Bono's Height-SOLVED!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2_Jackie

Refugee
This is a measurement book from U2's stylists thats on a music auction site
https://www.gottahaverockandroll.com/Catalog.aspx?searchby=3&searchvalue=U2
and here are the pics!: (He's 5ft 7"!!) [which makes sense, because i took a picture with the Black eyed peas guitar player and he was taller than me and I'm 5ft 6.5" and I just watched a video from when u2 played the rock and roll hall of fame 25th anniversary show, and when the black eyed peas came on stage and Bono was next to the guitar player, Bono was only a little bit shorter than him! Bono's height mystery is solved!!!!]
gottahaveit-332_med.jpeg

gottahaveit-331_lg.jpeg

gottahaveit-333_med.jpeg

from the site:

This leather bound measurement book was used by U2's stylist Lola Cashman to record the measurements of Bono and the rest of the band, as well as other entertainment artists such as George Michael and the members of his band. The detailed measurements have been meticulously handwritten. This measurement book comes directly from the collection Ms. Cashman, who was U2's stylist throughout the 1990's. She is also the author of the book, "Inside the Zoo with U2.".

^ I havent had a chance to look at all the autions! WHOA! that is too much information!!

I KNEW IT WAS LOLA'S STUFF!! I glad the funds are going to charity though!

Bono and Edge had the same waist and chest size?? :hmm:

Shoe size :giggle: :evil:
yeah thanks for the link!
I CAN'T BELIEVE WE FINALLY KNOW THE REAL HEIGHT OF BONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: lol this is awesome, now I know for a fact he isn't a short person, he's taller than me!!

lol I'm excited now....now to go spread the news to the world wide interweb!!!! Bono is not that short!!! :hyper: :D

Maybe 5'7" with shoes on.
5'7" barefoot would mean at least 5'9" in Creepers e there's absolutely no way Bono is that tall.
To me he's 5'5%, 5'5.5" tops.
Same height with 5'5" Sarkozy:
82951762.jpg
nahh this lady was a professional stylist, whenever i was fitted for things i had to take my shoes off

5'7" barefoot would mean at least 5'9" in Creepers e there's absolutely no way Bono is that tall.
82951762.jpg

Besides what the others have said, these were measurements from the 90's, and he didn't wear Creepers back then.

Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund, The Roger Clemens Foundation, VH1's "Save the Music," Muscular Dystrophy, y Long Island Jewish Hospital's Children's Medical Fund.

Nice. :up: Good to see her doing something decent, for a change.

nahh this lady was a professional stylist, whenever i was fitted for things i had to take my shoes off

Yeah, that's true.

I don't want to downgrade my hero, but judging by all Bono's pics 5'7" it's hard to believe (it's just my opinion, I could be wrong ;) )

Look at this: http://tinyurl.com/y9bqkwz

Bono (in "platform")) is way shorter than Helena Christensen (5'10") and a bit taller than Penelope Cruz (5'3" - 5'4"), both barefoot.

If you get a chance clone one for me :hyper:

I should do it, to make money for next leg. ;)

Yeah, that's true.

I don't want to downgrade my hero, but judging by all Bono's pics 5'7" it's hard to believe (it's just my opinion, I could be wrong ;) )

Look at this: http://tinyurl.com/y9bqkwz

Bono (in "platform")) is way shorter than Helena Christensen (5'10") and a bit taller than Penelope Cruz (5'3" - 5'4"), both barefoot.

So if Cruz is 5'4" and she comes up to the top of his glasses/the bottom of his forehead, add on another 5 inches to the top of his head, then subtract two inches for his godawful platform sandals, you end up with 5'7". Math FTW. :)

I also find it hard to believe he is 5'7". I was outside the Ed Sullivan Theater last year when U2 was performing on Letterman all week. Bono was signing autographs and I was about a foot away from him. I'm 5'8", and I was very much taller than him. He's got to be 5'6" tops.

:ohmy: SERIOUISLY?!

Damn, he's got some small feet! Which means I can add one more to my disproved myths list :shifty:

I don't know if I'm missing something...is this legit? :hmm:

Edit: Never mind, I just actually read the description :doh:

82951762.jpg

Have you ever met Bono face to face? No, well I have and I'm 5'5' in he was definitely taller than me and I was wearing 1 inch heels too! :yes:

I always knew that Bono had to be around 5'7' or 5'8' and now we have the proof! :applaud:

5'7 makes sense to me, it isn't exactly tall, but he isn't a dwarf, either.

Anyway, what a funny topic :lol:

Tiny feet, I just knew it!

Back
Top Bottom