GQ - 'Band of the year' scans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh and I got some free trends magazine and a rubber....

:shifty: wristband.

Interesting that Bono wears an EDUN suit. And that the Edge's beanie was his own. :wink:

And holy crap. Adam wears a 2,500 quid suit. :crack:

I finally remembered to go check out my usual newsagents in Kuopio today and asked if I could order the October editoin of British GQ magzine coz all they had on show was the August edition of the North American GQ. The clerk checked the shops buying book and said yes, she can order it for me! :hyper:

She couldn't say whether it'll be the one with U2 on the cover but I'll at least have the article!! :loveshower: She promised to send me a text message when it comes in, which will be around the 28th of this month. :D

Managed to pick up another copy today. Went to the post office and the guy said it will be around £8 to post to Europe (Portugal is where I specifically enquired about as I have another two to send there later) they're heavy magazines! :|

So, the offer is there! I'll keep hold of it until everyone either has one, or is sure they won't be able to find it themselves. I'll only ask for the mag cost (£3.99) + postage to wherever you are. Which I'm sure will still work out much cheaper than what greedy people are charging on ebay :tsk:

Managed to pick up another copy today. Went to the post office and the guy said it will be around £8 to post to Europe (Portugal is where I specifically enquired about as I have another two to send there later) they're heavy magazines! :|

So, the offer is there! I'll keep hold of it until everyone either has one, or is sure they won't be able to find it themselves. I'll only ask for the mag cost (£3.99) + postage to wherever you are. Which I'm sure will still work out much cheaper than what greedy people are charging on ebay :tsk:

You have PM.....:shifty:

I'm a new member...mostly been lurking, but wanted to say a big THANK YOU for the scans of the GQ magazine. Good grief they look amazing! Like fine wine...all of them!

Mephy, are you on Tumblr? I think I may be following you on there.

Well I still haven`t managed to find a copy. Lots and lots with Lara Stone on, a few with that yound bloke, and some with Keith Richards. Very odd - you think men would want the cover with Lara Stone, not U2 so where are all those copies of the mag??

Well I still haven`t managed to find a copy. Lots and lots with Lara Stone on, a few with that yound bloke, and some with Keith Richards. Very odd - you think men would want the cover with Lara Stone, not U2 so where are all those copies of the mag??

Do heterosexual men even buy that magazine?

Was Lara Stone the halfnaked blonde bimbo? If so, I came across her WAY too many times today. :crack: One store even had 20 copies of that cover. Just that cover.

:reject: I`ve given in and ordered it off e-bay. Promised it would be the u2 cover Just over £10.20 including postage. Posted today so hopefully should have it by the end of the week :hyper:

I'm a new member...mostly been lurking, but wanted to say a big THANK YOU for the scans of the GQ magazine. Good grief they look amazing! Like fine wine...all of them!

Mephy, are you on Tumblr? I think I may be following you on there.

I'm on tumblr but I think others posted these there before I got the chance. I have a Bono tumblr and my personal one is kissthefuture :)

I'll try next week... here where I live it is almost impossible to get foreign magazines... but next week I'm off to Dublin, so I'll keep my fingers crossed to find a copy... or the originals... :shifty:

I found it in the US at Barnes and Noble for Americans that might be looking. But it won't be out till the end of this month or start of next. Call your local B&N and ask if they carry it.

Again I will say... AGAIN. That this magazine will not be out until the end of September in North America or beginning of October.

Everyone keeps freaking out - no one should be spending $50 for a magazine that isn't even out yet over here!!

I've been collecting British mags for ages... and it's always about 3 weeks-one month later that we get the SAME ISSUE over here.

/ventcomplete

Again I will say... AGAIN. That this magazine will not be out until the end of September in North America or beginning of October.

Everyone keeps freaking out - no one should be spending $50 for a magazine that isn't even out yet over here!!

I've been collecting British mags for ages... and it's always about 3 weeks-one month later that we get the SAME ISSUE over here.

/ventcomplete

:up: I totally agree.

There's two reasons why I never even bother to look for these magazines when I hear they are coming out:

1. it takes a month before we get them

2. once we get the magazine in our stores, they'll be on the shelf for an entire month.

I figure I have until around Halloween to find this magazine in the stores. :shrug: It can come out anytime and will still be in the stores until at least the end of Oct.

This happens every time a new mag with U2 on the cover comes out and I can't ever figure out why everyone thinks they aren't going to get it. If you know of a store in your area that is selling GQ then you will be able to get the U2 edition at some point in the near future. It's not worth ebay or even having someone in Europe send you a copy because you're not only going to pay for the magazine but you're going to have to pay for shipping....I enjoy a good U2 cover story myself but I'm not willing to waste my hard earned money on shipping for anything. :tsk: I'm more than happy to wait. There's never been a single magazine with U2 in it that I haven't been able to find in the stores at some point.

I think the panic come from the fact that people in the UK are having a hard time finding the cover. This is their regular GQ not an import. I know my newsstand might carry 6 copies of an import mag. If someone in England isn't finding 1 U2 cover in a batch of 20 on the rack, then I may have that much of a harder time finding it since there might be only 4 accessible newsstands that carry British GQ. And some people may have even less options. They live someplace rural, so spend $20 driving or having someone ship you the magazine - thus freeing your day from driving around.

I know that in my neck of the woods, we can get import magazines at the same time or 3 weeks after. It depends on the magazine. I have missed out on some covers going by 'oh, it will be available next month'. Then I pop by the shop to find Coldplay's ugly mug staring at me. :fist:

And some people may have even less options. They live someplace rural, so spend $20 driving or having someone ship you the magazine - thus freeing your day from driving around.

yes, that's why I said if you know of a store in your area that sells it ;)....if you don't live anywhere convenient to get the magazine then of course your only option is ebay or others on this site. But I've never had a problem in Minneapolis getting any of the imports and I don't have newsstands to go to, just plain old Barnes and Noble.

Same here, I usually have to wait for about 3 weeks , and everyone hates U2 here, so there is no one getting in the way for me.

Same here, I usually have to wait for about 3 weeks , and everyone hates U2 here, so there is no one getting in the way for me.

I didn`think there were that many U2 fans in Leicester either! That`s why I`m coming to the conclusion that it is a rare cover. I must have seen over 100 copies of the magazine now, but non with U2 on the front. The most common are Lara Stone or Keith Richards. Maybe Paul McG is the person selling them on ebay :hmm: :reject:

I didn`think there were that many U2 fans in Leicester either! That`s why I`m coming to the conclusion that it is a rare cover. I must have seen over 100 copies of the magazine now, but non with U2 on the front. The most common are Lara Stone or Keith Richards. Maybe Paul McG is the person selling them on ebay :hmm: :reject:

I went into town the morning it was first out and it was such a task to find, so yeah, I do think it's a case of less U2 covers than the fact that other fans have snatched them up. :down:

I know they all look older now and obv are, but Bono just looks so beautiful.......its kinda like, in having watched him change imagewise over the years since I got into him back in 87, as well as the band develop with their music styles - right now when I look at the shot of him in GQ I feel a mixture of emotion......mainly saddened....

....and yet, I feel warm and content, that all in all, U2 have given me so much pleasure over the years, thru their image, concert set-ups and music, that if they were to retire soon, I know in a way they've been big part of my life....and for that Im thankful. :up:

I saw 3 copies of - I guess - the previous edition today, with Justin Timberlake on the cover. That means I can hope to find what I look for in the near future. It's more expensive here than in the UK but it's incomparable with those ridiculous ebay prices.

Btw, I was the only one woman browsing the stand with press for men :giggle:

Something like this sprang in mind :

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom