circa 1986!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonocohtouraction.jpg

This one looks like a Halloween photo. Ghost Bono! Tormented Bono! Yay! :applaud:

:wink:

Now for something different... writing the following from a male's perspective (and yes, guys judge other guys all the time - we just don't say it out loud).

In terms of appearance, while the above picture doesn't work, this era is Bono's best. Not many men pull off long hair (despite the many who try). With the facial stubble, it works on him. I wish I could pull off that look! And one can clearly see the transition from Bono wearing his hair on his forehead until it became so long, he had to comb it back. Once that started, it never stopped.

Sadly, I never thought the Edge looked good until the AB era. I never liked his JT look (or pre-JT look). Just as Bono can pull of long hair, Edge works a goatee. Hence, Edge kicks *ss in the 90's.

Larry always looks good, but the extra muscle he put on during the Elevation era works - kind of "fills him out". I felt that era was one of his highpoints.

I liked Adam's JT through "Pop" eras. Adam's neat style in the JT era was a nice contrast to the long hair, odd clothes and hats of the other members. His funkiness in the AB era was perfect - kind of showcased his "true" self a bit (like when he had the long curly hair). Sadly, I'm not a fan of gray Adam (*runs from PLEBAns) but perhaps that's because I want my U2 looking as young as they can for as long as they can. It might be related to the fact that I'm very close to their ages. :sexywink:

Thank you everyone for these pictures - this is the first PLEBA page I've actually bookmarked.

Thanks for the scans, BC!

Presumably these are from late in the UF tour?

I'd as that those pictures would have to be from UF tour as Bono didn't play that guitar (Fender Lead II) since the end of the UF tour. He used that for A Day Without Me and at times, I Fall Down. Neither were played on the Amnesty dates or the Self Aid show.

bonocohguitar2.jpg

bonocohguitar1.jpg

bonocohguitar3.jpg

doctorwho said:
This one looks like a Halloween photo. Ghost Bono! Tormented Bono! Yay! :applaud:

:wink:

Now for something different... writing the following from a male's perspective (and yes, guys judge other guys all the time - we just don't say it out loud).

In terms of appearance, while the above picture doesn't work, this era is Bono's best. Not many men pull off long hair (despite the many who try). With the facial stubble, it works on him. I wish I could pull off that look! And one can clearly see the transition from Bono wearing his hair on his forehead until it became so long, he had to comb it back. Once that started, it never stopped.

Sadly, I never thought the Edge looked good until the AB era. I never liked his JT look (or pre-JT look). Just as Bono can pull of long hair, Edge works a goatee. Hence, Edge kicks *ss in the 90's.

Larry always looks good, but the extra muscle he put on during the Elevation era works - kind of "fills him out". I felt that era was one of his highpoints.

I liked Adam's JT through "Pop" eras. Adam's neat style in the JT era was a nice contrast to the long hair, odd clothes and hats of the other members. His funkiness in the AB era was perfect - kind of showcased his "true" self a bit (like when he had the long curly hair). Sadly, I'm not a fan of gray Adam (*runs from PLEBAns) but perhaps that's because I want my U2 looking as young as they can for as long as they can. It might be related to the fact that I'm very close to their ages. :sexywink:

Thank you everyone for these pictures - this is the first PLEBA page I've actually bookmarked.

I always love hearing this stuff from guys :up: :heart:

I'd as that those pictures would have to be from UF tour as Bono didn't play that guitar (Fender Lead II) since the end of the UF tour. He used that for A Day Without Me and at times, I Fall Down. Neither were played on the Amnesty dates or the Self Aid show.

bonocohguitar2.jpg

bonocohguitar1.jpg

bonocohguitar3.jpg

Air guitar champion!!!:D

Back
Top Bottom