Leather Day - Innocent Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OMG it's one of the SWEETEST THING ever!! :heart::heart::heart:
I don't want to turn this thread into a "Bono looking lovely on video" but let me just say that I swoooooned when he mentioned that for him it felt like he was "going back to Constantinople" :hyper: or that it felt like a "first date", with "butterflies" and all! :heart::heart::heart:

"Sometimes"-that shot of his smile is indeed lovely, and I will forever be thankful to Bono for writing the lyrics to that song :hug:. It never ceases to amaze me how some people know exactly how to put into words something everyone goes through so perfectly.

:bow::bow::bow: Incredibly true! But I feel for him, because the amount of criticism (which is most of the time completely unfounded!) he receives is gigantic. But I guess, he must tell himself that if that criticism is the amount he must pay in order to get his message across, then he'll do it. As long as what he has to say is worth more than whatever he gets thrown in the face, then it's all worthwhile! Because he's speaking in the name of those who don't have that kind of "voice power":heart:

Exactly. I admire that-I mean, I'm sure sometimes some of the remarks may get to him and he'd love to start a defense up or something, but to instead choose to brush it off and let the people look like the fools they are while you go on about your business and get positive responses...I have to applaud that. There's a fine line to walk in regards to caring about what others think of you, it seems he manages to know how to walk that line quite well.

Bono should have at least 20 years less on him for us to truly "match" Aww looove has no time constraints! :cute:

This is true-many a relationship with a strong age gap exists out there (just have those other tiny obstacles in the way-he's married, I'm about the only person on the planet he's never met, etc., etc. :p). I can't help it, I like the older men :shrug:. Some of them just age so well-the old "fine wine" analogy and such.

I wholeheartedly agree, again, Bono only but reinforces my optimism, reassures me that I ain't a complete fool to remain that hopeful!! :angel: He forces people to think, first of all, and then he tells them to "roll up their sleeves", to "GET ON THEIR BOOTS" and get to work about resolving this problem which doesn't have to remain a problem!! :applaud:

YEAH! Precisely right. Intelligence, concern and compassion for the world around you, passion-all fine, necessary qualities in people in general, and when they're in men, that makes them all the sexier in my eyes.

U2 fans would be pouring left and right in medical centers, so Bono, or any other U2 members, would have to release a video or a statement supporting all of us in our hour of need.

*Suddenly envisions a PLEBA Aid of sorts* Course, Bono singing to raise awareness of our "problem" would, um, just add to the problem, so he may have to work behind the scenes or something. Which I'm so sure he'd be eager to do, LOL.

Hey, what's he doing with Edge's Yamaha AE 2000?

Oh! He's smilin' for the fans and makin' the ladies swoon. Fair enough. Carry on Bono.

For some reason, the way you said that combined with the picture you said it about suddenly made me imagine it was the 1950s and Bono was the clean-cut, bright-faced guy that he is in the picture. The kind of guy who, based on that smiling face, you could maybe even take home to your parents, 'cause he seems nice enough in that picture.

But that leather outfit, and his love of that darned rock n' roll racket, hints at a less-than-innocent side :sexywink:.

Angela

72532975.jpg

This man really does have the cutest smile ever! :D

Exactly.I admire that-I mean, I'm sure sometimes some of the remarks may get to him and he'd love to start a defense up or something, but to instead choose to brush it off and let the people look like the fools they are while you go on about your business and get positive responses...I have to applaud that. There's a fine line to walk in regards to caring about what others think of you, it seems he manages to know how to walk that line quite well.

It should be an art or something!! It takes a lot of maturity to act that way on a consistent basis, to rise above criticism and carry on your merry way despite whatever people say. As an individual, it's very demanding, but Bono also benefits from an extremely supportive network, be it his family or U2/friends, that's invaluable! :heart:

(just have those other tiny obstacles in the way-he's married, I'm about the only person on the planet he's never met, etc., etc. I can't help it, I like the older men :shrug:. Some of them just age so well-the old "fine wine" analogy and such.
Such frivolous details!! :lol: In an alternative reality, where Ali's loveliness & dedication wouldn't exist. Maybe! Don't worry, we're 2 people he hasn't met yet! He doesn't know what he's missing! :hug:

YEAH! Precisely right. Intelligence, concern and compassion for the world around you, passion-all fine, necessary qualities in people in general, and when they're in men, that makes them all the sexier in my eyes.
So true! :applaud: I mean, yes I do :drool: over pretty boys, but in the long haul, it's all short lived because most of them don't possess such qualities!! For me a beautiful mind is the hottest thing ever!! :love: Now, if on top of that you've blue eyes, a charming smile, wear leather.... that's just Heaven!

*Suddenly envisions a PLEBA Aid of sorts* Course, Bono singing to raise awareness of our "problem" would, um, just add to the problem, so he may have to work behind the scenes or something. Which I'm so sure he'd be eager to do, LOL.
:lol:Aww poor Bono, his big :heart: wouldn't be able to bear such a tragedy:cute:

But that leather outfit, and his love of that darned rock n' roll racket, hints at a less-than-innocent side :sexywink:.
You've summed it up perfectly, Angela, that'd be the kind of guy you'd present quickly to your parents and leave right after coz who could possibly resist that look!:love::

It should be an art or something!! It takes a lot of maturity to act that way on a consistent basis, to rise above criticism and carry on your merry way despite whatever people say. As an individual, it's very demanding, but Bono also benefits from an extremely supportive network, be it his family or U2/friends, that's invaluable! :heart:

Well said. Their opinions matter above all else. I'm glad he's got such a close-knit group around him, especially since it seems he knows how lucky he is to have that love and support. He's really good at expressing the same affection that he gets, it's a nice give and take.

Such frivolous details!! :lol: In an alternative reality, where Ali's loveliness & dedication wouldn't exist. Maybe! Don't worry, we're 2 people he hasn't met yet! He doesn't know what he's missing! :hug:

Ah, alternate universes, they are one's friend :D.

Good, I'm not alone in lack of Bono/U2 contact. Maybe someday...

(Is it weird that being a typical "groupie" isn't my first fantasy surrounding Bono, that if I were ever lucky enough to meet him I'd just want to sit there and talk to him for however long he wants? I mean, I'm sure part of that has to do with the fact that he is married and I'm certainly not looking to start up any affairs, but even if he weren't married and I met him, that'd still be the first thing I'd want to do. Just talk to him. Sure I have my other fantasies and such, but...yeah)

So true! :applaud: I mean, yes I do :drool: over pretty boys, but in the long haul, it's all short lived because most of them don't possess such qualities!! For me a beautiful mind is the hottest thing ever!! :love: Now, if on top of that you've blue eyes, a charming smile, wear leather.... that's just Heaven!

Ohhhhhh, yeah. There's nothing wrong at all with appreciating the physical attributes of a man, as some certainly have physical traits worth admiring, but the best ones have to have more going on beyond the surface. And sometimes their inner features can make them even more attractive on the outside, too. Starts from within and spreads out.

:lol:Aww poor Bono, his big :heart: wouldn't be able to bear such a tragedy:cute:

Hehe, quite right-he does have a strong appreciation and love for women, after all (which is another thing to add to the list of good points about him), so I have no doubt he'd be on that right away.

(I kinda want to see that scenario play out now. It'd be hilarious and sweet all at the same time)

You've summed it up perfectly, Angela, that'd be the kind of guy you'd present quickly to your parents and leave right after coz who could possibly resist that look!:love::

Exactly. I tend to like men like that, who are all gentlemanly in public, polite and reserved and on their best behavior...and then in private they let their devilish, mischievious side go. You get the best of both types of guys that way and it makes things more fun and interesting :evil:.

My mom thinks Bono's attractive, too, though. So that might throw a wrinkle into that scenario, LOL.

Angela

Hehe, quite right-he does have a strong appreciation and love for women, after all (which is another thing to add to the list of good points about him), so I have no doubt he'd be on that right away.

(I kinda want to see that scenario play out now. It'd be hilarious and sweet all at the same time)

This is actually one of my favorite things about him that sets him and U2's music in general apart is that their songs are positive towards women most of the time (Except when singing about one breaking your heart or something :lol:.)

I don't know why, but this one just made me laugh out loud! :lol: Something about that expression on his face, the "Wot, who me?!" look, as though he was just caught doing something very naughty!! :shifty:
:lmao::lmao::lmao:
That's EXACTLY what it looks like! Now I REALLY want to know what he was doing/thinking at that precise moment:wink:

This is actually one of my favorite things about him that sets him and U2's music in general apart is that their songs are positive towards women most of the time (Except when singing about one breaking your heart or something :lol:.)

Well-said!! :heart:
In Get On Your Boots he says:
"Women of the future
Hold the big revelations"

And then in Big Girls Are Best:
"She's elliptical, extra political
Oh so spiritual, not superficial
Yeah, she's tropical
Yes, she's illogical
Those little girls are a pest
Big girls are the best"

And that's without the COUNTLESS other allusions to Ali and to love's amazing power!! :heart::heart::heart:

He's really good at expressing the same affection that he gets, it's a nice give and take.
Indeed it is! Very equal! Gosh, in NLOTH, because yes I do read from cover/back:lol:, he mentions in the credits that "I am sorry for disappearing, I am loyal, if unreliable, I know" Very true, right there! :hug:

(Is it weird that being a typical "groupie" isn't my first fantasy surrounding Bono, that if I were ever lucky enough to meet him I'd just want to sit there and talk to him for however long he wants? I mean, I'm sure part of that has to do with the fact that he is married and I'm certainly not looking to start up any affairs, but even if he weren't married and I met him, that'd still be the first thing I'd want to do. Just talk to him. Sure I have my other fantasies and such, but...yeah)
:ohmy:I'm LIKE that too!! :hug: I mean, of course I'd want to jump in his arms and conduct myself like a complete fool, but, above all else, to just simply sit and discuss WHATEVER under the sun with him would quite simply be marvelous! :heart: I've got a list of people that I'd love to talk with before I die, and besides Nelson Mandela whom I find utterly adorable:cute: and maybe Paul from the Beatles too, there's not that many people there. Bono being #1. The depth he has, cannot be wasted on whatever other fantasies of mine, because, that man has just had such a positive influence on me. I've grown through U2, made me realize my own potential... So yes, to have a cup of tea, or a bottle of French wine :lol: with him is in my Top 5 wishes!! It's not strange, completely understandable, him being such an insightful, charming and funny guy!

Starts from within and spreads out.
It certainly does, The Goal Is Soul, as written on Bono's green guitar (on fire, DESIIIIRE, oopsy! Couldn't help myself, no matter if it's a red one!:lol:)

Exactly. I tend to like men like that, who are all gentlemanly in public, polite and reserved and on their best behavior...and then in private they let their devilish, mischievious side go. You get the best of both types of guys that way and it makes things more fun and interesting :evil:.
You've got it right, Angela! :sexywink:

My mom thinks Bono's attractive, too, though. So that might throw a wrinkle into that scenario, LOL.
My mom loves U2 and admires his work, dunno if she finds him as delectable as I though, but she did steal one of my Bono wallpaper and apparently had it for some time on her own computer:cute:

Those replies, no matter how long, are like an ongoing conversation over coffee, quite lovely!

Back to posting pics later! :wave:

Back
Top Bottom