Bono/U2 and Michael Stipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

last unicorn

Blue Crack Addict
As most of you have certainly heard/read by now, R. E. M. have announced that they're indeed breaking up. :sad:

Now, that's really sad news for the music world and for a lot of people personally, me included, because I've loved this band and their music and many of their songs mean a lot to me. They have been one of my favourite bands and, almost like U2, a constant in my life.

I'm sad to see them breaking up and I think the world is a poorer place without them. But we still have their music, which is a great gift.

With news like this, it also makes me sad to think about the day U2 won't be around any more. I know it's a tough thing to say and to think about, but I believe we should appreciate the fact that our boys are still around , that they are healthy and well and continue to make great music and amazing shows. I'm grateful for that.

We know Bono is great friends with Michael Stipe. I love Michael and I would love to see some pictures of Bono and Michael or of U2 and Michael/R. E. M. over the years. Please? Thank you so much.

They ended with a very beautiful album! Great exit.
Michael Stipe and u2 are great friends, i saw him with Edge at a restaurant a couple years ago! They have ordered gambas and Michael only ate the salad with and Edge drank all the bottle of Rosé alone...

I remember a video of Micheal stipe rushing to get in a plane to see a U2 show,
and the plane got delayed for 3 hours, and he was freaking out becuase he wanted to be there before beautiful day ,which apparently is his favorite U2 song and he wishes he wrote it. Which to me is the testimony he's the coolest guy ever.

Ah found the video! He is so in to it and full of passion.

Michael Stipe Beautiful Day - YouTube

12_tri_edge-pg-horizontal.jpg

U2michaelstipeandposter.jpg

1_bono_michael_stipe.jpg

what-music-taught-us-michael-stipe-bono-free-590x350.jpg

Rockers+REM+Release+15th+Album+Look+Back+NI57l0NUy3Ll.jpg

2255640.jpg

bonomichaelstipe.jpg

c55ca922.jpg

stipe-bono.jpg

1405218217_c0b4fffcf9_b.jpg

Love REM , they have written awesome stuff.

I remember a video of Micheal stipe rushing to get in a plane to see a U2 show,
and the plane got delayed for 3 hours, and he was freaking out becuase he wanted to be there before beautiful day ,which apparently is his favorite U2 song and he wishes he wrote it. Which to me is the testimony he's the coolest guy ever.

Ah found the video! He is so in to it and full of passion.

Michael Stipe Beautiful Day - YouTube

12_tri_edge-pg-horizontal.jpg

U2michaelstipeandposter.jpg

1_bono_michael_stipe.jpg

what-music-taught-us-michael-stipe-bono-free-590x350.jpg

Rockers+REM+Release+15th+Album+Look+Back+NI57l0NUy3Ll.jpg

2255640.jpg

Love REM , they have written awesome stuff.

Domo, what are the last 3 photos from?

Domo, what are the last 3 photos from?
Here's what the site where I found them said:

REM paid tribute to U2 singer Bono at a Valentine's Day fund-raiser in Hollywood.
The first annual Love Rocks concert paid tribute to the Irishman's "outspoken philanthropy",
and raised money for research into heart disease.

And omg Adam's Tan looks so unhealthy on that photo above!

Here's what the site where I found them said:

REM paid tribute to U2 singer Bono at a Valentine's Day fund-raiser in Hollywood.
The first annual Love Rocks concert paid tribute to the Irishman's "outspoken philanthropy",
and raised money for research into heart disease.

And omg Adam's Tan looks so unhealthy on that photo above!

I just attempted to find video on this and alas - no.

Adam, first casualty of spray tan.

I just attempted to find video on this and alas - no.

Adam, first casualty of spray tan.

Same here, would love to see a video of the whole evening, there where more people as well paying tribute. Gwen Stefani and more. Can't remember.

I could post some pics too, but I'm out for the day. Maybe tonight if I still have any that haven't been posted yet. :wave:

bonomichaelstipewarholexpo8-3-2003monaco.jpg

bonostipe4-14-06personofyear.jpg

BonoMichaelStipehug-1.jpg

BonoMichaelStipe.jpg

bonomichaelstipeawards.jpg

BonoMichaelstipeREM.jpg

I love the photos of U2 and REM. I just wish there were more.

Ok now I'm going. :shifty: (I'll see if I have more to post tonight!)

They didn't even tour Collapse into Now... That sucks.
At least give the people a shot to say goodbye in a proper way.

Awww, thank you so much for these great pictures! So many sweet photos. Michael and U2, Bono especially really are very close. I remember Bono saying in "In Conversation" that most people have no idea how close he is to Michael and how much his friendship means to him. Also, there's a very sweet dedication from B to Michael at the end of "U2 by U2". I love seeing them together and I wish they'd sing/play together again. So sad R. E. M. won't be making any more music, but at least we have all their albums to listen to, which is indeed a great gift :sad:

Back
Top Bottom