Bono's Height-SOLVED!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I definitely go by the "must be taller than me" rule. Which qualifies Bono! (Of course, a guy who's shorter than me is most likely only 8 years old...:shifty:)

I love Fun Size Bono! Anybody remember the Polly Pocket toys? How about Pocket Bono? :giggle:

As tall as Adam and Edge. :wink: So yeah, I like my men taller than me, so Bono and Larry are pretty much out of the picture there.

:shifty: Though I'd still make an exception for PopBono, ofcourse.

Good choice , good choice :shifty: Your really tall then actually.
I thin I might even be smaller than Bono.
So , anyway, perfect size for me :wink:

lol i never knew that I could create a thread thats lasted 12pages! thats a new record for me!! :lol::wink:

As tall as Adam and Edge. :wink: So yeah, I like my men taller than me, so Bono and Larry are pretty much out of the picture there.

:shifty: Though I'd still make an exception for PopBono, ofcourse.

Since we're dragging on this thread.... how tall or Adam and Edge?? they don't seem all that much taller than Bono.
I thought you might be a lot taller, being dutch lol.
I'm more like 5'10" (1.79m),and had the feeling you were about the same..

Since we're dragging on this thread.... how tall or Adam and Edge?? they don't seem all that much taller than Bono.
I thought you might be a lot taller, being dutch lol.
I'm more like 5'10" (1.79m),and had the feeling you were about the same..

They're both listed as 5'10", which is 1.75m(5ft=1.5m, 10in=25cm). I'm 1.74 so roughly the same. Daaamn you're tall for a Belgian! :lol: I'm rather short for a Dutchie, ah well, I was supposed to grow till 1.80m according to the doctors but that never happened.

They're both listed as 5'10", which is 1.75m(5ft=1.5m, 10in=25cm). I'm 1.74 so roughly the same. Daaamn you're tall for a Belgian! :lol: I'm rather short for a Dutchie, ah well, I was supposed to grow till 1.80m according to the doctors but that never happened.

My impression of these online converters is that they have all different outcomes. I found 5'10" to be 178cm (also the same as in the Helena link above).
174cm is not bad though, and there are more tall Belgians :lol: And it's not always a blessing for a girl to be tall. I have no complaints other then usually having too short sleeves (no Bono sleeves for me :( )
My daughter is about 187cm and is having even more trouble... finding trousers in the right length..She doesn't really like being that tall.
Not to mention it's not easy finding an even taller guy :lol:
I guess it's all my fault for creating such giants lol, my youngest son is even taller than her..

That's why I don't use online converters. :wink: A foot is 30.4cm, an inch 2.54cm. :) I just calculate it myself.

Wow, 1.87? :crack: That's insanely tall! Good luck finding a guy yeah! :lol: I want a guy taller than me, luckily most Dutch guys are at least 1.80!

Lol you produce Giant kids!

That's why I don't use online converters. :wink: A foot is 30.4cm, an inch 2.54cm. :) I just calculate it myself.

Wow, 1.87? :crack: That's insanely tall! Good luck finding a guy yeah! :lol: I want a guy taller than me, luckily most Dutch guys are at least 1.80!

Lol you produce Giant kids!
The last guy I had was a least 15 cm taller than me :lol: Most of them are tall indeed.
I Don't really care bout length tough. As long as they are not dwarfs I'm happy.
I don't want Leprechauns.:wink:

Well yeah, I don't mind it if we're roughly the same height. But if a guy's a head taller? That looks ridiculous and I wouldn't feel comfortable with it.

I didn't feel either, so thats probably one reason why it didn't work out :down: :reject:

My impression of these online converters is that they have all different outcomes. I found 5'10" to be 178cm (also the same as in the Helena link above).
174cm is not bad though, and there are more tall Belgians :lol: And it's not always a blessing for a girl to be tall. I have no complaints other then usually having too short sleeves (no Bono sleeves for me :( )
My daughter is about 187cm and is having even more trouble... finding trousers in the right length..She doesn't really like being that tall.
Not to mention it's not easy finding an even taller guy :lol:
I guess it's all my fault for creating such giants lol, my youngest son is even taller than her..

well i'm belgian and am 5'9" or 173 cms. i suffer of the same "can't find anything with sleeves long enough" syndrome.. :down: so greety, i have the same "No bono sleeves for me" either!! :D My girls, except for one, are all taller than me, and my son is 6'3". I'm thinking that tall belgians is becoming more and more common. :wink:

well i'm belgian and am 5'9" or 173 cms. i suffer of the same "can't find anything with sleeves long enough" syndrome.. :down: so greety, i have the same "No bono sleeves for me" either!! :D My girls, except for one, are all taller than me, and my son is 6'3". I'm thinking that tall belgians is becoming more and more common. :wink:

:wave:
You're absolutely right. I remember being in high school,I was the tall one, always bending over to be able to hear what others were saying.
Nowadays they are all mostly tall, with the little ones as an exception :lol:

BTW I am the little one at home now too, the youngest being the tallest and still growing. He's about 1.90m

According to the Wall Street Journal a few days ago

"Brains have shrunk by about 10% in the past 5,000 years. Average shoe sizes have grown four sizes for men and women since 1900, and heights are all over the map. Americans, who were among the world's tallest people in 1900, have leveled off in the past 25 years (averaging 5-foot-10 for men and 5-foot-4 for women). Europeans have continued growing—particularly in Holland, where men now average over 6-feet tall. The Japanese, among the world's shortest people in 1950, have grown nearly 5 inches, on average, since then, to 5-foot-7 for men. "They could equal American height standards in the next generation," says Richard Steckel, an Ohio State University economist and anthropologist."

There were a lot of other interesting statistics about the body's evolution...amazing!

Here's a link if you're interested

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704454304575081613327728110.html

Back
Top Bottom