Bono to speak at Women's conference

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PA220810.jpg

You had great seats:applaud: Love the pics.. great shots girls.

What a man, Maria Shriver described him perfectly. That was SOOOOME speech. He is like a magnificent fireworks show. Dazzling. My brain couldn't soak it all in.
Was hoping they'd put a light on Ali and Eve.

Mot- are you still breathing???

She's sleeping, but i just checked and yes she is breathing :wink: She did get to see and hear him from within a few feet away out in the parking lot afterwards, so the whole still breathing thing is really a bonus for her. :lol:

You had great seats:applaud: Love the pics.. great shots girls.

What a man, Maria Shriver described him perfectly. That was SOOOOME speech. He is like a magnificent fireworks show. Dazzling. My brain couldn't soak it all in.
Was hoping they'd put a light on Ali and Eve.

Mot- are you still breathing???

How long did he speak?

I hophe there will be a video up soon ... the fact that they were streaming this live gives me hope. I couldn't watch, it was in the middle of the night and I was sleeping like a stone, so tired.

Edit: There is one very shaky video I found on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiSx1dtgovU

I took video but my memory card filled up at 27 minutes and he continued to speak for a while after that so alas I did not get his entire speech.

LU, The website says it will be rebroadcast today. not sure of the times.
My daughter taped it, but it is not loading to view on the puter. will work on it.

I received this yesterday on email:

Just a reminder that we're showing our Live Webcast at The Women's Conference - Empowerment, Inspiration and Education for Women. Please click on our home page billboard and our video player will pop up. Press PLAY and enjoy the conference and all the empowerment this day has to offer. If you miss any of our programming, on-demand videos will be available tomorrow on our website.

I was very surprised, he spoke for a LONG time - as is his nature, lucky for us -such a loose cannon! He managed to get in the F word and some other anatomical descriptions... i would love him to teach a biology lesson- gaaaaaahhhhh

You must see it if there is any way.

^ Will watch out for it, thanks! Still nothing on the website, though.

But if you manage to upload what you've recorded it would be very much appreciated! Or is the file very big? Maybe I can help with converting.

You can watch the opening session now.

if you click on watch the live webcast-
The Women's Conference - Empowerment, Inspiration and Education for Women

doesn'tgive you a choice to pick what session you want to view, right now though.:hmm:

it is worth watching as much as possible, if you can..

I watched the webcast live even though it was in the middle of the night here. Bono spoke for about 45 minutes. He got a standing ovation when he came in before he even reached the mike.

Oh and he sang a little bit of 'Maria' from Westside story - very appropriate ;)

I watched the webcast live even though it was in the middle of the night here. Bono spoke for about 45 minutes. He got a standing ovation when he came in before he even reached the mike.

Oh and he sang a little bit of 'Maria' from Westside story - very appropriate ;)

I missed that part, :| could someone possible post that part of him singing that. West Side story is my favorite.:wink:

Wow, 45 minutes ... I'd love to hear and see the "Maria" singing, too! :heart:

I'll try to catch a bit of the webstream right now, but I'm at work, so it's a little difficult.

Wow, 45 minutes ... I'd love to hear and see the "Maria" singing, too! :heart:

I'll try to catch a bit of the webstream right now, but I'm at work, so it's a little difficult.

I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing Bono's speech too, but the conference website hasn't made Bono's segment available yet! :shrug:

Thanks to everyone for all the lovely pics, Bono's looking might fine in his button down shirt, jeans and sexy boots! :drool: And for telling us about the brief encounter after the event, he's such a sweet heart!! :heart: :cute:

Holy crap, look at that look! :drool::heart::drool:

So which one of you lucky, lovely ladies got to see him for the first time?
Bonomot?

Nice pictures Bonocomet, cherish them!!!

Dion, I thought you were going there? NO?

JC,
I had to decide late last week to wait for the tour in L.A. instead. Our finances just couldn't afford both trips....so......

It was funny, I was on the phone with Zey and could hear Bono talking from the stage. Was cool!!! It felt like I was almost there at least!!!

BONOCOMET,
I'll catch you on the tour out there!

Back
Top Bottom