Bono's Scarf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think the scarf is going to be shiny. The photos they are using for the black scarf are just the photos of the white one that have been photoshopped to black, and what looks shiny in that pic is just the result of that. It says these are 100% cotton and there is also a closeup on the site of the black material and it isn't shiny. Looks like they wanted to get it up for sale faster this way instead of waiting for new pics to be taken as the Edun representative stated in that email. :)

^ I agree, being it's 100 % cotton it's doubtful if the material is as shiny as it seems in the pic. :shrug: I mean in all the pics I've seen of Bono with this scarf, never has it looked like it was made of a shiny material, although I suspect Bono wouldn't have minded!! :wink:

I'd love to have the scarf, but not even $50 is doable for me. I find that pricey for a piece oforganic cotton with the poem and Edun's label on it. :down:

$50.00 is quite a lot for a scarf when you can buy them for $10.00 but the materials are really good, the color will not fade, they never get bally and you will have it for years holding up just as good as the first day you see it. I know I sound like and advertisement but its true! I have had Edun clothes since they company came out and I can still wear my first pair of jeans (have them on today) and they fit - look - I get compliments as if they were new. If you like it, and will use it try one! :hug:

Where do you guys order it? On the Edun website I can only find the white one for 70!:(

I found a link for it but there are none left to be shipped to GB. :sad: http://www.edunonline.com/product.aspx?id=438

I'll try Netherlands for you. :kiss: *Goes to try *Sorry GG i changed the location in the link i posted above. Looks like Europe has none left. :angry::sigh:

Maybe email edun and ask if they are getting anymore in stock. :hug: It was €50 though.:ohmy: Here that is £50. So unfair when $50 converted to sterling is about £36. Ripped off in Europe again. :sigh:

I was thinking the same thing coz $50 is about €40, so the US buyers are getting a better deal! :shrug:

As usual. :crack: That's so bloody unfair, since it costs the same price to manufacture them, still we get screwed when buying!

There's one EDUN store here in Amsterdam, but I'm not sure wether these scarves are available instore yet. Perhaps I can go check after class somewhere next week or the week after, since I study in Amsterdam anyway.

As usual. :crack: That's so bloody unfair, since it costs the same price to manufacture them, still we get screwed when buying!

There's one EDUN store here in Amsterdam, but I'm not sure wether these scarves are available instore yet. Perhaps I can go check after class somewhere next week or the week after, since I study in Amsterdam anyway.

Yep screwed. :lol:

Good luck at the Amsterdam store. :up: I could have sworn that some of the UK Selfridges/Harvey Nicks stores sold Edun now the listings have gone of the website apart from a mens department in London. :grumpy::scratch:

I don't think the scarf is going to be shiny. The photos they are using for the black scarf are just the photos of the white one that have been photoshopped to black, and what looks shiny in that pic is just the result of that. It says these are 100% cotton and there is also a closeup on the site of the black material and it isn't shiny. Looks like they wanted to get it up for sale faster this way instead of waiting for new pics to be taken as the Edun representative stated in that email. :)

You might be right, thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering about the cotton thing, because it didn't look like 100% cotton to me on the pictures. Does anyone already have the scarf or the right one and can say something about the material and how it feels like? The design is pretty.

Hi all,

Since the economy is crap and life is expensive, I wanted to pass along a tidbit for the Edun online store...

the code WA2008 seems to work for a 20% discount on your order. For the black scarf, all that means is it basically cancels out the shipping and tax charges.

Cheers!

^ Thanks for the tip, I might try that next time I buy something! :hmm:

$50.00 is quite a lot for a scarf when you can buy them for $10.00 but the materials are really good, the color will not fade, they never get bally and you will have it for years holding up just as good as the first day you see it. I know I sound like and advertisement but its true! I have had Edun clothes since they company came out and I can still wear my first pair of jeans (have them on today) and they fit - look - I get compliments as if they were new. If you like it, and will use it try one! :hug:

Hey, Kassandra! :wave: I've been thinking about buying a pair of Edun jeans but been wondering about how long the legs are? :hmm: Coz being only 5 ft 6'' I don't want to buy jeans that have overly long legs! :wink:

Hi all,

Since the economy is crap and life is expensive, I wanted to pass along a tidbit for the Edun online store...

the code WA2008 seems to work for a 20% discount on your order. For the black scarf, all that means is it basically cancels out the shipping and tax charges.

Cheers!

COOOL! I know I'll be using that discount!..There is something else I want :)

^ Thanks for the tip, I might try that next time I buy something! :hmm:

Hey, Kassandra! :wave: I've been thinking about buying a pair of Edun jeans but been wondering about how long the legs are? :hmm: Coz being only 5 ft 6'' I don't want to buy jeans that have overly long legs! :wink:

:wave: HC, the jeans are not tremendously long. I am 5'6' as well and I wear a 2' heel most of the time. That works perfect. If I wear a flat shoe or sandal the back drags a bit. The newer jeans seem to be a bit longer, but so far I haven't had to shorten them. Hope that helps!

How do Edun jeans run in sizing? Do they run large or small or tts? :hmm: And yeah I think I'd have to get hemmed too, I always have to tailor all my jeans :angry:

My mom and I both ordered one. Can't wait to get it. It does look a little different to me than the one Bono was wearing, but hopefully it is the same. Either way, I :heart: it!

Thanks Erik I got mine today and one as my boyfriend's present

I'd like to see somebody at the next u2 concert in Rome with this scarf!!!! Even if it is in July with 40 C degrees, it's too funny this "everybody wants the scarf thing"
And I like that many people I don't know around the world are wearing it :)

:wave: HC, the jeans are not tremendously long. I am 5'6' as well and I wear a 2' heel most of the time. That works perfect. If I wear a flat shoe or sandal the back drags a bit. The newer jeans seem to be a bit longer, but so far I haven't had to shorten them. Hope that helps!

Thanks so much for the info Kassadra! I too always wear least 2'' heels when wearing jeans so I just ordered a pair of Edun jeans! I couldn't resist!!

Blacknight.jpg

It's the jeans with the Rilke poem in the pocket, I've wanted a pair ever since I saw Bono wearing them, although these are black but I figured they'd go better with the other three Edun pieces I've just purchased. They also have zips at the ankle ala Bono jeans! :sexywink:

Also the mysterious discount code that lizmindel gave us, actually worked! :ohmy: Which means not only did I get 50 % off the original price, coz these jeans were on sale, but also an extra €19!! :hyper: So thanks again lizmindel for the great tip!!! :bow:

^ I'm 5' 5" and they are tremendously long. I do love the fabric of them, they're really very soft.

I just ordered my scarf...its on backorder already! :angry:

I actually checked out the length of the jeans and the inside leg length in all sizes is 85 cm and 84 cm is usually is the length of leg I like to wear, so one inch more won't make that much difference.:wink:

Hope you won't have to wait too long to get the scarf!? :up: Edun either obviously didn't expect the scarf to in such demand or they just didn't have enough in stock! :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom