I desperately need to know where the U2 are recording in London

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

francyfra

Babyface
For the first time in my life I am in the same City the U2 are (except for the concerts but that's a too short time!!).

I spent 2 weeks in the freezing cold London winter trying to find the studios they are recording in but all I hav got is a cold! :depressed:

What do I have to do to find them?? Who do I have to ask to?? :scratch:

All my lunch breaks are spent visiting studios around the area I know they are and...nothing!! I spoke to my connections (I work in the music industry but my connections aren't good connections!! :angry::angry: ) and still nothing!!

Any help?? :help::help:

I don't know where you got the idea that U2 are recording their new album in London, coz the only place that I've heard them doing any major work on the album is at the Electric Lady studios in New York and we have seen plenty of photos you U2 meeting with fans outside the studios from last year. And the only other place I can think of that they might be doing some recording would be in Dublin, which is where all the members of U2 live, for of most of the time, when they're not on tour. :shrug:

As I said I work in the music industry and "luckily" I can still get some info (not the ones I need though!!) !! I know where they did the CD photo shoots (I just found out too late) and I know more or less what area they are in.

The went back to US quite few times but I can tell for sure that they are recording here.

Moreover in the many hours I spent researchin I read million of times Bono's interview where he said to the BBC: "We’re here in this great nation, in this capital, in some dank basement. Where I’m calling from, as we speak, there were mice spotted earlier. We call it the Oil Rig. Why is it that we always end up hanging out with men in overalls? You start a band when you’re 17 and then you get a crew if you’re lucky and they’re all in overalls and then you go to the studio and there’s more people in overalls. Not enough girls. Please, girls out there, start twiddling those knobs.”

As far as I can remember New York isn't a capital and the Electric Studios aren't a dank basemnet.

Also The Edge's cousin was "so nice" to post photos af him and her here in London while he was visiting the Charity where she works... :angry:

Yes they will be at the Oscars this Week End but I assume they have got enough funds to go and come back as much as they want!! :D

Yes, they were indeed recording in London, the Hollywood Reporter and Billboard Magazine interviews and photo shoots took place there, but it was a secret hideaway for the band, so there's a reason why no one knows or should know where exactly they did the recording.

Right now, they're in California. Maybe they'll get back to England after the Oscars, but I'd rather they finally announced the damn album and stop recording all together. :sigh:

Hi everybody,
everyone knows the band is in LA for the Event.
They should be back after that. Obviously.
The only thing is that since I am fan of the U2 (1985) the location where they are recording is never been a secret..
and is actually not, because many people know where they are, many people have met and seen them, even if they were not interested at all.
I do not believe in the story of the secret location,
I only believe that is getting difficult for the fans to go around searching for them, as it used to be years ago, people like me 10 years ago did not have a job and had free time to do these things, now we all have busy lives,
and some have families, many fans are too young to do so.
Still searching for them me too. If anybody have an idea it would be great, help is always welcome.:D:wave:

Well considering that Bono was moaning that there are not enough girls (please see the interview I quoted above) I wouldn't call it "stalking"....I'd call it answering to Bono's requests!! :heart::heart:

At the end of the day we are adults, workers, lovers, fan and if we really love them I'd say we are a bit stalkers deep inside!! Knowing where they are who wouldn't go to meet them just to say "hello"?? Bringing a van containing all our U2 CDs, Books, DVDs, etc!!

Just joking though! :giggle:

Anyway I'll keep hunting!! I'll never give up!! I'll find them somewhere!! Because I :heart: :edge: :bono: :larry: :adam: :heart:

I can tell you from personal experience that it's much more fulfilling meeting them by just happening to be in the right place at the right time than it is by actively pursuing them.

Sure!! And definitely possible when you have nothing at all to do in your life!!

Not the same when you are working 10 hours a day, in a different Country with a house to look after...

:madwife:

Well I may be be a stranger to the forum, I can give you that, but the fact remains that I know better than quite a few "so called" fan & forum old members where they are and what they do!
Are This the XXI century U2 fans? Quite disappointing!! I thought that crisis made my guys from the Italian forum less interested in my loved one (U2 obviously) but it seems a common illness instead!

Such a shame!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

the fact remains that I know better than quite a few "so called" fan & forum old members where they are and what they do!

I gather that we may be experiencing a bit of a loss in translation here...but really then why would you ask people in this forum's help?

There's a few of us who are quite in tune with where the band is and what they're up to...we just don't necessarily camp out at every location to try and get close to them though. And there's a general nervousness at new members who seemingly join up for the sole purpose of finding out intimate details of where the band will be next.

But other than that, welcome! :D

:wink:

I gather that we may be experiencing a bit of a loss in translation here...but really then why would you ask people in this forum's help?

There's a few of us who are quite in tune with where the band is and what they're up to...we just don't necessarily camp out at every location to try and get close to them though. And there's a general nervousness at new members who seemingly join up for the sole purpose of finding out intimate details of where the band will be next.

But other than that, welcome! :D

:wink:

Yes, you are right, I'm sorry, I didn't realised that this is what it may look like! Therefore it may be better explaining where I come from in terms of U2.
In 2005 (Almost 10 years ago!! :shocked: God time is flying!) I was part/admin of the one known as the Official Italian forum (called back then zooitalia).

Then problems started between admins, everything got difficult, I moved abroad and the forum just got dead...no one was writing any more (or not as before!!), no one was really interested in what the guys were doing and I just became inactive.

Now I am in London, I work in the music industry (www.flyingmusic.com - can I put that in?? Or I'll remove it, I am not advertising, it's just to show that unfortunately I am far too normal!! :crack: ) and as soon as I found out that they are here I tried to find out if I could finally see my dream come true!! Unfortunately my Company doesn't have such big connections and the people I know from our forum are now too busy with kids, and family to care about finding the U2.

My family is made 2 cats and my best friend/even crazier fan of U2 and, as the cats do not care if I spend my evenings looking for the U2, I thought to give it a try.

I read the U2 interference posts for the past 2 weeks and I though to join, no for the info itself but just for the fact that it seemed to me there are still real fan here.

Now here we are! You may help me or you may not, it's entirely up to you. But I am still planning to hang around for quite a bit and I am still planning to find the U2 while they are in London.

Unfortunately we can't call it "stalking" as I need to find them first and....I still haven't found what I am looking for!! :sad:

Back
Top Bottom