Larry the Movie Star?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's a good thread zooey :) :up: There will be lots more to come concerning the movie (hopefully!) and he may not be so beardy later on... like at the premiere! :hyper: Maybe Bono won't attend, so as not to overshadow Larry's limelight :hmm: (however I think he definitely should.)

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm sad to say that Elvis has left the building :sad::lol:

I went to Orangeville (45mins away) with a couple friends tonight, and while in a cool music store nearby the library (which for the movie is the bank), the owner was telling us that filming wrapped on Tuesday. Oh well, it was worth the shot *g* (I have, however, stood on those stairs from the pictures ;))

Oh, another interesting thing I found out this evening - Ann is one of the producers of the movie :)

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm sad to say that Elvis has left the building :sad::lol:

I went to Orangeville (45mins away) with a couple friends tonight, and while in a cool music store nearby the library (which for the movie is the bank), the owner was telling us that filming wrapped on Tuesday. Oh well, it was worth the shot *g* (I have, however, stood on those stairs from the pictures ;))

Oh, another interesting thing I found out this evening - Ann is one of the producers of the movie :)

:lol: Drea you rock! Can't believe you actually went there! Did you take any pics??

Is anyone else a little worried about Larry's acting abilities? I mean, all we have to go on is Electrical Storm and I'm hoping Anton's directing for that sounded something like this "Okay Larry, stand there like you don't care at all, like you're wondering if your library books might be overdue. No, more apathy, more ennui, less "feeling"."

I know I"m being a little harsh - maybe I'm just bitter that the first chance we have to see Larry on screen for more than 15 seconds at a time and he's all scraggly.

Totally confident. Especially if he plays a bad guy.

Is anyone else a little worried about Larry's acting abilities? I mean, all we have to go on is Electrical Storm and I'm hoping Anton's directing for that sounded something like this "Okay Larry, stand there like you don't care at all, like you're wondering if your library books might be overdue. No, more apathy, more ennui, less "feeling"."

I know I"m being a little harsh - maybe I'm just bitter that the first chance we have to see Larry on screen for more than 15 seconds at a time and he's all scraggly.

He's an incredible actor with great comedic timing. I just think that he has to overcome his insecurity, and the fact that he is ELECTING to do all this acting (voice and on-screen) now means he might be ready to do that.

I'm worried at how fast-tracked this movie is. I mean, with how big the two main stars are, and there's STILL no IMDb page? I'd love to know who's directing to weight where this could go.

He's an incredible actor with great comedic timing. I just think that he has to overcome his insecurity, and the fact that he is ELECTING to do all this acting (voice and on-screen) now means he might be ready to do that.

Not to be argumentative, but what are you basing that on? The only thing I've really seen him 'act' in was that comic relief sketch and maybe a Letterman/Late Night sketch or two.

I'm worried at how fast-tracked this movie is. I mean, with how big the two main stars are, and there's STILL no IMDb page? I'd love to know who's directing to weight where this could go.

It's a small independent Irish-Canadian collaboration, and thus might not really be getting much attention... yet. I know the director's Irish, but don't know the name. The friends that I went to Orangeville with and I have a theory that it may show up in the Toronto International Film Festival in 2011 - if so, it'll start getting more attention then :)

Not to be argumentative, but what are you basing that on? The only thing I've really seen him 'act' in was that comic relief sketch and maybe a Letterman/Late Night sketch or two.

:hmm: How about when Babyface Mullen plays that mean violin... now there's some awesome acting from the whole band. :up: :sexywink:

I'm a little worried because it's his first major role and I would feel really bad for Larry if it turned out badly and he got blasted for it by the critics. But I think he must be at least an OK actor if he got this part, so I've got confidence that it'll be good. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom