Killing Bono - Photos from the Movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
killingbono1-2.jpg

killingBono3-1.jpg

killingbono2-2.jpg

killingBono.jpg

On the set of Killing Bono

I also saved these pictures from October 2009 at the U2 Academic Conference held in Raleigh NC

Neil McCormick:

NM.jpg

NC-10-2-4-2009-1.jpg

nc-1.jpg

nc-2.jpg

nc-4.jpg

nc-3.jpg

^ Talking to Matt McGee from @U2

A Bono taped message was played

Bon10-09.jpg

10-09-1.jpg

Cool, thanks for posting! I remember him tweeting after he got home that it was hard going back to real life, that at home, no one was following him around, asking for his autograph. :lol: I adore him.

It's based on Neil McCormick's awesome memoir "I Was Bono's Doppelganger/Killing Bono" about his attempts to become a famous musician as his high school mates, the members of U2, were becoming global superstars. So it's mainly about Neil and his brother Ivan starting up several different bands but the members of U2 do figure into the story.

sounds great :up:

kb-ben-barnes-.jpg

People keep sending me links to surreptitious snaps from the closed set of Killing Bono. It was bad enough being Bono’s Doppelganger, now it seems I am danger of becoming my own. The general view is that it must be flattering being portrayed by such a handsome actor, but I’m not so sure. Anyone meeting me and expecting Ben Barnes is going to be disappointed. Or unconvinced. I’m looking forward to the inevitable conversation: “Hi, I’m Neil McCormick.” “No, you’re not.” Welcome to my nightmare …
Thanks to Flixelpix for the black and white picture. Not sure if I actually should thank anyone else for the others. Bastards.

-Neil

Go to his website

Neil McCormick

We all get a good laugh out of this, and lots of pitty for Neil :hug: :wink: We love ya Neil. It just sucks to be in the same class as Bono

I was walking around Belfast today and saw a giant billboard advertising the new U2 album - The Joshua Tree.:lol: No good-quality photos, sadly; it was too dark and I didn't have time to fiddle about with my point-and-shoot camera's settings. It was incredibly funny, though, to see the cover of The Joshua Tree on such a huge scale and in public!

I was walking around Belfast today and saw a giant billboard advertising the new U2 album - The Joshua Tree.:lol: No good-quality photos, sadly; it was too dark and I didn't have time to fiddle about with my point-and-shoot camera's settings. It was incredibly funny, though, to see the cover of The Joshua Tree on such a huge scale and in public!

:applaud:

Be our spy if you can :hyper:

I'll try! Only staying 'till Sunday, though. I did get a chance to get to Donegall Street and saw it all 'Londonised', but there was no filming going on while I was there.

Here's a very, very grainy shot of the ad:

JoshuaTreead.jpg

(It says - top: The Joshua Tree, bottom: New Album Out Now)

:D

^^ Wow, good job, evillaurd!!
Then I guess the movie is not only about their very early era... Does it include U2 reaching stardom??:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom