GQ - 'Band of the year' scans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The prices for the magazine on ebay are terrible! :angry:

Oh wow. :down: as I said earlier in the thread, if I find anymore I will snatch them up. Postage might be a lot because it's quite a thick magazine, but I'd only ask for the cost £3.99 + postage. People are so greedy :tsk:

Oh wow. :down: as I said earlier in the thread, if I find anymore I will snatch them up. Postage might be a lot because it's quite a thick magazine, but I'd only ask for the cost £3.99 + postage. People are so greedy :tsk:

That's really sweet of everyone who is offering, that's why this place is so awesome. I will do the same if I get lucky enough to find any here when they hit the US. I also have some older magazines I'm always happy to send along and trade and share. I usually have a huge supply of extras I gather over the years!

There's one on ebay right now for $55! :tsk:

That's really sweet of everyone who is offering, that's why this place is so awesome. I will do the same if I get lucky enough to find any here when they hit the US. I also have some older magazines I'm always happy to send along and trade and share. I usually have a huge supply of extras I gather over the years!

There's one on ebay right now for $55! :tsk:

Really? :hyper: *squeels* I might have to ask you about some mags then.
I ordered a bunch from ebay , but they got lost by UPC and I never heard from them ever since. So I just don't want to order them from Ebay anymore.
:reject:

I wouldn't want to either!

And $55 for a magazine is insane. Unless maybe it was like a 1980-something issue of Propaganda. THEN I admit I would pay $55 for a magazine.

Really? :hyper: *squeels* I might have to ask you about some mags then.
I ordered a bunch from ebay , but they got lost by UPC and I never heard from them ever since. So I just don't want to order them from Ebay anymore.
:reject:

Aww that sucks! Yes, definitely, send me a PM, and we can see what I have. I do have much less than I did before though because I donated a huge batch of them to charity recently, but I do still have some. :hmm:

Aww that sucks! Yes, definitely, send me a PM, and we can see what I have. I do have much less than I did before though because I donated a huge batch of them to charity recently, but I do still have some. :hmm:

Heh, was it the AWF ? That where I ordered them :shifty: I know its not their fault. Its UPC :scream:

I'll send you a pm. Thanks a bunch already!

Heh, was it the AWF ? That where I ordered them :shifty: I know its not their fault. Its UPC :scream:

I'll send you a pm. Thanks a bunch already!

OMG seriously!? Um yeah, so I may not have those you want any more! :hug: But yes, I may have a few extras so let me know!

Tried two stores today, no luck. Tomorrow I'll try in Amsterdam. American Bookstore, British bookstore and Waterstones. If they don't have it, I doubt I can find it here. :crack:

I found GQ, just not the right edition. No "Men of the year" stuff. I think it isn't out here yet. Might take a week or two. They better have the U2 cover then :madwife:

I was told my a few of the guys at the newsstands that the magazines usually come in Thursdays. So, I'll check this Thursday and Friday to see if any of come in.

Ooh, I'm off on Thursday. I may be able to escape my panicked packing and make a quick trip downtown. :hmm:

Yes, that is now on my list of "souvenirs." :wink:

I'm not sure what would be cheaper - buying the import price here, or paying in Euros over there!

:crack: Went to 5 different stores in Amsterdam today, 1 didn't have GQ at all, 1 had the september issue still, 1 had the mag but only one cover with some halfnaked blonde chick(and they had 20+ magazines!!!!), and finally Waterstone's had a couple but not the U2 cover and finally one had ONE U2 cover. It was 9 euros, but hey at least I got it for less than eBay. :wink:

So sorry guys, I couldn't find any extras. :( Seems like this bugger is harder to find than I thought.

I looked today as well. I might go out at lunch to my uni's bookstore. I check every few days. I'm hoping that they send more U2 over here since we have no interest in Lara Stone. Maybe Bradley Cooper, Hugh Laurie and Deadman Richards. Geez, the photographer must have made overtime in photoshopping that cover.

Back
Top Bottom