Eve's new movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A few stills from the first 5 minutes

6941430371_3ea5dc1741_b.jpg

6941430395_4cd7857b7b_b.jpg

6941430439_551b6f1b9a_b.jpg

6941438619_b51d74dc0a_b.jpg

Where I live it's now in the theaters but films are usually released very late here.

Thank you! I haven't heard of it being around where. I live. Hopefully, it will be available on dvd. I like Sean Penn as an actor and I think the film has an interesting plot.

BTW.......Eve is a beautiful young lady. Her mom and dad must be very proud.

Has anyone noticed on eve's twitter the following keeps going off you have to press following all the time?

She laughs again: "In my family I would never dare to think of being Paris Hilton! And to me that doesn't look like a happy existence -- it's just not who I am."

Thanks :up: That's the first longer interview I've read with Eve. It's very interesting and I really like that girl. The Hewsons don't seem to be your typical Showbiz family. It's surprising who disciplined they are and how little they tried to spoil the kids. I like the fact that Eve is so fucused on her education and her work and that she's earning her money herself. I can totally understand her parents being anxious about her having an acting carreer since they, Bono in particular, know the trappings of showbiz and fame.

However, I don't understand why she isn't allowed to stay at her parent's place in NY. Guess it must be an ironic statment :lol:

Good to see her missing her home and family and having a good relationship with her parents and siblings. You don't get that with many celebrity families who are often a total mess.

Thanks for finding this great and insightful interview! :applaud: This should refute some of the nasty comments made here, by certain individuals, accusing Eve of being "arrogant" and having had it easy!?! She sounds like really sweet girl, who has her head on straight, thanks to the great parenting of Bono and Ali!! :up:

And no Bella, I've had no trouble with Eve's twitter page, I haven't been unfollowed, since I started following her, not once!? :shrug:

Wow, reading this I almost feel like a spoilt brat in comparison. :ohmy: My parents don't deny me and my siblings access to their houses or economical help. :reject:
Show business is competitive and hard but so are a lot of common workplaces, having bad colleagues or leadership is one element but a lot of jobs are straining for various reasons. Friends of mine and I have had jobs that to many sounds like fun while in reality was exhausting and at worst had a really bad work-environment. I can't see that Eve would be worse off with an acting career instead of other type of jobs, no job is 100% safe.

I like her passport name, Eve Sunny Day Hewson has a good ring to it. :cute:

I like "Sunny Day" as well, it's sweet :)

And I really don't think that Eve's parents deny her access to their appartment or money if she needs any. In fact I think Bono's money must have been quite helpful for her to start her own life in New York years ago since I don't believe she was able to live of her own money that quickly. I think her parents might be a bit careful about her bringing friends to their house to hang out there and maybe associate themselves with her family, which I can understand, but surely not about Eve spending time with her family. She seems to be with her mom, dad and her siblings a lot but doesn't talk about it publicly.

I like her attitude, especially what she says about not feeling comfortable about just leaning back and enjoying being rich without working. That's something I can relate to. I think here parents' concerns have less to do with the acting itself than with the fact that she will get in touch with showbiz, which they know out of their own experience. I think, as a parent, I'd be concerned as well.

Has anyone else here watched the film yet? I watched about a week ago and I must admit the Sean Penn's character and the handling of him really annoyed me. I know people with outré looks and I'm not exactly conservative looking either (blue hair), none of us have the need to change our appearance for the sake of being grown-up, whole and happy. The film portrayed Cheyenne as someone who others described as a child and Penn went full retard with his acting. I couldn't imagine how this character could have any stage presence at all because he talked in slow-motion.

Eve was one of the few characters that seemed real, I wished they had showed her more in the film to level out all the silliness.

I like "Sunny Day" as well, it's sweet :)

And I really don't think that Eve's parents deny her access to their appartment or money if she needs any. In fact I think Bono's money must have been quite helpful for her to start her own life in New York years ago since I don't believe she was able to live of her own money that quickly. I think her parents might be a bit careful about her bringing friends to their house to hang out there and maybe associate themselves with her family, which I can understand, but surely not about Eve spending time with her family. She seems to be with her mom, dad and her siblings a lot but doesn't talk about it publicly.

I like her attitude, especially what she says about not feeling comfortable about just leaning back and enjoying being rich without working. That's something I can relate to. I think here parents' concerns have less to do with the acting itself than with the fact that she will get in touch with showbiz, which they know out of their own experience. I think, as a parent, I'd be concerned as well.

I meant being allowed to bring friends and hang around in the house without the parents. There are some of my friends that are banned from visiting my parent's places because of stealing and damages though, I won't let those into my home either. :angry:
It's funny that you mentioning those "friends" that want to associate themselves with the family. Paris Hilton went as far as making it a competition for those fans who wanted to be her "friends". A very sickening show. Eve says she's no Paris Hilton so she might hang with more grounded people. :)

She laughs again: "In my family I would never dare to think of being Paris Hilton! And to me that doesn't look like a happy existence -- it's just not who I am."

For this, Eve, I applaud you. A very wise choice-stay the hell away from that sort of lifestyle/notoriety.

She seems like a pretty nice, level-headed girl :). I've not seen this movie yet, but I'll try and keep an eye out for it. I wish her luck with her schooling and acting and such, I hope things do work out well on that front for her. I don't blame her parents at all for being concerned, as stated, I'd be, too. But she seems to know what she's doing.

I am glad Bono and Ali have raised and are continuing raising their children to be normal and not spoil celebrity children. However with that said, I feel pretty damn spoiled considering what my parents will give me when I need help. :reject:

And like many in here, I follow her on twitter, she seems like your normal college age student that enjoys her life and values her friendship and family. Bravo to Bono and Ali for their parenting skills.

The guy who does the vocals for the "Pieces of Sh*t" from the soundtrack is doing a Pledge Music where you can get him to come to your house for a concert or have him write a song about you. I wish I could afford that. I might like that autographed soundtrack, though. Has anyone gotten the disc?

Michael Brunnock: My New Album! | PledgeMusic

There's a very low quality scan of the article also posted on Eve's twitter page. I'd love to read it. Does anyone have the magazine and can post a scan? Eve looks great in the pictures, you can see as much Ali in her as Bono.

Here's the article:

The sweetest thing

She grew up in a house that welcomed everyone from Bill Clinton to Robbie Williams, so it’s no surprise Bono’s daughter Eve Hewson has ambition

Chrissy Iley Published: 1 April 2012

I first met Eve Hewson a few years back. Or, at least, she slunk past me when I was having dinner at her parents Bono and Ali Hewson’s home in Dalkey, south Dublin. It was a high-spirited affair, and we were around a big table in the kitchen. Eve came in the back door and disappeared straight to her bedroom. Ali announced, deadpan: “She wants to be an actress. We’re very worried.”

The next time I see her, it’s on-screen, as a full-on, punkish goth girl in This Must Be the Place. She plays the loyal friend of an eccentric older goth and former rock star, played by Sean Penn. His performance is a little bit Robert Smith from the Cure, a little bit Andy Warhol. Hewson’s character is knowing and nonjudgmental, her performance subtle, and it’s already gaining praise. We meet in a cool Japanese restaurant in Studio City, Los Angeles. Hewson is staying there with her long-standing American boyfriend, the One Tree Hill star James Lafferty, en route to the Sundance Film Festival. The rest of the time she is in New York, studying theatre and child psychology.

Interesting mix. Children of the famous are often troubled. Perhaps they feel they’ll never be as good as their parents, or perhaps they are doomed because they feel overentitled. Hewson, 20, has none of that. She is straight up, focused, shy, but ready to go for it.

“I had an amazing childhood,” she says, as we order spicy tuna on crispy fried rice. She has a pale-pink Irish-rose complexion, with full, pillowy lips and huge, expressive eyes that seem to miss nothing. She looks more like her mother than her father. Her parents insist they have never spoilt their children, as they were always too aware of the pitfalls. “I had a really solid upbringing,” Hewson says. “My childhood friends were nuts. We ran around in costumes making crazy home videos. We lived a fairy tale.”

Her parents are still slightly worried, she says, and didn’t push for this career choice, but her being in a movie with Penn has certainly helped. “My mum was so excited when I got the part. That was the breakthrough: a movie with Sean Penn — things might work out.”

Before this, she was in a music video about an Irish girl pining for home (the Script’s For the First Time) and a movie, The 27 Club, shot in South Carolina. It was about a grieving, messed-up rock star who goes on a trans-American trip. “It was a road movie and I played a hitch-hiker. That’s when I thought, ‘My God, I never want to stop doing this.’ I just love it. I think I’m an introverted extrovert. I only like attention when I don’t deserve it. On birthdays, I used to cry. There is such a pressure to enjoy your birthday that I would always be hiding in my room, crying.”

Bono and his wife Ali Hewson Still, growing up, there must have been famous actors popping by? “Yeah, there were a few,” she says. “I also remember Robbie Williams coming to stay, because that was a really big deal and I was eight and obsessed with him.” He was staying in an annexe to the house, called the Folly. “I had to tell him that lunch was ready. I was so excited, I ran so fast down the steps that I didn’t see him coming. I ran smack into his crotch. I thought it was so funny, I told everyone for a year that I ran into Robbie Williams’s family jewels.”

The Folly has hosted the world’s luminaries, and everyone who stays there signs the bathroom wall; I remember seeing Bill Clinton’s signature. “I used to have sleepovers when I was about 10. My friends would sign the wall with hearts and stars and little drawings.” Presidents and schoolgirls elevated alike.

How does she think her parents have influenced her? “My parents have kept their childhood friends. I want to keep my friends. My roommate in New York has been my friend since I was four. My sister, Jordan, is also in New York, studying French and politics at Columbia. We are Yin and Yang — she’s the uptown girl, I’m the downtown girl.”

Does having parents as famous as hers open doors, or is it a double-edged sword? “I’d never complain. Opportunities wouldn’t come as easily for me if I weren’t in this position, but I’ve way more to prove, which is fine. I’ll work hard and it will all be okay. It does box you in, and I don’t want to be in a box. Sometimes casting directors don’t care and sometimes it’s the only thing they care about. It’s the same with friends. Sometimes it’s easier to make friends, but you can soon tell if they’re friends with you because of who your parents are or whether they are just your friends. It’s easy to tell the difference.”

Does she dread being asked over and over again what it is like having Bono as your dad? “It’s an awful question, because I don’t know any other dad. It’s not going to define who I am for the rest of my life. So what? Who cares?”

Hewson met Lafferty when they were both filming The 27 Club. I’ve read that it is a stormy relationship; that they have broken up and got back together many times. “No. All lies. I think people at magazines get bored and make things up.” In fact, she has been with him solidly for three and a half years.

She smiles brightly at the sound of his name. But she is only 20, so shouldn’t she be having lots of boyfriends? “I don’t want to. My parents met when they were 12 and started dating at 15, so I don’t see anything wrong with being with someone your entire life.”

Until she finishes college, she will stay in New York and get home to Ireland as much as she can. Does she think her parents will stop worrying? “They’re parents. They’ll be fine. Sometimes parents can be too supportive and convince a child they’re the next best thing. That can screw with a person’s head, because they’ll think that everything is going to work out for them — and it won’t. Mine have given me a sense of reality, thank God.”

Thanks Biff for sharing the article! :up: This interview is a great insight into how big of an influence parents have on their children and how they life their live seems to determine how well their children will turn out and the values that they learn from their example. And that Ali and Bono have done a marvellous job!

Thank you so much, biff! :up: I couldn't access the subscriber section of the Sunday Times.

Great and interesting article. Eve seems like a really down-to-earth, seriously dedicated and ambitious girl with a good upbringing. I like how she seems to care about her family's values and tries to live her life according to what she learned from their parents, like sticking to your childhood friends and having long-time relationships. She seems to be very different from other celebrity kids her age.

Back
Top Bottom