Edge in Sept 2009 Guitar World magazine.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Edge in Sept 2009 Guitar World magazine.

It's not a long and indepth feature, that will probably come out once U2 hit U.S. shores (as GW is a U.S. magazine). The article is pretty cool and cover "It Might Get Loud" with Edge, Jimmy Page and Jack White.

GW-Sept_2009-It_Might_Get_Loud.jpg

:hyper::up: It's starting. Hopefully we'll have the usual full guitar magazine features on Edge and one from Bass Player on Adam. :applaud:

I'[d say that somewhere near the U.S. tour the U.S. magazines will do features.... might be one in Total Guitar or The Guitar Magazine (UK) in the near future? We can only hope.

The tour is coming. Nice feeling!

I'd like to go see IMGL, but I cannot stand Jack White. I'll wait till it comes out on DVD so I can fast forward through his parts.

What is not to like about Jack White? I've met him. Nice guy. Good songwriter and guitarist. Great work ethic.

Just wondering what you find so bad about him?
Don't like his music and I saw him in an interview a few years ago and he was acting like an :censored:.

Don't like his music and I saw him in an interview a few years ago and he was acting like an :censored:.

If you don't like his music there's really no argument to make (taste in music being such a subjective and individual thing), but do give him a chance in the movie. Even though I've been a White Stripes fan for many years and also love The Raconteurs, I know Jack is eccentric and may not be to everyone's taste, but my respect for him as a musician and performer went way up after I saw the movie.

I'[d say that somewhere near the U.S. tour the U.S. magazines will do features.... might be one in Total Guitar or The Guitar Magazine (UK) in the near future? We can only hope.

The tour is coming. Nice feeling!

Last time it was TG. :hmm: I HOPE it'll be that one again since I can actually buy that here!

Can't wait for the Bass Player issue with Adam either, I SO hope they're gonna photograph him with the Buzzard. :drool:

Thanks for the heads up eitehr way, I'll try to find this one I think.

You don't like his music. Fair enough. Not everyone will like his music.

As for him as a person, as mentioned, I've met him and he's super nice. He might be a bit eccentric. And that might strike some as being aloof or arrogant. But neither is truly the case.

Their is more about U2 if you look close enough.

In the CD-ROM, there is an interview with Steve Schiltz & Shannon Ferguson from Longwave. Shannon is a HUGE fan of U2 and The Edge and Steve mentions that he got his love of U2 and The Edge through his bandmate.

There is a Kings of Leon article in the same issue. Matthew Followill speaks of expanding his guitar tones after opening for U2 in 2005 and seeing all of the things that The Edge uses and can do with said gear.

I'd like to go see IMGL, but I cannot stand Jack White. I'll wait till it comes out on DVD so I can fast forward through his parts.

That will be a lot of fast forwarding then! The clips are interspersed. And in that, there are times when all three are playing together.

Seems you are taking you hatred of Jack White a bit far? Your right, I suppose.

There is a Kings of Leon article in the same issue. Matthew Followill speaks of expanding his guitar tones after opening for U2 in 2005 and seeing all of the things that The Edge uses and can do with said gear.

Yes Matthew, learn from the best!

Can u guys scan these articles?

I got mine on monday! :drool:

Thing is...I was working and the new magazines came in. I didn't even know we had that magazine and when I saw Edge, I let out a little scream...just about everyone in the store turned around to look at me :reject:

Yes Matthew, learn from the best!

Can u guys scan these articles?

I finally found this magazine at a supermarket in Kuopio and will be scanning it and posting it tomorrow! :yes: It's a great read, by the way, read it during my 'breaks' at work today! :shifty: I only hope this film will become available on dvd coz I doubt if it'll get into the cinema's here in Finland! :sigh:

Totally forgot this magazine, I'm gonna check the store tomorrow for it.:doh:
I really really hope that It Might Get Loud plays here too, I really want to see it , really really bad.

Back
Top Bottom