Bono to speak at Women's conference

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, 3 hours!

From this site: Women's Conference sells out in 3 hours - Press-Telegram

Women's Conference sells out in 3 hours
By Pamela Hale-Burns, Staff Writer
Article Launched: 07/14/2008 10:34:21 PM PDT

By Pamela Hale-Burns

Staff Writer

LONG BEACH - Tickets for the annual Women's Conference were sold out in about three hours after going on sale at 9 a.m. Monday, breaking last year's record of three days.

"This is the fastest tickets have ever sold," said Marissa Moss of Kristina Schake Consultants, a political consulting firm working with Maria Shriver and the Women's Conference.

"The overwhelming response and interest in this year's conference momentarily overwhelmed our ticket fulfillment partner's servers."

The conference is known for its ability to inspire women to become generators of change, uniting leaders and visionaries with thousands of women in one arena to share enriching stories of transformation and success.

"In total, more than 11,000 full-day passes have been sold, as well as approximately 1,500 `Night at The Village' tickets, and hundreds of afternoon-only tickets," Moss said.

The conference, which will be Oct. 22 at the Long Beach Convention Center, is the largest gathering of women in the nation.

It was started in 1991 by then-Gov. Pete Wilson as a government initiative.

Guest speakers will include rock star and humanitarian Bono, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, journalist Barbara Walters, singer and actress Jennifer Lopez, cyclist Lance Armstrong and Caroline Kennedy. All will share personal success stories, empowering words of encouragement and inspirational life lessons.

Tickets are still available for The Night at The Village, a new pre-conference event Oct. 21 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. This event also features a special conversation and book signing by California first lady Shriver. Tickets for this event are $20.

For more information, visit the conference's Web site at The Women's Conference - Empowerment, Inspiration and Education for Women.

pam.hale@presstelegram.com, 562-499-1476

The afternoon session where Bono is speaking can still be purchased here:
The Women's Conference 2008 - Women's Conference Registration

Just to be clear for anyone still thinking of going, I believe the afternoon session (with Bono) is still available. The main tickets sold out but I'm pretty sure you can still get the afternoon session for $40.

:hmm: Wouldn't it be something if he joined Bonnie Raitt for a song...

^^^ I wonder if it's occurred to anyone of the organizers that the reason for this years event for being sold so quickly might have something to do with a certain sexy Irish rock star speaker....:D

i would love to be going along...Bonnie Raitt is awesome, and Bono is not bad himself too..haha...it would be a great day..if only I could push Australia a little closer to the rest of the world I would love to come along....Have a fantastic time you lucky girls....Enjoy listening and taking in our beautiful boy Bonolicious....xx:heart::love::wave::applaud:

Doesn't matter it is a women's conference.....This whole thing makes sense.....Maria Shriver is the head of this whole thing and who is Maria Shriver's brother?
Bobby Shriver....Bono's business partner......

I love how they mentioned the Afternoon Only Session sold hundreds of tickets. We all know why!!! BONO!!! :)

Doesn't matter it is a women's conference.....This whole thing makes sense.....Maria Shriver is the head of this whole thing and who is Maria Shriver's brother?
Bobby Shriver....Bono's business partner......

Exactly! And Bono is very close to the Shriver/Kennedy clan.
Bono said during the promotional tour for the Red kick-off on Larry King that besides his own family, Eunice Shriver ( Maria and Bobby's mother) and founder of the Special Olympics, is one of his favorite women in the world.
:) I love that he loves women so much! :) He is the perfect speaker for this conference, he has the gift to inspire. :love:

Got my tickets in Satudays mail and I didnt see my mail until this morning!!:hyper:

There is not on the "Improtant Information" letter under security and inspections

*For the enjoyment of all participants innapropriate bahavior will not be tolorated and violators will be removed from the premises

:doh: I'm going to have to behave myself for this event :|

BonoFox1;5500542 .... *For the enjoyment of all participants innapropriate bahavior will not be tolorated and violators will be removed from the premises... :|[/QUOTE said:
Oh that is too funny!

There is not on the "Improtant Information" letter under security and inspections

*For the enjoyment of all participants innapropriate bahavior will not be tolorated and violators will be removed from the premises

Uhmmm, makes me wonder as to what exactly do they mean by inapproriate behaviour?! :hmm:

I mean surely they couldn't object to anyone :applaud: :love: :drool: :hyper: :wave:

but they may object to someone :camera: :yippie: :bow: :combust: :faint:

I'll be living vicariously through everyone who is lucky enough to attend this conference and remember to behave yourselfs! :lol:

You girls better take some sedatives before you get there, then!
:drool:

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL WHO GO :applaud:
Please don't forget us here - take loads of pix and videos to post.
:yippie::yippie::crack:

May I join you gals? :flirt:

I got tickets!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

I'm flying from NC (YES, ACROSS THE DAMN COUNTRY!) to comet's...if you say yes to her, you have to say yes to me!

Oh, sorry comet, done ruined your chances. :wink:

Ok nevermind. I just emailed The Women's Conference and received a very quick reply from someone there that says yes as of today Bono is scheduled to be speaking at the Minerva Awards Session :)

Back
Top Bottom