Eve's new movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1327203007.jpg

Quote:
Do you see similarities between Sean Penn's aging rocker character and your father?

"I wouldn't say my dad is anything like this character. Very, very different."

Phew, thank God! Anything else would have me quite worried.

:lol:

Why? What's wrong with Sean's character? Yes please spoil this film that I haven't seen yet. I've never seen The Nostril Picker yet but that hasn't stopped me from reading about it, taking notes about it and watching clips from it on Youtube. Mainly because I don't want to spend 1p on a film titled The Nostril Picker.

I really, really, don't like her arrogant look! She is NOBODY apart beeing Bono's daughter... Sean and the director are Bono's friend, otherwise she would never had the role... Much better, unknown actress are waiting to work! Sorry but i don't like privilege!!

Why? What's wrong with Sean's character? Yes please spoil this film that I haven't seen yet. I've never seen The Nostril Picker yet but that hasn't stopped me from reading about it, taking notes about it and watching clips from it on Youtube. Mainly because I don't want to spend 1p on a film titled The Nostril Picker.

No Sean's character is far away from Bono, he is much like a Robert Smith on Prozac! I saw the movie in France...

I know I"m not supposed to egg her on, but

what. the. fuck?

I really, really, don't like her arrogant look! She is NOBODY apart beeing Bono's daughter... Sean and the director are Bono's friend, otherwise she would never had the role... Much better, unknown actress are waiting to work! Sorry but i don't like privilege!!

Your arrogant comment makes me angry beyond belief. Please think before you post. :huh:

How dare you judge a person you don't know anything about? Jealousy?

Have you seen the movie? Have you seen her acting?

And IF Bono helped her with that role, so what? She's a lovely nice lady, pretty and seems to be really nice, I don't see any arrogance. In fact, she seems a bit shy. The pictures are lovely.

I don't know Eve, I only know what's posted on the net, on her twitter and here in the forum, but I would never judge her based on that. I can only say how she appears to me. I hate it when people call other people they don't know names or say they are NOBODYS, that's just rude. Eve's not jumping in front of the cameras like other celebrities who have nothing to offer but scandals. She seems to be quite decent. I'm sure her parents are very protecive about here and being the child of Ali and Bono, she has probably got a very good education. Bono has said himself that his daugthers also work as political activists. Both are studying on university. I don't see them hanging around in night clubs, getting drunk or taking drugs like so many other celebrity kids.

Annie's comments are at least entertaining. :sigh:

Wow, this comment looks like it's taken right out of the Daily Mail. :ohmy:
Have you seen the film? Of what I've read Eve's no Paris Hilton.

Yes i've seen the movie like i've said in my next comment... She's not bad in it but also not great... And ALL i'm saying is that she seems very arrogant in the photos and in general! I've seen her in real life many times and she always seems "pissed off" or something... I don't like it, it's my opinion and i have the right to share it! Everybody here is like "oh everything is marvelous, Bono is great, Eve is beautiful, she acts well" pfffff come on! be objective for god sake! They pulled strings to get her this role! Because of that in Cannes festival, on the festival tv channel, while she was on the red carpet, none of the journalists talked about her, or told who she was... She's been sulked by the profession...

Yes i've seen the movie like i've said in my next comment... She's not bad in it but also not great... And ALL i'm saying is that she seems very arrogant in the photos and in general! I've seen her in real life many times and she always seems "pissed off" or something... I don't like it, it's my opinion and i have the right to share it! Everybody here is like "oh everything is marvelous, Bono is great, Eve is beautiful, she acts well" pfffff come on! be objective for god sake! They pulled strings to get her this role! Because of that in Cannes festival, on the festival tv channel, while she was on the red carpet, none of the journalists talked about her, or told who she was... She's been sulked by the profession...

ya know who's arrogant? Larry! That guy almost never smiles and the few times I've seen him in real life he looks "pissed off". And talk about using your connections to get into the film business... have you seen Man On a Train?

:wink:

ya know who's arrogant? Larry! That guy almost never smiles and the few times I've seen him in real life he looks "pissed off". And talk about using your connections to get into the film business... have you seen Man On a Train?

:wink:

Larry is a ROCKSTAR!! not "the son of"
and i've seen "L'homme du Train" which is the original movie, Man On A Train is its remake, with our national rockstar Johnny Hallyday, whom lend his house to Bono at St Barth....

WTF does all of this have to do with Eve?

:huh:

I hate jealousy. I don't see any "arrogant" behaviour. Unlike many other stars or wanna-be-stars, Eve doesn't seem arrogant to me. In fact, the latest pictures of her on the red carpet in Sundance are quite sweet, especially the one where she's smiling. If anything, I'd say she seems a little insecure and nervous in some of the pictures.

I sometimes read her tweets and have the imprssion that she's quite a nice girl and also quite "ordinary". But since none of us know her personally, we can only guess and we don't know anything.

Ali said in an interview that Eve isn't the kind of girl that desperately tries to persue a movie carreer or wants to become famous. She's studying at university and her parents are quite protective and anxious about her going into showbiz.

If you don't like the movie, that's fine for you, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I loved it, I like weird movies. I very rarely go to the movies because I'm not a movie fan and I'm often disappointed, but I really liked that one. I didn't watch it because of Eve, but because I'm interested in the story and in Sean Penn's character and I think Sean is a great actor.

I'm not jealous at all, i really don't care! It's my impression of her that's all! I prefer her sister, Jordan, who looks less "arrogant" to me, i like her a lot! For me, Eve seems too self confident, or "at ease"... She's unpleasant for me.

And i've loved This Must Be The Place! It's a great movie. Sean is so funny!

You like her a lot? Good to know you know these girls so well.

I don't think anyone can be "too" self confident. In fact, I think she looks a bit insecure and not "at ease" at all.

I don't think it's ok to judge a person you don't know personally just based on some pictures.

You like her a lot? Good to know you know these girls so well.

I don't think anyone can be "too" self confident. In fact, I think she looks a bit insecure and not "at ease" at all.

I don't think it's ok to judge a person you don't know personally just based on some pictures.

That's exactly what you're doing! How do you know if she is that nice? lol... Jordan is looking gentle on photo but who knows? Maybe she's not! Again that's what i am feeling about Eve, watching her public photos... It's only my opinion...
I saw her in real life in the south of france, a couple of times, in a restaurant with her friends, and she always looked bored, sulking... So, I don't know her personaly and maybe she is adorable, sweet etc... but that's not what she shows! If she wants to be a public personality, an "actress", she better pay attention to the image she's giving....

Wow what a nasty and presumptions thing to say about someone you don't know and have never met! :huh: You sound like all the other Bono haters out there!! :angry: I don't understand how you or anyone else, can make such judgements solely by looking at the picture of person?! And find your comments both offensive and ridiculous!! :tsk:

Thank you for the link. I assume that the film Ali believed to be a little handycam production was The 27 Club. Has anyone seen it?
It's on a film-rent web page called Mubi but their whole film catalouge isn't available for all countries. Typical The 27 Club isn't available in my country. :angry:
I prefer to rent films but tried to find it for purchase. Hopeless.
Is it good?

I can't see any trace of arrogance in this interview, she seems excited and nervous. :D

Oh thanks so much for sharing! :up: Ms Hewson seems like a very nice young lady and I think it's so unfair for anyone to condemn or dismiss her purely coz she happens to be Bono's daughter!? :angry:

Sure the fact that she's the daughter of a famous rock star might have helped her get her foot in the door, I'm all for taking advantage of any and every opportunity you might have to get ahead in your chosen profession, (so long as you don't hurt anyone or break any laws!) but that won't sustain her or anyone else for very long if you don't have the talent and professionalism to back it up. As Eve quite rightly said, acting is a very tough profession and I wish her all the best and hope I get the opportunity to see some of her work. :cute:

I know I"m not supposed to egg her on, but

what. the. fuck?

No actually that was a genuine question :huh: I haven't seen the film, and was honestly and truly intrigued as to why Last Unicorn said that she was glad that Bono isn't anything like Sean's character in the film, and why she'd be worried if he was. :| That bit about the Nostril Picker was obviously a joke, but then you'd realise that if you had a sense of humour. You need to stop taking everything so literally.

I do know that you've been talking about me behind my back in the PLEBAN party thread because I read what some of you put last week. Very uncourteous to suggest that I've popped my clogs just because I was taking a break from this silly place for a few days. What with folks persistently refusing to read my post 3 times.

Last Unicorn, thank you. That's the first time you've actually been civil towards me.

nesquick, thank you for answering my question.

Lacey Turner is a fantastic young actress. If anyone can be bothered check her out on a show called EastEnders on YouTube. She won countless awards for her portrayal of Stacey Slatter. She left to pursue other roles. She's a few years older than Eve but Eve doesn't do soaps.

How comes Eve Sounds American? She lives in Dublin

That's exactly what you're doing! How do you know if she is that nice? lol... Jordan is looking gentle on photo but who knows? Maybe she's not! Again that's what i am feeling about Eve, watching her public photos... It's only my opinion...
I saw her in real life in the south of france, a couple of times, in a restaurant with her friends, and she always looked bored, sulking... So, I don't know her personaly and maybe she is adorable, sweet etc... but that's not what she shows! If she wants to be a public personality, an "actress", she better pay attention to the image she's giving....

Bono called his daughters punk rockers once in that book Bono IN Conversation. Maybe they're not into smiling that much, but deep down they are smiling with big cheesy toothy smiles. :D

I've seen pictures of both girls smiling. What does all of that have to do with their character or personality? I hardly ever smile on pictures because I don't like it and I cannot stand it if people are constantly smiling and you can see it's not genuine. I don't see any arrogance in Eve.

And yes, I have been wondering about her American accent, too. She has been living in New York for some time now. Maybe she adapted the accent to sound more American for her movies?! We all know Bono can switch to any accent if he wants to, maybe she's just copying that?! I think it's a shame people start losing their original accent once they live abroad, but I myself have lost most of my original accent one I moved away from home so I'm the last person to blame them. My father is still bothered when he hears me talking.

Perhaps because her character had an American accent? She's an actor. That's what they do, adapt to their character's role.

Ever seen House? Hugh Laurie is 100% British with a heavy British accent. It's not impossible to fake an American accent, he found it rather easy actually.

Back
Top Bottom