How will Bono find what he's looking for in this enormous bedroom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to buy that purple dress that Eve was wearing from Edun and hopefully get it in time for my friends birthday next Friday.

Going back to the designs. What's with the airing cupboard? I know the water heater in this case would be electric, but I would have thought that the amount of money they have they would have installed some sort of larger boiler in the lower part of the house or installed central heating water.

:nerd:

(ha ha ha)

Oh dear.. one comment from me and I started a whole purple rant. :giggle:

There's nothing wrong with purple socks. I was just mocking Bono's money making field 'cause he be ballin', ya know what I mean? Hahaha. I guess my comment went really misinterpreted. Sorry if I offended some here. :|

I didn't know Bono and the family had pets. :reject: Wow. I am seriously behind on Bono. I knew Larry had dogs, but I wasn't aware the B-man had pets too. Regardless, that's awesome. 'Cause pets make the house fun! I bet when they play with the dogs in the house... throwing the tennis ball onto the 400th floor... good stuff.

My dog would love that. :love:

Can someone explain how renovating your house "overshadows" Enyas castle? :eyebrow:

Good question, especially considering her "house" is about ten times the size of his, and is high up the hill overlooking his as well. Maybe she's concerned that all those wrap-around windows will creat light pollution at night? :shrug:

Maybe she's concerned that Bono can peek into her windows from his amazing balcony?

Much more likely the other way around. In this pic, her house is the large castle-like building up the hill from Bono's house:

bonohouse.jpg

There was a rumour that he was interested in some castle in the countryside. I never heard anything about his wanting to buy Enya's place. I think she's lived there for a long time.

I was wondering what that "airing cupboard" is myself...maybe where he can hang up his stinky clothes to get the smoke out of them so he can wear them a second time before washing.

Here's the latest, from today's Herald:

Bono wins approval for huge extension to mansion
By Cormac Murphy

Thursday November 27 2008

Bono has been given the go-ahead to build a massive extension to his south Dublin mansion.

The U2 singer and his wife Ali Hewson were granted permission by Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown County Council for the revamp.

The famous couple have been allowed to add a new second floor, which will include an en-suite master bedroom and colossal wardrobes.

They have also been given the green light to add a lower ground-floor conservatory to their Temple Hill home on Vico Road in Killiney.

Dun Laoghaire planners attached nine conditions to the grant of permission.

Bono, who applied to the council using his real name, Paul Hewson, will be able to install a terrace at second-floor level around the full perimeter of the house.

The changes, designed by Colin Jennings Architect, will make the most of the U2 singer's amazing sea views.

The new terrace will be accessed through a new en-suite master bedroom and an adjoining en-suite study.

Only one objection was lodged against the plans. It came in from heritage body An Taisce, which said that the extension would "distract" from singer Enya's historic mansion.

An Taisce also contended that Temple Hill is within a conservation area.

It said the extension would distract from two protected structures -- Enya's Ayesha Castle and Killiney Hill Obelisk.

I'm guessing that the best time for all of that noisy and messy work would be during the tour. They're essentially taking the top off their house, which would render it pretty much unliveable.

The Hewsons seem to have a thing for taking the tops off their houses. They did the same thing with their Martello tower, replacing the bricks and mortar with wrap-around glass.

16301084_1.jpg

It lends special meaning to the lines

The sky over our head
We can reach it from our bed

:hmm:

^ I like it. There are a lot of old houses here that were renovated a few years ago and an additional last floor was attached with glass. Must be a great view.

Back
Top Bottom