Bono Out & About in South of France (06/08/10)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well this thread certainly got amusing. I'm smelling a new sigquote.

And the most amusing part is, I still don't see where he's put on weight. But yeah, I'm obviously making silly excuses here, cause I'm like, totally in love with the man. He could've been my dad, but hey, still blinded by love, ofcourse. :happy:

002nro.jpg

:cute::cute::cute::cute:

To quote Fat Bastard... "Get in MA BELLY!!" LMAO...:reject:

Seriously.. the man does not have a weight problem. He's 50 years old and sexy as hell. He's what I would call stocky because thats the kind of man that I like..a stocky guy. I didn't like baby Bono because he was too skinny. I like a man with some meat on him..no not fat..meat. They seem more powerful and much more manly to me. Yum!! :love:

PS..Unless modern medicine has come VERY far since my sister had back surgery a few years back..he IS probably wearing a back brace. Actually I hope he is because I'm not even sure I like the idea of him being all over the place this soon after surgery. I'm just sayin' :sexywink:

Health is always more important. Than a few extra pounds. My sister has to take meds for seizures. Better for to be alive, healthy, pretty and curvy. The alternative, could be death.

:( I'm sorry to hear that about your sister. :hug:
My dad suddenly developed seizures late in? early his 60's?Luckily once they found out what was causing it,the medicne works very well .

Thank you, for your kind words. I still have mild Sciatica flare ups, at times. But, nothing compared to what it was. .

That's very good news.:up: An you are very welcome.:)

I have had to deal with increasing parental medical issues from a really young age, and then from teenage years onward.
Sometimes it can make me withdraw away for a bit, but usually makes me more empathetic in general with injuries and medical conditions and illnesses.

I was very frighten too. For Bono.

Yup, I hear that .

First, my english is not very good !

So... I think the present hair of Bono is a simple transition. We are now in June, and since the end of the 360 Tour his hair just grow up. He will probably return to his 2001-2005 rock style ! For his shape, it seems a normal size, on the recent picture with the Lance family. Anyway, some training and he will return to his slim shape.

Trust me Bv ( and welcome! :wave:).....

....there are waaay too many Americans who would be able to do half as well as you are doing with English, in a different language.

I unfortunately am among those...except.. that IF...
I had been able to continue taking Russian (I had 1 year) (the HS i went to did not offer it) I might still be able to speak some of it.

I AM in the process of trying to learn more Spanish ( Puerto Rican & Dominican dialects) Did have it in HS.

Trust me Bv ( and welcome! :wave:).....

....there are waaay too many Americans who would be able to do half as well as you are doing with English, in a different language.

I unfortunately am among those...except.. that IF...
I had been able to continue taking Russian (I had 1 year) (the HS i went to did not offer it) I might still be able to speak some of it.

I AM in the process of trying to learn more Spanish ( Puerto Rican & Dominican dialects) Did have it in HS.

Hooo... Thank you very much! I'm trying to do my best !
My current languange is French, but i'm Canadian! I love (yes love :love:) speak English! It's beautiful language! And my opinion on the current picture is that they are just simple picture of Bono in recovery, he will return much better for the tour!

To quote Fat Bastard... "Get in MA BELLY!!" LMAO...:reject:

Seriously.. the man does not have a weight problem. He's 50 years old and sexy as hell. He's what I would call stocky because thats the kind of man that I like..a stocky guy. I didn't like baby Bono because he was too skinny. I like a man with some meat on him..no not fat..meat. They seem more powerful and much more manly to me. Yum!! :love:

PS..Unless modern medicine has come VERY far since my sister had back surgery a few years back..he IS probably wearing a back brace. Actually I hope he is because I'm not even sure I like the idea of him being all over the place this soon after surgery. I'm just sayin' :sexywink:

:up:

I also like a man with a little "meat" on his bones, and Bono is short - no use denying that, even though we're all blinded by love :wink: - so it's even harder for him to stay "slim". He isn't built that way. I think he's fine.

Btw, I don't think Bono is "all over the place". He's basically in his house in Eze relaxing and recovering, the pictures were taken right there. Just because he had surgery a couple of weeks ago doesn't mean he cannot see friends or cannot go out for a walk. He has to move in order to keep his muscles flexible and get into shape again. It's not like he's doing a fitness programme or performing on a concert stage again so soon. I'm sure he takes care and has people watching over him. I guess he's having physical therapy at his house. On the latest pictures he isn't exactly jumping around or looking like he's overdoing it.
So: Don't worry :)

:up:

I also like a man with a little "meat" on his bones, and Bono is short - no use denying that, even though we're all blinded by love :wink: - so it's even harder for him to stay "slim". He isn't built that way. I think he's fine.

Btw, I don't think Bono is "all over the place". He's basically in his house in Eze relaxing and recovering, the pictures were taken right there. Just because he had surgery a couple of weeks ago doesn't mean he cannot see friends or cannot go out for a walk. He has to move in order to keep his muscles flexible and get into shape again. It's not like he's doing a fitness programme or performing on a concert stage again so soon. I'm sure he takes care and has people watching over him. I guess he's having physical therapy at his house. On the latest pictures he isn't exactly jumping around or looking like he's overdoing it.
So: Don't worry :)

This comment is really great! :) :up::up:

Yeah, psychologically it's also important - for him and anyone in his situation - to get active again, to see people and to be able to do what you like - of course with certain physical limits. Otherwise it would be very depressing and not good for the recovery.

Whoa, this whole weight thing. :crack: First of all, anyone who's spent more than 10 minutes looking at pics of him over the years should know that he has weight issues. He's short and stocky, so an extra 10 or 15 lbs is going to show on him way faster than someone who is 5'10" or 6'. But the thing is, we'll see one series of photos where it looks like he's put on weight, and then a week or two later, we'll see another where he's slimmed down. I've noticed a pattern, and correct me if I'm wrong, but he seems most slim at the start of a tour, where he's been working on it, and then a little less slim as the tour goes on. Understandable, eating and drinking on the road probably isn't the best time to be weight conscious. And it's definitely understandable if he's put on weight during the latter part of his pre-surgery injury, when he's been able to be less active, till now, the early days of his post surgery.

And what I've always heard as far as back health goes is that the less weight you're carrying the better, and the stronger your abs are, the better. I'm sure he'll be focusing on this in the latter stages of his physio.

In any case, in the photos we've seen, it looks like he's doing remarkably well, and I'm confident he'll be back to game shape in no time. :)

And the most amusing part is, I still don't see where he's put on weight. But yeah, I'm obviously making silly excuses here, cause I'm like, totally in love with the man. He could've been my dad, but hey, still blinded by love, ofcourse. :happy:

I totally agree with this posts! I think the same way! :wave::hug:

Back
Top Bottom