Freestylin' Friday: The Joshua Tree to Love Town

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think you're overreacting because no one ever said your name. You are not the only one that talks about the guitars and gives information. This was not a personal attack on you; it was just a general request to everyone. I never said your name nor did I quote you anywhere in my original request. I still cannot understand why this is something to get so offended over. I also suggested we have a mod sticky a thread at the top of pleba for guitars. It could be a pleba gear thread and could be for the guitars and drums or it could be solely dedicated to Edge's gear. If you feel that my request warranted a private message then I'm really sorry you feel that way because it's just not all about you so why would I privately contact you? I didn't ask for a moderator intervention; I never even contacted a mod at all so if you were contacted by one then it has nothing to do with me. I merely asked that maybe WE could contact a mod to sticky a thread since none of us have the capability. Regarded the fact that others ask you about guitars....yes they do and that's fine but why not have one thread where people can ask ANYONE about the guitars and anyone can answer.

This is pretty ridiculous, I think. It's a picture thread on a message board and not something to get all worked up and offeded over.

Also, if you had a problem with the way I asked then it works both ways and you could have contacted me in private if you felt that my request was directed towards you.

Thought about this post all weekend and here's my public response.

1) I am sorry that it seems to have been a problem for some that I offered up guitar information. My intent was not to turn PLEBA into anything it isn't.

2) If someone had an issue, why not have PM'ed and said something to me privately, instead of calling out publicly? Why a public message asking for moderator intervention? That made the whole thing come off a bit... harsher than it needed. While I will give the benefit of the doubt that was not the intent of the poster.

3) There is guitar and gear in general related forum "Even Better Than The Real Thing" and I do post there.

4) So there is a gear forum, why post here? Two reasons spring to mind.

• My own enthusiasm for the band and their music and what they use to make all of those great songs.
  • Simply as others have asked me what was in such and such picture.

Yes, I have offered the information. And at times it was requested of me - to which I gladly answered.

I apologize if my enthusiam has been an issue for some. It is and never was my point to turn PLEBAns into guitar experts or to have annoyed them with information or posts that they didn't want to read. I was merely offering a different layer to the conversation of the various pictures. And I was in some cases answering questions posed by others.

So I hope that we are all okay and no one is mad about my past indiscretion regarding guitars. I will control my enthusiam. :wave:

All I have to say to that is...

edgeJTdesertshack.jpg

edgeJTdesertshackside.jpg

edgebonowowyvid.jpg

Actually, there IS plenty more one could say but oh well...

I think you're overreacting because no one ever said your name. You are not the only one that talks about the guitars and gives information. This was not a personal attack on you; it was just a general request to everyone. I never said your name nor did I quote you anywhere in my original request. I still cannot understand why this is something to get so offended over. I also suggested we have a mod sticky a thread at the top of pleba for guitars. It could be a pleba gear thread and could be for the guitars and drums or it could be solely dedicated to Edge's gear. If you feel that my request warranted a private message then I'm really sorry you feel that way because it's just not all about you so why would I privately contact you? I didn't ask for a moderator intervention; I never even contacted a mod at all so if you were contacted by one then it has nothing to do with me. I merely asked that maybe WE could contact a mod to sticky a thread since none of us have the capability. Regarded the fact that others ask you about guitars....yes they do and that's fine but why not have one thread where people can ask ANYONE about the guitars and anyone can answer.

This is pretty ridiculous, I think. It's a picture thread on a message board and not something to get all worked up and offeded over.

Also, if you had a problem with the way I asked then it works both ways and you could have contacted me in private if you felt that my request was directed towards you.

WOW. I was one of the ones who asked EO some questions about guitars and now I feel pretty crappy that he got attacked for answering me because he doesn't deserve that at all.

Honestly, who ELSE are you 'targeting' in this particular thread (THIS THREAD) but EO? Someone somewhere else at another time may have said something about a guitar but I'm sorry, you can't hide it that you HAVE blatently targeted EO here.

Hands up who doesn't have a problem with EO's guitar discussion?

*puts hand up first*

I know I'm a relatively new member here but I've definitely made what I believe to be a positive impact on PLEBA and the Edge threads... however this kind of stuff makes one reconsider whether she wants to be part of the community. You have 20,000 some posts so maybe you don't care, however it looks really bad to newer members.

And EO is right. This should be dealt with by mods if it really offends you, that's usually how things work on message boards, is it not?

Back
Top Bottom