Edge: R&R Hall induction 1992

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
One of the folks at the U2 Rec Yahoo group posted this.

This is the induction where Edge inducted The Yardbirds and then jammed along with Jimmy Page, Johnny Cash, Neil Young, Keith Richards, Carlos Santana, John Fogerty... and lest I forget Noel Redding & Mitch Mitchell from the Jimi Hendrix Experience. Wow!

I remember reading that Edge said he felt uncomfortable up there with a stage full of guitar heroes. But I am sure that must have been a surreal moment and an honor to be up there.

"All Along the Watchtower" from the 1992 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction.

Edge is behind Neil Young - wearing a white shirt and playing his 1975 Gibson Les Paul Custom - the one he auctioned in 2007

YouTube - All Along The Watchtower-A tribute to Jimi Hendrix_mpg

:giggle: Everybody keeps trying to get Edge to show off, but he just keeps playing like normal. Go Edge.

Thanks for posting this!

I never seen it before, Edge looks very uncomfortable up there alright, I don't think his guitar was loud enough, he went for a kinda fast strumming solo at the end, which couldn't really be heard,

Haha reminds me of me when I get in a room with so called "guitar sluggers". The ones that try to go all guitar hero on you and I just sit there tinkering with riffs like Edge. He's such an influence on me. I don't get why everyone always picks on Edge?:angry: He's unique, and different. I mean everyone wants to go out there doing some type of guitar solo when they start out. Edge is completely different. Sorry for bringing this up but I needed to spit it out!

He does look uncomfortable there but he doesn't have to worry, he's got his own unique style. Lovin that he brought out the 75 LP Custom.:love: Thanks for the vid Edge_O!

Btw, LilieBe, love that avi.:applaud:

There's a great story about this in "U2 At The End of the World"

According to Edge, one of the stagehands unplugged Edge's guitar to plug in his own.

Edge doesn't even have to solo to be cool, i mean , look at him , everyone is trying to lure him out front.

Back
Top Bottom