"I Was Bono's Doppelganger" to be filmed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rupertrover

Babyface
I haven't seen this posted yet. Neil McCormick's autobiography will be made into a film. I wonder who will play the members of U2?

14 May, 2009 | By Audrey Ward

Salt is tempting buyers with Nick Hamm’s I Was Bono’s Doppelganger starring Charlie Cox, Robert Sheehan, Romola Garai, Bill Nighy and Pete Postlethwaite.

Based on Neil McCormick’s autobiography, the film tells of McCormick and his brother’s disastrous attempts to become rock stars. Failing spectacularly they can only watch while old school friends U2 become the biggest band in the world.
Neil will be played by Charlie Cox with new Irish talent Robert Sheehan as younger brother Ivan. Nick Hamm (The Hole) directs and the project was developed through Hamm’s Greenroom Entertainment with British comedy-royalty writers Dick Clement and Ian La Frenais (The Commitments).
Producers are Piers Tempest for Salt, Mark Huffam of Generator Entertainment and Ian Flooks (former agent to U2) of Wasted Talent, with James Flynn of Octagon. Liz Gallacher is music supervisor for Cutting Edge and Mike Hedges (a frequent U2 collaborator, including All That You Can’t Leave Behind) is music producer.
Financiers include Matador Pictures and Cutting Edge Group. An August shoot in Belfast, Dublin and London is planned.

http://www.screendaily.com/salt-tempts-buyers-with-i-was-bonos-doppelganger/5001114.article

:applaud::lol::drool:
WHO will be them????? Ben Stiller does a fine Bono......
Thanks for the heads up... this should be pretty funny..

Will it be an indie type film then?? Hope we can get a hold of it.

What's the plot? This guy was a friend of Bono's in High School, and felt overshadowed by him?

the book is absolutely brilliant. neil is a very talented writer. im stoked for this.

I'm going into this with an open mind, cause I was dead wrong about "I'm Not There" (The Bob Dylan Bio Pic)...I loved it, and I thought I was going to hate it.

:up: Good find on that U2 Rock Crusade on Amazon, Laura!

I loved the Doppleganger book and it would make a good comedy/autobiography about Bono's life. Not sure if Bono could pull off playing himself. If they are looking for someone to play him please please PLEASE keep that certain wanna-be look alike person away from this project!

The young Bono should only be played by his daughter Eve. Right now with very little effort she has the look. If what's her face can play Dylan in a pic then Eve can certainly play Bono.

Dana

The first time I saw this book I thought it was fiction and didn;t buy it. Never seen it again of course, until last year. Great fun!

I loved this book. I've always liked Neil's writing in Hot Press. This should be a great movie. And anything with Bill Nighy in it is gold. :up:

(and yes this is a book about Neil and Ivan's life, not about U2..... :wink: )

Back
Top Bottom