there that famous one where he says something like, "Our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up"? That's one of my favorites.

Here it is in all its truthfulness and hilarity!

“All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up.” :cute:

And it can't be easy on his loved ones, so their support is just as admirable as Bono's work is. Thanks for helping keep him in line and looking after him, guys!

Bless them!:hug: He must not be easy to deal with on a regular basis, but, once again, Bono summed it up on the poster that came with the U2 ipod which has been in my line of vision for the past, what 3 years?! "The hardest thing to do is to stick together. Mates, family, marriage, business, bands. It's like resisting gravity. It's like King Canute sitting in his chair trying to talk back the tide... but you can and we have and we will, turn the waves around. The alternative is too predictable. You rid the room of argument.. you empty your life of the people you need the most.":heart:

I like your list there, excellent choices indeed. The stories these people can share about the places they've been and the people they've met, the viewpoints on any potential subject imaginable they can express, the profound statements...it'd be an utterly fascinating way to spend one's time. I also get that feeling whenever I hear Bono, or any of my favorite artists (or actors) talk about music they love-I suddenly want to go hang out with them and listen to music with them. That would just strike me as loads of fun.
I know exactly what you mean, whenever they're doing interviews, Bono especially, I always feel that level of intimacy, as though he's connecting with each & every one of us or something. It's a very unique feeling that one doesn't come across too often! And of course, I'd loooove to listen to music with Bono, bring on Leonard Cohen, Sinatra, the Beatles, Johnny Cash...:cute:

And she LOVES the version of "Summer Wine" he does with the Corrs. She's put it on a CD for herself and requests it if I'm playing U2 stuff of my own or such-she loves his voice on that song. A lot. Not that I can really argue with her on that, of course...
How sweet! Very true, that version sounds quite mesmerizing!! On that note, check on youtube, "Two Shots Of Happy" which Bono sang on Elvis Costello last year, I think you'll love it!:hug: I've posted the link in the last page of the U2tube link thread, like 2 days ago! It's all so bittersweet!:heart:

Absolutely. I admire Mandela immensely-thank god for people like him, seriously. When it seems the world's gone to hell in a handbasket, it's nice to hear about people like Nelson and have your faith in humanity reaffirmed. It's no surprise at all that he and Bono are such good friends.
:applaud::applaud: Now wasn't it Bono who sang "the soul needs beauty for a soulmate":cute: Both incredibly dedicated, motivated and positive individuals, one can only but praise such people! :heart: If you love reading, "The Long Walk in Life" Mandela's autobiography is worth a read!:heart:

Some more :cute: Bono, because too much of a good thing is always too little! :heart:

MTVEuropeMusicAwards2008GlamourPitbbRrQdxDZ9jl.jpg

OneObamaInauguralCelebrationLincolnMemorial-zdAFM-u0NKl.jpg

A happy Bono, makes moi happy! :D

u2waystory0.jpg

bono_kids_mag.jpg

Baby Bono + kids = my Miracle Drug of choice! :cute::lol:

Back
Top Bottom