Larry and his dogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have this one here

larryfloatinginpoolmd0.jpg

By the way, he looks so...skinny ._.'

I've seen a pic of two German shepherds on Bono's property, and two other dogs (Canaan dogs?) on the same property, both in Ireland. Also a more recent pic of a small dog in France, like a Japanese Chin or something like that, maybe belonging to the kids?

Hello Plebans!!!

From Larry's dogs to Bono's dogs... :)

Well, I think that Bono's dog's names are Angel and Harmony, aren't?

the old names were fanny and angel, but those were german shepherds that died a long time ago... that interview was from the early 90s..

he has new ones as Lies said, I think I have those pics... I'll find them

These are the old dogs(one is visible, the other one is on the right, you can see its shadow)
bonosdoggardentx0.jpg

here's the more recent pic
bonosdogsle1.jpg

Last edited:
Missy is the other....(Larry's dogs) and he has a "new" lab...I think I read somewhere that its brown...and on HTDAAB it says Missy and Almirant Brown...that s all I can say about it

Thanks for the info Laney! I never noticed that one in HTDAAB before, now I'll have to go look. Larry sure does love Labs doesn't he? It's easy to fall in love with a breed, me I love Australian Shepherds, I'm on my second Aussie.

Missy is the other....(Larry's dogs) and he has a "new" lab...I think I read somewhere that its brown...and on HTDAAB it says Missy and Almirant Brown...that s all I can say about it

:wave:Laney! Actually, the liner notes say "Missy and Errol Brown", which appears to be his last credit, before it moves on to Adam's thank-you's. One would assume that he would group the thanks to the dogs together, of course... but what a strange name for a dog, Errol Brown!! :lol:

Hi Sister Moon....I live in Australian and not sure what an australian Shepherd is??? What do they look like...I feel a little ignorant...but curious....thanks Suzanna x:wave:

I love the line in U2:At the End of the World, where Bono says something like "...we'd been on tour so long, I was beginning to miss my dog....the only problem was, I didn't have a dog" What a comedian. Australian Shepherds are beautiful dogs and generally have a good temperament, but my breed is Golden Retriever...love 'em. Bono's dogs look a little intimidating in that photo...the two black ones. When I went to Bono's house four years ago, I don't remember hearing any dogs bark or anything...although the property is big and we weren't making a lot of noise, so maybe they were napping at the time :)

Australian Shepherds are originally from the Basque region between Spain and France. They were first imported from there to Australia because they are great sheep herders. From Australia they were imported to the USA in I think the 1940's. they are beautiful wonderful dogs. Also extremely intelligent. They are medium size dogs and weigh about 50 to 65 lbs. they have a massive amount of fur. I wish I knew how to post pictures, damn I'd love to show off my gorgeous dogs! So I guess us Americans named them Aussies since that's where we imported them from. I know, very confusing. Look their pictures up on the net...be warned you might fall in Love with them!

Back
Top Bottom