Killing Bono - Photos from the Movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I'm thinking like at the end of the movie to bring the story right up to the present day! :hmm:

But that wouldn't be acting, would it?

I personally doubt the movie will go as far up as the book, anyway - I guess it's because of the one set of actors and the fact that it'd be a longer script if you put 25 odd years into a single presumably 90-100 minute movie. Not that it hasn't been done, but I think the whole spirit of the movie would lose a little steam without being entirely set in the 70's and 80's, anyway.

I understand where you're coming from, of course, but I can't see it happening myself.

benbarnesasneilm.jpg

Prince Caspian star Ben Barnes pictured outside the Chimney Corner Hotel during the filming of 'Killing Bono'.

Newtonabbey Times

Hotel used as location for 'Killing Bono'

Published Date: 03 February 2010
By John Gillespie

A NEWTOWNABBEY hotel has been used as a location for the new film 'Killing Bono'.
The Chimney Corner Hotel, near Glengormley, was recently used as part of the 'Irish music-based comedy' telling the story of a Dublin band which lived in the shadow of U2 in the late 1970s.

Music journalist Neil McCormick was in the same class as Bono at Mount Temple Comprehensive on Dublin's northside and the movie is based on McCormick's memoirs. It depicts how he and his brother attempt to become rock stars but can only look on as old school friends U2 become the biggest band in the world.

Hotel Manager Monica Quinn told the Times: "It's a good thing for the hotel and we are delighted to have accommodated the film crew."

"Met at Belfast airport by a driver bearing sign Killing Bono. I wonder what other passengers made of that murderous greeting?"

"On the set, maintaining radio silence. The screen Bono is a true doppelganger, makes me feel like I've entered a timewarp."

"Meeting Ben Barnes as me was like entering the twilight zone. Discussing "the character" Ben says "I ... I mean Neil ... I mean you.""

--> From Neil's LJ :lol:

Omg, lucky bastard! :lol:

neil_mccormick

Silence on set. Shooting intense emotional scene. Then my phone bleeps. Everyone glares at me but I have the perfect defence: "It's Bono!"
12 minutes ago from web

neil_mccormick

Switching off now. Shhh!
12 minutes ago from web

The Ghost Who Walks

If you guys want to hear Neils music (which is very good by the way) I Love Harm's way and The World the way I found it, i found God.

In the video Neil appears a few times and also hold his child.

I remember when the book first came out there was a website where you could hear the music from Yeah! Yeah! and Shook up! but is gone now! :(

Oh boy I can't wait to see this film.

From Neil

"Spent all day watching movie getting made. Time for pizza and a movie somebody already made."

And some pics behind the scene's . These are from a killing Bono facebook page.
19177_290901989396_192657544396_3395722_3079444_n.jpg

12840_195332234396_192657544396_3020553_6742856_n.jpg

I think this is a u2 gig, I see a blonde Fro, Edge up front , he basically wore white blouses all the time. An I think I spot the Bono in a black turtleneck.

The Ghost Who Walks

If you guys want to hear Neils music (which is very good by the way) I Love Harm's way and The World the way I found it, i found God.

In the video Neil appears a few times and also hold his child.

I remember when the book first came out there was a website where you could hear the music from Yeah! Yeah! and Shook up! but is gone now! :(

Jeesh, now I understand where this came from:
In 2005, The Ghost Who Walks released a one off single (on Endeavour / Universal) in response to the London tube bombings, entitled ‘People I Don’t Know Are Trying To Kill Me’
U2 performed snatches of People I Don’t Know as part of ‘Electric Co.’ during their north American leg of their Vertigo tour.

I know it was discussed here on the boards, but I never read it was Neil's song (til now) :lol: :reject:

Back
Top Bottom