Bono's in LA.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so....... how about a meet-up or a plan to catch Bono/Edge as they are coming in/out? Any ideas? Also, there will be an after-party at the Roosevelt Hotel, which is a couple of blocks away. The people who buy $1,000 tickets get in. I found out there is no press conference at the event, which means not a lot of celebrity mingling, which means that as soon as it's over they will probably leave or head to the after-party. Finally, the gala, the part that includes all the pro performances and awards, won't start until after 6:30 p.m. I found out the competetion between young musicians will start at 5 and go till 6:15, and then there will be an intermission.

We mneed a plan.

ok so can someone please tell me the best way to try to meet Bono/Edge? I can't even believe I'm actually talking about this.....

and the event on my tix says it starts at 5 P.M.....so there's random young artists from 5 to 6:15 and then intermission, then the bigger names start performing at around 6:30? then when this ends they all head off to a party at the Roosevelt Hotel?

Am I understanding this correctly? Thanks :wave:

Wow, Ro33, congrats for getting tickets! Have a great time!

I really really hope Bono and Edge will not only give out the awards but also PERFORM. Please, I want to hear them play music again!!!!

Ok. Everybody is with everybody. How about one of you socal people give me a meeting place and a time?:hmm:

ok so can someone please tell me the best way to try to meet Bono/Edge? I can't even believe I'm actually talking about this.....

and the event on my tix says it starts at 5 P.M.....so there's random young artists from 5 to 6:15 and then intermission, then the bigger names start performing at around 6:30? then when this ends they all head off to a party at the Roosevelt Hotel?

Am I understanding this correctly? Thanks :wave:

Hey Rob, we might meet again. :)

Wow, Ro33, congrats for getting tickets! Have a great time!

I really really hope Bono and Edge will not only give out the awards but also PERFORM. Please, I want to hear them play music again!!!!

haha, thanks! Yeah I'm really excited...I thought I read somewhere that they were going to perform "When Love Comes to Town" ? Either way, surely they're going to perform something...right? That would be very disappointing if they didn't. :hmm:

Hey Rob, we might meet again. :)

hey RedRocks :wave:

I can't remember, were you at the U23D showing at the Bridge theater? I can't remember which day exactly...it was either Friday or Saturday...whichever one Martha went to is the one I was at...I'm pretty sure I sat 2 seats to the right of her :hmm:

Carlos was indeed at the Bridge that Friday night. Maddy & I sat next to him, to the right. He keeps thinking he met you, but I don't think you made yourself known that night :shifty: :shrug:

so in order to meet bono/edge, should we try to get there early? or are our best chances after it all ends?

Hi there all you wonderful, beautiful ladies,

I have been reading this thread and have been really touched. Please don't be sad :depressed:. You'll meet them one day, I know you will! I personally guarrantee it. :)

Just 'don't stop believing' and 'keep the faith' and lots of other non-U2 lyrics like that (sorry I'm not exclusive!) and it'll happen. Of course it will. One day.

Sweet dreams! :heart:

YES! Dreams come true people they do!

Get there early scope everything out, make sure you have the right entrances and exits and look for Brian/John. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom