I'm afraid to ask this in EYKIW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zuropa_fit

Blue Crack Addict
for fear of it being a stupid question but
Is there a difference between the DVD that comes with the deluxe edition of 'Under A Blood Red Sky' due out this week and the new 'Live at Red Rocks' DVD also due out this week?

:reject:

From what I see on Amazon, the DVD that comes in the Deluxe CD/DVD set is the same as the DVD being released on it's own.

Both DVD's have the 19 tracks on it.

^The deluxe edition usually has extras and would be more worth getting ;)

I know that, but I guess my question is if the DVD that comes with the CD of 'UABRS' is the same as the DVD of 'Live At Red Rocks'. Know what I mean? They're the same concert, right? The same night?

Ok I didn't even realize it's not on the CD either! What? :huh:

Why the no love for IFD :(

Yep. I checked the trax listings on "Under A Red Blood Sun" the cd and dvd. "I Fall Down" is missing on both of them. Doesn't make any sense to me, because I have the compete Red Rocks show (on MP3s). "I Fall Down" is included on that. Sounds okay to me.

There is a reason for the song not to be included, I don't think U2 left it off both the CD and the DVD without a real reason. Maybe they were running into copyright issues with a snippet or something and it can't be edited out.

Yep. I checked the trax listings on "Under A Red Blood Sun" the cd and dvd. "I Fall Down" is missing on both of them. Doesn't make any sense to me, because I have the compete Red Rocks show (on MP3s). "I Fall Down" is included on that. Sounds okay to me.

Yeah same here, it never even occured to me that it would be left off the CD! I was really hoping to finally see it on the DVD, but if turns out to be true that there is actually no video, that's understandable. But the audio being left off the cd?

There is a reason for the song not to be included, I don't think U2 left it off both the CD and the DVD without a real reason. Maybe they were running into copyright issues with a snippet or something and it can't be edited out.

You're correct about the copyright conflict. I listened to my soundboard tape of the show. Bono does the "Send In The Clowns" snippet at end of "Electric Co.," which then segues right into " I Fall Down."

I'm guessing it's the "Send In The Clowns" bit which led to the tune being removed.

I just looked on Play.com, and according to the site...the DVD only has 17 songs on it :huh:

I hope that's a mistake on their part. According to u2.com, the trax list for the dvd is:

LIVE AT RED ROCKS
Out Of Control / Twilight / An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart / Surrender / Two Hearts Beat As One / Seconds / Sunday Bloody Sunday / Cry / The Electric Co. /I Fall Down is missing here/ October / New Year's Day / I Threw A Brick Through A Window / A Day Without Me / Gloria / Party Girl / 11 O'Clock Tick Tock / I Will Follow / "40"

Other than the missing "I Fall Down" this is the complete show.

You're correct about the copyright conflict. I listened to my soundboard tape of the show. Bono does the "Send In The Clowns" snippet at end of "Electric Co.," which then segues right into " I Fall Down."

I'm guessing it's the "Send In The Clowns" bit which led to the tune being removed.

I relistened to "The Cry/Electric Co" from Red Rocks. Bono does the "send in the clowns" bit in the middle of tune. The tune then goes into this wild instrumental break and song has a clean end. "I Fall Down" isn't connected to the song, as I originally thought.

Bono sets up the song by saying, "this song......this song is about trying...trying and maybe failing....but at least trying, it's called I Fall Down."

So, now I'm back to square one. There is no copyright infringement in song.
I have no idea why this song has been left off.

Yeah I was going to say the song is seperate from Send in the Clowns. There is no snippet as far as I know of, though Bono does change up the lyrics a little, not unusual but possibly he's quoting something we're unaware of. It's only about 2 lines though.

Yeah I was going to say the song is seperate from Send in the Clowns. There is no snippet as far as I know of, though Bono does change up the lyrics a little, not unusual but possibly he's quoting something we're unaware of. It's only about 2 lines though.

Just read another thread about the camera malfunction. Mystery solved. :wave:

I sure wished this was going to be a complete show. Now, I've discovered "send in the clowns" is cut...."Let twist again" is cut out. Oh well.:mad:

I sure wished this was going to be a complete show. Now, I've discovered "send in the clowns" is cut...."Let twist again" is cut out. Oh well.:mad:

:wave: Yep, seems it was the camera malfunction. Also I don't know why I was under the impression there was going to be an audio disc of the full show. I thought I read it somewhere here but it looks like it wasn't so. Still looking forward to the dvd and UABRS remaster though! :)

Yeah, those were the copyright issue I was referring to earlier in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom