Bono's in LA.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going too! Now I just need Bonofox to rescue me here so I can facilitate things! :shifty:

(I am constantly repeating to myself "I love adventure...I love adventure...I do, I do, I do!)

See you there, Comet and Fox!

Cecy - :help: !!!!!

and Romi! We should do a meet up:)

Update from @u2.com

Update: Bono and Edge were at the party last night, which was hosted by Elevation Partners, and might have doubled as the company's annual meeting (which has happened in October in past years). @U2 reader Roman G., who also writes for the Contra Costa Times and Oakland Tribune spoke to the restaurant owner, who said, "It was fascinating. It was wild." Now you know!

Oh, well, oops! Someone already posted it!

I understand what you're saying Last Unicorn. I guess I just have a problem with the fact that ALL the events in the US either happen in California, or New York. I'm just a little bitter and jealous of the fans that see them over and over. I've been a fan for over 11 years now and I have been to 7 concerts, met Bono once (briefly) and have attended one Bono event. I am blessed for what I have gotten...don't get me wrong. I would just really like to have a chance to have fun with other fans, especially PLEBANS. I get sad reading this thread, because it will never happen, seeing as though I'm in the southeast, in a state that U2 rarely comes to, South Carolina.

I'll be quiet now. :reject:

It's not everyone, I live in NY pretty close to NYC and have yet to see them outside of performing. I am hoping though one day :wink:

I live in Central Europe, they never come here, except for concerts, and very rarely Bono is seen around here when he's doing his campaigning. I've always envied US fans. OK, we can go to Ireland, but it's also not just "around the corner".

Hey central Europe is probably closer to Dublin than most places in the USA are to NYC, Chicago, or so Cal! :) Last U2 thing I went to besides our honeymoon we drove 9 hours each way through snowstorms. Pittsburgh was 12 hours each way, seeing Bono at University of Nebraska was 12 hours (had to stop somewhere in Iowa out of the way). Really no one's any better off living in the US unless you live in/near NYC or LA.

I understand what you're saying Last Unicorn. I guess I just have a problem with the fact that ALL the events in the US either happen in California, or New York. I'm just a little bitter and jealous of the fans that see them over and over. I've been a fan for over 11 years now and I have been to 7 concerts, met Bono once (briefly) and have attended one Bono event. I am blessed for what I have gotten...don't get me wrong. I would just really like to have a chance to have fun with other fans, especially PLEBANS. I get sad reading this thread, because it will never happen, seeing as though I'm in the southeast, in a state that U2 rarely comes to, South Carolina.

I know how you feel. I also live in a state that U2 doesn't come to. It kinda makes me mad that people in New York and L.A. just get to say, "Hey, let's go see *insert famous person or awesome concert*!" and then go do it like it's no big deal. :| I have absolutely no idea what it's like to meet someone famous and I've only been to one "real" concert (and it wasn't U2).

OK, rant over.

Awww, yes, you're probably right, but it seems Bono spends most of his time in NY, he hasn't been in Dublin this much this year. I just wish he'd come to other European cities as much as he comes to NY or LA. And it would also be nice if he'd stay for some time. He could stay with me, I have some room in my apt. :giggle:

Hey mate, at least you're not living in Australia. We get left off concert schedules (and if the dollar keeps collapsing compared to the US dollar, we may get dropped from the next tour as well :mad: ). I at least comfort myself that I don't live in Asia, where U2 NEVER TOUR - "world tour" my arse....

To those in the far ODD places (hehe),

Living near LA does have it perks but not always. I've missed out on alot of things in life. Til I decided life is to short to wait for things to come to me or my area. I've struggle and strived to make those moments in life happen for me. And they are moments I will NEVER forget. (I've done 24hr trips to see U2 w No hotel and went to work the next day. DYING but worth it! Its always hard but in the end... worth it)

What Iam trying to say... do all you can.. and don't give up HOPE! You never know!

You keep on ranting.. you have every right =)

-DD*
that is my two cents :D

ps my recycling helps my U2 fund lol

Hey mate, at least you're not living in Australia. We get left off concert schedules (and if the dollar keeps collapsing compared to the US dollar, we may get dropped from the next tour as well :mad: ). I at least comfort myself that I don't live in Asia, where U2 NEVER TOUR - "world tour" my arse....

Well, even with Australia being part of the tour schedule, it does not make it a WORLD tour.

As previously mentioned... Bono has been in LA since Saturday. I have a confirmed sighting of him yesterday in Century City (in LA). I've been told that The Edge is in town too.

Kings of Leon are playing tonight at the Nokia Theater in LA. I have pretty great tickets; up close.

As U2 are friendly with KOL... perhaps Bono and/or The Edge will attend?

Hopefully, I will have a fun picture and a good story for tomorrow.

Time will tell.

Either way, the show should be great.
Yeah, I hope there's a hopeful:applaud: story. Not politically oriented. I'm sick of politics.

I don't post much, but I thought I'd join the Complaining Brigade.

I grew up in L.A. and now live in Europe where I work as a reporter. I go to L.A., NYC and London all the time and have never managed to meet them in either city. I didnmeet the band a couple of times in front of their Paris hotel and they were super nice (especially Adam). Bono was glad to meet a journalist who actually was fan enough to hang out in front of the hotel. Sadly, I didn't have time to explain to him that despite working for the biggest newspaper group in the world and interviewed practically every single rock and movie star, I have never managed to obtain a single interview with U2, not even over the phone.
I'm just very disappointed. I actually wanted to become a journalist to meet U2!! I'm extrememy grateful to have such a

oops didn't finish..
... great job, but I really, really am upset that all my interview requests over the past 10 years have been rejected. And on what basis?! I don't work for a tabloid but a major international daily.

OK, I better get back to work and stop complaining. But I sure hope someone from the U2 camp is reading this. :huh:

OK, I better get back to work and stop complaining. But I sure hope someone from the U2 camp is reading this. :huh:

Err, I don't think so.

Anyway, welcome! And don't be sad, one day you'll have the chance to do an interview with them. There are many journalists out there you are still waiting to interview them, and even more fans who want to do so.

Yeah, I know, they're not reading. Wishful thinking on my behalf.

At least I got to see them performing at the Cannes Film Festival last year!

One of my colleagues attended a press conference a couple of months ago where, amongst other luminaries, were Bob Geldof and Bono. (She didn't even want to go, she later told me!) She was also offered a brief interview with Bob or Bono, and she chose Bob cos she "can't stand" Bono. Oh man!! "Oh, you like Bono? If I'd known, I would have asked you to go instead." Faraway, so close...

:hug: Sirena. that is really too bad. But it's great to love what you do. Must be a wonderfully gratifying job, and if you work and plan for it, a meeting may happen in the future, you never know!

WELCOME, and do visit often. There's a lot of fun to be had here.:drool:

Relax, at least you have seen and met them and talked to them, that's more than many others have.

:doh: about the press conference indeed! I can't understand how you can chose Bob over Bono. Though I like both of them, it would be easy to make my choice here.

And Cannes performance sounds cool!

Thanks everyone!

Yeah, I'm very grateful for my job (or any job, in this current economic crisis!) and I do appreciate the fact that I've seen and met them. But maybe if I plan well, I'll manage to obtain that elusive interview!

Cannes was indeed cool. We only saw 55 minutes of U23D (wasn't finished yet) and the screening was like a concert - with the band in the audience too! Bono and Adam were supposed to take part in a press conference that afternoon with Catherine Owens and the producer, but their flight from Dublin was delayed.

Hi there all you wonderful, beautiful ladies,

I have been reading this thread and have been really touched. Please don't be sad :depressed:. You'll meet them one day, I know you will! I personally guarrantee it. :)

Just 'don't stop believing' and 'keep the faith' and lots of other non-U2 lyrics like that (sorry I'm not exclusive!) and it'll happen. Of course it will. One day.

Sweet dreams! :heart:

I know how you feel. I also live in a state that U2 doesn't come to. It kinda makes me mad that people in New York and L.A. just get to say, "Hey, let's go see *insert famous person or awesome concert*!" and then go do it like it's no big deal. :| I have absolutely no idea what it's like to meet someone famous and I've only been to one "real" concert (and it wasn't U2).

OK, rant over.

There's that factor, and then there is the fact that there are so many people out there who just happen to be at the right place at the right time...that don't even WANT to meet the band/Bono. That kind of stuff makes me furious. Like..."oh yeah, I just met Bono, but he's a wanker" or some crap like that. I have issues. Like I said, I'm grateful for what I have experienced. I really just get so jealous of some people. :angry:

Hi there all you wonderful, beautiful ladies,

I have been reading this thread and have been really touched. Please don't be sad :depressed:. You'll meet them one day, I know you will! I personally guarrantee it. :)

Just 'don't stop believing' and 'keep the faith' and lots of other non-U2 lyrics like that (sorry I'm not exclusive!) and it'll happen. Of course it will. One day.

Sweet dreams! :heart:

Thanks John! That's sweet. I know that I'll have a big Bono moment one day. :D I just get sad because some people have repeated Bono moments...without me. :|

I hope U2 comes to Maryland on their next tour. They have only been here once, at the First Mariner Arena, in Baltimore City. People are friendly and we don't have the paparazzi. Plus, our harbor has some beautiful ships. I think the band would enjoy seeing them. And also, some great resturants, where they could have their dinner in peace.

Just keep positive thoughts everyone. You'll get your chance. I met Edge in 05 in Boston and he was that was the first time I met anyone in the band. Then I was lucky to get picked by U2.com to go to the U2 by U2 booksigning and then a year later met Bono in Philly. I never thought that I would meet Bono and I have twice. Just stay positive.:up:

Back
Top Bottom