Leather Day - Innocent Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"I saw this photograph recently. Anton Corbijn had an exhibition in Holland, and he made me go into this room full of Bonos -- a horrifying thought. And I noticed a shot of me at 21, and the look in the eye was so much clearer. Part of me must have thought our critics were right, and that beautiful naivete -- that I now see in my own children's faces -- I went about killing off. I thought it was something that you had to get rid of, and it's not true. Innocence is much more powerful than experience , especially when it has that teenage fearlessness beside it. That's really something."

5io67bs3.jpg

scanpix0788092067.jpg

abono0614192.jpg

abono1014201.jpg

bhands.jpg

bonoali.jpg

bonoeltonlondon1042004j.jpg

"I saw this photograph recently. Anton Corbijn had an exhibition in Holland, and he made me go into this room full of Bonos -- a horrifying thought. And I noticed a shot of me at 21, and the look in the eye was so much clearer. Part of me must have thought our critics were right, and that beautiful naivete -- that I now see in my own children's faces -- I went about killing off. I thought it was something that you had to get rid of, and it's not true. Innocence is much more powerful than experience , especially when it has that teenage fearlessness beside it. That's really something."

5io67bs3.jpg

abono0614192.jpg

These two pictures ... :cute:

p1000491g.jpg

awww! come on it´s the cutest photo of him,he stands there like a five year old kid:cute:
10zw7y5e.jpg

And I posted that photo back in my second post in this thread. :cute: (If I'm thinking of the right photo)

bonocomet, thank you so much for posting the rest of that series of pictures :hug:! My favorites are the one where he's using part of that newspaper as a makeshift blanket and the last one-the pose he's striking in it, trying to look all sexy supermodel-ish or something :lol:. I love that. They're all fantastic, though, and he looks friggin' adorable and sexy all at the same time :cute:. He also sorta reminds me of somebody else, but I'm blanking on who. Hm.

bonovenice.jpg

I want to be right there with him! It's magnificent! :D

Me, too :yes:. Perfect romantic spot...ah, a girl can dream :drool:...

That's just all kinds of beautiful. Every favorite thing of mine about Bono all rolled up into one perfect shot. Yay.

Also, the snippet of that old People article, where he's wearing the funny getup and Paul O'Neill's name is mentioned and such...man, I'd completely forgotten about that article, it's in a whole scrapbook-ish pile I've made of Bono stuff over the years. Unfortunately, I think it's packed away right now, but nice to revisit that nonetheless.

This thread is making me smile something fierce :). I said this in one of the threads about other attractive men once, but it can apply here, too: I love seeing examples like this, these little moments that you look at and go, "Oh, yeah, that's why I like so-and-so." Every time I hear people make some sort of unfounded criticism/slam at Bono, I wish I could show them threads like this. Ah, well.

Angela

:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:
Thanks everyone :hug:, from what I can tell by all your positive & excited comments, this thread is as looooved as B's blue shades!! :cute::lol:

Such wonderful pictures, I'm in awe, gushing left and right while drooling all over my keyboard! :D

Bonocomet, that Edun scarf, OMG they have one with R.M. Rilke's poetry on it:ohmy::heart: I think I've just found what I'm going to ask for at Xmas, because at 60$ I don't have that kind of resources to spend on a scarf:reject: no matter if I've already a rainbow of them in my closet! I REALLY want this one!

Mephy, your pics were pure :love::love::love::love: as per usual, as soon as I see your icon, I've to prepare myself, take a deep breath before gasping for breath at the beauty of it all! :cute::heart:

Andreia such CUTE pictures, I want to kiss the screen!! :lol::lol:
You've got the BEACH BALL picture!! :happydance: "Look, Edge, a beach ball!"

bonoali.jpg

That's a quote from Bono in Conversations, right?!! :heart: What page?! Want to make sure I've highlighted it!! :lol:

Now that Bono & Ali pic, that's loooooove, right there. If you find anyone who looks at you that way, make sure to keep them close, because they come less often than we'd want them to! :hug:

This thread is making me smile something fierce :). I said this in one of the threads about other attractive men once, but it can apply here, too: I love seeing examples like this, these little moments that you look at and go, "Oh, yeah, that's why I like so-and-so." Every time I hear people make some sort of unfounded criticism/slam at Bono, I wish I could show them threads like this. Ah, well.

Angela

Aww glad you're enjoying this thread!! :hug:
It's one thing to start something in which you really believe in, but when people do show up and give their own appreciation of it & personal contribution, well, that makes it "even better than the real thing"!! :heart:

Don't worry, you're not the only one who'd like to shove in people's faces threads like these, with pictures and articles to support our looove & admiration for the man, to show proof thereby showing that our respect isn't wasted!! :D In those moments, I tell myself "their loss!" because you can't really go around preaching to everyone Bono's utter amazingness 24/7, hopefully they'll realize it in due time! At the very least, you know his worth, and that's one less blind person in the sea of celebrity worship! :wink:

This thread is adorable :cute:

Ok I gots some.

080c5138.jpg

50.jpg

awwcutelittleboy.jpg

AWWWWBABYWUV.jpg

babyloveismagical.jpg

babyy.jpg

Baby Bono is almost always innocent looking, no matter what he's doing. Boyish charm ftw.

Baby Bono is almost always innocent looking, no matter what he's doing. Boyish charm ftw.

Brilliant shots you got there!! :love::love:

Indeed he is!! :hug: He's the very embodiment of "childish" Bono:heart:
The only thing is, what's impressive today is seeing Bono traveling back in time to that unguarded look he once had, namely the Baby Bono look! :heart: It's always been there with him, but time hardens the very best of us, so we all lose some of it along the way, the goal I guess, is to get it back!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom