Bono's Scarf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i just pre-ordered the scarf!!!! :D :D :D and i live in Honduras LOL

i had a pair of jeans, bought 'em in 06, and they also had Rilke's poem on the inside pocket, but i gained weight and had to toss 'em, i wanna buy those with the zipper, but i can't find them :S

Well I broke down and ordered a scarf and a few tops. Thanks for the code it does work! It all was a good deal with the free shipping and the 20% off!

I don't mean this in any sort of crass way and certainly hope I don't offend, but y'all must make a helluva lot more money than I do! :slant: I like the stuff alright but would not spend what they're asking for some pretty basic fashions (which I'm sure are very well made). But it's not just EDUN. I feel that about pretty much any designer. I'm just a cheapskate I guess :shrug:

Don't worry you don't offend :hug: in fact you are one of the most non-offensive people I've ever met :sexywink: (I hope that didn't offend :ohmy: )
Anyways... I don't make much money myself, but I will splurge once in a while for something that is worth it to me. Normally, no I would never pay $50 for a scarf, but I have wanted that one for a long time, and I only owned one other scarf before this Christmas.
Also the few Edun clothes I own (which were also rare treats for me) ARE made better, and feel nicer than anything else I have ever bought cheaper. I have a hoodie that I have lived in for a couple years now. Everything about it is NICE. And the only reason my husband has a few Edun t-shirts is because you can find Edun stuff really cheap sometimes at Nordstrom Rack. :shifty:
Anyways... there ya go :wave:

I know how you feel on that. I think it is insane to pay a lot of money on jeans just because they have a designer label on them. I will buy Edun though, because I like how the clothes are made.

I don't mean this in any sort of crass way and certainly hope I don't offend, but y'all must make a helluva lot more money than I do! :slant: I like the stuff alright but would not spend what they're asking for some pretty basic fashions (which I'm sure are very well made). But it's not just EDUN. I feel that about pretty much any designer. I'm just a cheapskate I guess :shrug:

You're not offending. I don't make much anyway since I'm just a student, but I really rarely buy clothes. In my opinion, when my clothes are still good, I do not need new ones, so I won't buy them. Same with shoes. So yea, I think in that mindset I should allow myself to buy something I really want once a year or so. The only scarf I have is a Gap (red) one I got for christmas from a very lovely PLEBAn:)flirt: ).. and it's.. two years old or so. I need a new one, and yea, I've loved this one from the moment I saw it.

Well I can say that the jeans on sale at Edun at the moment, and namely the pair I just purchased, are no more expensive than the price of a pair of Levis here in Finland! And even more so when I got the extra discount!! :yes:

I too don't normally fork out so much for clothes coz I'm not exactly rolling in money either, but as I said, I've been wanting a pair of jeans with the poem in the pocket for ages! :drool:

Also there's a moral aspect when buying clothes from Edun, you know that the people making the clothes are getting a decent wage, have good working conditions! :up:

We also have a saying here in Finland that "the poor can't afford to buy cheaply"! :wink:

I think I'm going to get another pair of jeans. I love them and they are so comfortable.

I tried tracking the scarf and it keeps coming up as "UPS could not track this package". :|

Can anyone else track theirs? I ordered it on Friday when there were still plenty in stock so it's not like it's backordered....

I just got the shipping email from UPS. They shipped it today. I live about an hour from Linden, NJ, where the warehouse is and should get it by tomorrow.

I had emailed Edun to ask about the shipping and I got an email today saying they have been closed for the Chinese New Year but are now open, and we should see tracking info by tonight or tomorrow :)

I got mine today! :yippie: It is so beautiful. I love it.

Yay! I cant wait to receive mine! Is the material thick or thin? In some of the pics of Bono wearing it at the Inauguration, it almost looked like it was a little see-through...or maybe that was my imagination :hmm:

It is in between. It's not real thick, but you can't see through it. Let me take apic real quick and I'll post it.

Here it is laying on my bed.

002.jpg

003.jpg

It is kinda long, so I couldn't get the whole thing in one shot.

I can't wait to wear it, but the weather in Jersey is rainy and snowy and I don't want to ruin it.

Back
Top Bottom