Larry's 360 Shirts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of course... LarrysLeo made one! :sexywink:

LeoT.jpg

Sorry I am late joining this particular discussion, but I had already started a thread over at the zoo that said I thought I had cracked the t-shirt code at the beginning of this leg!
The first four or five all had symbols in common with the Coat of Arms for each city they were in, and it seemed like an awesome idea!!! They seem to have gotten much more vague and obscure after Horsens and Helsinki, though!

The only zodiac "symbols" themselves have been Scorpio, Saggitarius and Taurus. But picture representations of Leo, Taurus, Scorpio (2 different), and Saggitarius have all turned up. The horse head, and now the swiss cross and fleur-de-lis are all city related... The bird/ phoenix is ???

The repeated shirts have thrown me, as I thought we were getting a definite pattern of place vs. zodiac thing going on! LOL

Oh the things that occupy our minds... :D

Nice detective work - and a very nice shirt! Have been wondering about Helsinki, for the life of me can't figure that out. Sagittarius symbol, and if one really squints, guess the back tribal could be a bow and an arrow, again sagittarius, but what it's got to do with Helsinki? Now, if they were playing in Savo region of Finland, I would get it... He could have used the actual Finnish coat of arms - could have fixed some of the damage mr Colbert caused, lol.

Of course... LarrysLeo made one! :sexywink:

LeoT.jpg

Sorry I am late joining this particular discussion, but I had already started a thread over at the zoo that said I thought I had cracked the t-shirt code at the beginning of this leg!
The first four or five all had symbols in common with the Coat of Arms for each city they were in, and it seemed like an awesome idea!!! They seem to have gotten much more vague and obscure after Horsens and Helsinki, though!

The only zodiac "symbols" themselves have been Scorpio, Saggitarius and Taurus. But picture representations of Leo, Taurus, Scorpio (2 different), and Saggitarius have all turned up. The horse head, and now the swiss cross and fleur-de-lis are all city related... The bird/ phoenix is ???

The repeated shirts have thrown me, as I thought we were getting a definite pattern of place vs. zodiac thing going on! LOL

Oh the things that occupy our minds... :D

Intersting finding LarrysLeo :up:
Beautiful shirt! My sign :D

Nice detective work - and a very nice shirt! Have been wondering about Helsinki, for the life of me can't figure that out. Sagittarius symbol, and if one really squints, guess the back tribal could be a bow and an arrow, again sagittarius, but what it's got to do with Helsinki? Now, if they were playing in Savo region of Finland, I would get it... He could have used the actual Finnish coat of arms - could have fixed some of the damage mr Colbert caused, lol.

Ha, true! That one got me as well. I did find a very similar one, and it's definitely a bow and arrow of sorts. Full on Saggitarian shirt. :scratch:

Walkout-1.jpg
Sagittarius_Tribal_Tattoo_by_Sybil.jpg

Yeah, shoulders....mmmmm...

wonder if he got too many volunteers and had to say "sorry- if you can't fight fair, I'm going with the button down!" ???

Are you talking about on stage? I don't see Larry in white anywhere but stage and he's been wearing the same white tees and black jeans for over a year now. Uniform for him, I suppose.
Adam's just got the one white shirt with silver streaks, no? Sometimes wears with the white pants- and a few times not? I don't see him in white elsewhere either.

My guess is that it shows up on stage better. They definitely pop off the darkness of the surroundings. Could help the camera guys follow them better too? WHo knows!!!! :D

but it makes it very difficult to take good photos of them...........you either get them whited out or if you change your camera settings they are sometimes too dark :angry:

Maybe they do it to reduce the amounts of photos people are getting of them?

Sure there's no specific agenda behind there - though, with Larry's printed shirts (that to me look more spray stencilled than say silk screened), it's way easier and faster to put black on white than white on black for example, the color coverage is way better.

To think I was less than 6 foot away from that man on that night............:drool: Shame my arms weren`t long enough to grab him as he walked by :shifty::evil:

The stage designers are very clever - they must know just how far Plebans can stretch and make the distance just that bit bigger :angry:

To think I was less than 6 foot away from that man on that night............:drool: Shame my arms weren`t long enough to grab him as he walked by :shifty::evil:

The stage designers are very clever - they must know just how far Plebans can stretch and make the distance just that bit bigger :angry:

I had the exact same thoughts when Edge was above me on the bridge in Hannover:drool: I missed about 2 inches of arm.:shifty: Smart , wily Irish guys.

Back
Top Bottom