Larry's instrument

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zuropa_fit

Blue Crack Addict
Larry plays a djembe on this tour during his sojourn on the ramp during Crazy Tonight. He does not play a bongo. I don't know why this is a bee in my bonnet tonight but it is. Please just roll your eyes at me instead of throwing rotten fruit.

bongo:
Bongo-1.jpg

also a bongo:
bongo.gif

djembe
TOCADJEMBEVUUR.jpg

They're so much prettier than bongos.

It kinda cracks me up how he has to straddle the thing while he's walking. :lol: Wouldn't it be easier to hold it to one side?

As a drummer, it has bugged me that it's been called the wrong thing.

That said, I wouldn't argue a thread of djembe pictures.

Hey, BC, since you're buying drums, can I have a Black Beauty 6.5 x 14" snare? :hyper:

I'm not obsessed with Tré's equipment! :shifty:

Legal post:

larrydjembe.jpg

Good thread idea Zu. :up: Annoys the shit out of me when people call simple things by wrong names.

Though I've been guilty of calling it a conga myself while I knew it wasn't. :reject:

And it's only 200$?? THat's not much! :hmm:

Totally not showing off my own work here. :wink:
dsc00319c.jpg

Hmm, they would be kinda cool/different to place a glass table top on a couple of them and use them as end tables. :hmm:

I came back to see if this thread had any hits. I'm now giving it 5 stars. Y'all are full of win. I'm glad we could have this educational discussion. Here's some more "learnin'" for ya:

IMG_0422.jpg

070809-46.jpg
P1000993.jpg

I came back to see if this thread had any hits. I'm now giving it 5 stars. Y'all are full of win. I'm glad we could have this educational discussion. Here's some more "learnin'" for ya:

IMG_0422.jpg

:larry: I can't believe they're STILL calling it Bongo's after Zooey posted her thread. :doh:

Back
Top Bottom