Fan Art V3 - Art being born!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono_voc_of_o__connel_street_by_joy_of_markers-d2yuno2.png

This thread was ded *kicks back to life*

Ok...Im just gonna copy and paste what I wrote about this on DA. Also, I would liek to restate that I hate scanners sometimes....:| :

"I did have a load of other drawings going on - but U2's return to the stage after a break (which was prolonged due to Bono's injury) instantly put me in a great mood - and I was even happier *fangirlsqueal* to find that pictures of the show were already up on the internet!

*woo*

so...yes, here is one of those photographs...Bono and Adam in gig mode :)

This is done in pencils - and I promptly realised after scanning it that all the black areas (a large proportion of the image) were...er...shiny. So I had to edit it the best I could without disguising the fact that it is a drawing - hope I didnt get too cariied away.... anyway... :heart:"

SCAN0096.jpg

Whoa.

So much depth.

popml verrrrrrrry nice Bono & Adam drawing!:applaud:

domo-k! love your Bono sketch!:hyper:
ther cross-hatching is great!

um...is it in plain old black office ball point pen? B/c I often do stuff in ball point pen these days( nd sometimes inthe past) ...until i feel confident again enough to go back to the archival grade black felt tip markers I've been buying over the last year or so. I don't want to waste them!

Funny enough ..as a school trained Artist from 7th grade on ( actually earlier) through Art College and continued Adult Ed and self-education through books and The Net---

I really LIKE the look of
"Black Office Ball Point Pen"! :lmao::lmao:

it usally has a gradation from black to balck-blueish gray.
you can see that's so in your sketch there!
WHich is why I'll be very suprised if it's NOT BOBPP!!!! :eyebrow::lol:

the only question i have is IS his eye that small? ALthough his ?right eye lid makes that eye look smaller than the his left one.

glad you both BUMPED this threadf back up! :applaud::applaud::)

popml verrrrrrrry nice Bono & Adam drawing!:applaud:

domo-k! love your Bono sketch!:hyper:
ther cross-hatching is great!

um...is it in plain old black office ball point pen? B/c I often do stuff in ball point pen these days( nd sometimes inthe past) ...until i feel confident again enough to go back to the archival grade black felt tip markers I've been buying over the last year or so. I don't want to waste them!

Funny enough ..as a school trained Artist from 7th grade on ( actually earlier) through Art College and continued Adult Ed and self-education through books and The Net---

I really LIKE the look of
"Black Office Ball Point Pen"! :lmao::lmao:

it usally has a gradation from black to balck-blueish gray.
you can see that's so in your sketch there!
WHich is why I'll be very suprised if it's NOT BOBPP!!!! :eyebrow::lol:

the only question i have is IS his eye that small? ALthough his ?right eye lid makes that eye look smaller than the his left one.

glad you both BUMPED this threadf back up! :applaud::applaud::)

It IS infamous black office ballpoint pen..
And about the Eye's he was erh, kind of glaring , trough is glasses at Ali.
I think thats why they look so small. Plus I had areally hard time figuring them out behind his shades. The pic I used for Reff. was a kind of dark pic .

It IS infamous black office ballpoint pen..
And about the Eye's he was erh, kind of glaring , trough is glasses at Ali.
I think thats why they look so small. Plus I had areally hard time figuring them out behind his shades. The pic I used for Reff. was a kind of dark pic .

:lol: BOBPP!:applaud::applaud:

and your explainnation makes sense! Yeah glass refections are tricky to do & look through to see the eye(s).
anyway great job domo-k!:yes:

BIROis the name for Office Ball Point Pen Drawings????!!???

OR a type/style of drawing , not the meiudm used?

eh I just call them biros LOL.

Is it a Brit thing? I dunno.....:huh: :lol:

sometimes they can be called biro drawings too.......*dies of confusion*

^ yeah we do have some really great artists on interference :up: :)
Its nice that the art cheers you up!

Whoa I've missed so much! I love, love, LOVE the ink drawing and the Adam and Bono drawing! I'm still trying to get my jaw off the floor as we speak.

:shocked: You're not the only one!!
It's incredible how U2 inspires all of us to rise above our comfort zone, to reach higher than what we thought we could ever achieve:D:heart:

As a fellow art lover who enjoys museums and such, I can only bow down and marvel at it all!

i tried to post way earlier but my wifi signal got iffy :huh: it happens off & on

anyway I looked up "biro drawing" and got an artist who had some marvelous work up., and talks about it & maybe links to other artists etc

enjoy!:D

He said biro was a Brit term. Oherwise it's called ballpoint drawing.

here's part of his site

Biro Drawing.co.uk

enjoy!

hey PML93 :wave:

:lol::lol::lol:

OH!.... I just remembered/realized since i often use Papermate black pens as well.....

on the BIC Crystal pen (clear plastic barrel) it has a little "logo"? that
says......"Biro" ... so that's where that comes from!

:lol::lol: i don't have one around at this min, but yeah, i can visualize it there on the barrel of the pen! :lol:

Mystery Solved! :D

:lol::lol::lol:

OH!.... I just remembered/realized since i often use Papermate black pens as well.....

on the BIC Crystal pen (clear plastic barrel) it has a little "logo"? that
says......"Biro" ... so that's where that comes from!

:lol::lol: i don't have one around at this min, but yeah, i can visualize it there on the barrel of the pen! :lol:

Mystery Solved! :D

Had to google - there's an actual mr Biro we can thank for all this: László Bíró - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One learns something new every day... :nerd:

I finished this bad boy yesterday......

IMG_2078.jpg

I loved the actual photograph - but it took much longer than it should of because I had so much homework (back at school :crack:) to deal with first. meh.

:D

Holy shit!!!! :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked: :faint: This is fantastic!!!!!!! AMAZING! MAGNIFICENT!!! :bow::bow::bow: His nose, shades, mouth, cheek, hair, EVERYTHING is just perfect!!!!!!!!!! :love:

I finished this bad boy yesterday......

IMG_2078.jpg

I loved the actual photograph - but it took much longer than it should of because I had so much homework (back at school :crack:) to deal with first. meh.

:D

EDIT: Just wanted to link to the dev page Punjabijoka on deviantART

I've been your watcher on DA for some time and before opening this thread a minute ago I saw this picture on DA - what a coincidence :D Great one!

I'm looking at this on my Ipod, Leesh! Looks fucking brill, like the photograph but in b&w,
it's pretty :hug:

hey domo-k, still here? :wave:

minsku :lol: thanks for the link! and thanmks to Mr Biro!

very nice shading, popml93 !:applaud::applaud:

I'm depending on free hotspots. Still in brussels, in the Irish pub now
enjoying a drink , and getting my breath back after I've gone see the boys at their hotel :hyper:

:hug::hug: 's for DBL & Domo

:kiss: I want to do a gig with you. They better go to London next year!

Back
Top Bottom