circa 1986!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonoselfaid1986.jpg

I'm not sure exactly when those are from, they are not identified in the book, but he's got the facial hair thing goin' on there :hmm:

Nice job of scanning that one, my Propaganda book doesn't bend that well. :)

I think there's one other one showing him during a pillow fight, but it's very small and you can barely tell what's going on.

Nice job of scanning that one, my Propaganda book doesn't bend that well. :)

I think there's one other one showing him during a pillow fight, but it's very small and you can barely tell what's going on.

Yeah I scanned that one too... I haven't looked at how it will look here, but I know I couldn't make out a thing with my eyes straight from the book. :lol: I'll post it in a moment, let's see what we get...

There was another, but I just scanned the part I thought I could see Bono in... could be totally wrong though!

COHpillowfightflight.jpg

Thanks for the scans, BC!

Presumably those are from late in the UF tour?

Yeah, those shots of Bono on stage with the hat and guitar are from the bands Croke Park gig in 85 at the end of TUF tour.

Some of these photo's are great, many I've never seen before and that era from 84-89 is probably my absolute favourite.

U2 and I is a brilliant book for photo's around the mid-late eighties as Anton documented so much of the guys during this period.

Yeah, those shots of Bono on stage with the hat and guitar are from the bands Croke Park gig in 85 at the end of TUF tour.

Some of these photo's are great, many I've never seen before and that era from 84-89 is probably my absolute favourite.

U2 and I is a brilliant book for photo's around the mid-late eighties as Anton documented so much of the guys during this period.

A question for you DevilsShoes (or anyone else that might know.) The photo of Bono in your avatar is one I've always liked a lot. I was wondering if you know where or exactly when it was taken. Thanks!
(And thanks for the info on the Croke Park photos :)

BonoHatWayfarers.jpg

A question for you DevilsShoes (or anyone else that might know.) The photo of Bono in your avatar is one I've always liked a lot. I was wondering if you know where or exactly when it was taken. Thanks!
(And thanks for the info on the Croke Park photos :)

BonoHatWayfarers.jpg

Hey Bonocomet :wave:

Sadly I don't know much about it either :( a shame because I really like this photo too and would also like to know more.

I have no idea exactly where it was taken but I would say it dates from 1989 sometime before the Lovetown tour. I think it has to be around the R&H era because Bono's looking much more like the stereotypical rock star in this picture, a look he had obviously developed a certain liking for.

If you take a look at some of the pictures from around 89 and particuarly the Desire video, you can see Bono smoking much more as well as wearing his shades and leather jacket more often, so it would seem logical that it was taken around this period.

Its definitely a break-away from the JT era and kind of pre-empts the image of The Fly he would adopt during ZOO TV.

Well those are my 2 cents but I'm sure there's someone around who could give us some more definite details.

Hey Bonocomet :wave:

Sadly I don't know much about it either :( a shame because I really like this photo too and would also like to know more.

I have no idea exactly where it was taken but I would say it dates from 1989 sometime before the Lovetown tour. I think it has to be around the R&H era because Bono's looking much more like the stereotypical rock star in this picture, a look he had obviously developed a certain liking for.

If you take a look at some of the pictures from around 89 and particuarly the Desire video, you can see Bono smoking much more as well as wearing his shades and leather jacket more often, so it would seem logical that it was taken around this period.

Its definitely a break-away from the JT era and kind of pre-empts the image of The Fly he would adopt during ZOO TV.

Well those are my 2 cents but I'm sure there's someone around who could give us some more definite details.

Thanks DevilsShoes. It is a very interesting photo isn't it. The other thing about it is that he is wearing the RayBan Wayfarers, something which in almost all other photos he wore only the COH Tour. But the huge earring and hat, definitely more Lovetown like you said. Great photo anyways, and thanks again :wave:

Back
Top Bottom