Joshua Tree Tour Photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rhiannon64

War Child
During the Spring and Fall/Winter of 1987 I had the good fortune of attending several JT concerts throughout the US. For some reason I didn't think to bring a camera with me until the end of the tour. These very grainy photos are from the Hampton Coliseum in Hampton, VA on December 12, 1987. They are taken with an instamatic camera. I traveled with a friend from NY to VA just to see the band. While the photos may not be the best or the clearest they hold very fond and special memories for me. Check out the ticket price!

Upon doing research, some highlights they performed 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, Out of Control, Mother's of the Disappeared and Lucille. I only remember Larry singing Tequila Sunrise as you can see in the photo below.

7hvwTWEs.jpg

The BoDeans opened for the band. Edge and Bono came out to play with them. Edge is only in the photos I took. (PS-the couple in front of us--you see the woman with the white bow in her hair--got married earlier in the day. She and her new husband spent the first night of their honeymoon at a U2 concert!)
LIAkzpzl.jpg

quZRAJJl.jpg

VtT9oJnl.jpg

QnqPo6Cl.jpg

v50QnLEl.jpg

eAvW44Ol.jpg

Fuxr151l.jpg

uJ1iQ84l.jpg

mhChmH9l.jpg

In that first one it looks a little like the Edge was appearing as Alton Dalton. Look how close you were! That's awesome.

Thanks, all! I'm really glad you've enjoyed them!

In that first one it looks a little like the Edge was appearing as Alton Dalton. Look how close you were! That's awesome.

Wow, Jeevey, you are spot on! I remember that when I found the pictures I also thought that Edge looked like Alton Dalton. I just did a bit of research and it turns out The Dalton Brothers DID perform at the Hampton Coliseum concert! I thought I saw them. I wonder where the rest of those photos are? Hmmm. I'll have to see if I still have them. Perhaps some didn't make it to the scrapbook.

These seats were from the 6th Row! I was very blessed with my tickets for that tour!

When I first saw the Dalton Brothers I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Everything about them was awesome. For a girl who cut her teeth on Dwight Yoakham, putting those boys in tight pants and having them twang country and be all ironic performance-arty at the same time was just about perfect.

Back
Top Bottom