Bono Out & About in South of France (06/08/10)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
113489014.jpg

Well i dont want to go off topic as the good news at the moment is our man is up and about. Its just surprising to see he has put on more weight as only a few weeks ago he was in tour prep, plus i thought would of kept himself in shape with the tour not being over. Its okay saying you'd prefer him with more flesh, but he just looks wrong with a huge belly and man boobs, which the pictures clearly show. Im not knocking Bono in anyway, just with being on tour schedule he should of defiantly taken more care of his weight before his accident. It didnt seem to have any problems weight wise from Elevation to Vertigo, but since the Vertigo tour finished, he's defiantly put alot of weight on. Its alright saying he is aging, but he's a 50 year old rock star, you would expect a bit more care appearance wise.

Of course, I don't know about Bono's case. But, in mine. (I had a lumbar disc injury, due to sports.) I was advised not to work with heavy weight training equipment. Too much stress for my back. Sensible exercise such as walking and swimming are best. And light arm weights (three pounds) for toning, muscle strength. No ankle weights, what so ever. It can aggravate Sciatica.

Everyone, is different. So the best advise. Is to do exactly what your DR. has determined is the best course for recovery.

IMHO.....I think Bono looks wonderful! I am so happy for him. He is able to walk. Bono came very close to not being able to and perhaps, being in a wheel chair for the rest of his life.

Weird, it was there a few minutes ago, and now it's gone.

It's not a pic we saw yesterday in the Pantaloon Gerbil Conspiracy. :)

Well i dont want to go off topic as the good news at the moment is our man is up and about. Its just surprising to see he has put on more weight as only a few weeks ago he was in tour prep, plus i thought would of kept himself in shape with the tour not being over. Its okay saying you'd prefer him with more flesh, but he just looks wrong with a huge belly and man boobs, which the pictures clearly show. Im not knocking Bono in anyway, just with being on tour schedule he should of defiantly taken more care of his weight before his accident. It didnt seem to have any problems weight wise from Elevation to Vertigo, but since the Vertigo tour finished, he's defiantly put alot of weight on. Its alright saying he is aging, but he's a 50 year old rock star, you would expect a bit more care appearance wise.

I don't really care much Bono weights as long as he is healthy, but I was thinking about it, Bono was fit and quite slim a few days before the surgery, so I do think it must be some side effect from his medication, it happened to me, I put on about 10 kg. (20 pounds) in a few days and then, after stopping having some of the medicines I was prescipted, I lost it all in a short time, I had been retaining liquids in my body.

I think he's doing fine.
And I don't really care if he's not fat or not, the most important thing is his health!

And, whatever waistline he'll be wearing, we'll still be loving him :) Well, At least I surely will :) :heart:

I'm usually the last person to join the "Bono Is Not Fat and How Dare You Say So" brigade, but sometimes it just bugs the snot out of me.

Stop Body-Snarking on Bono! :grumpy:

I don't really care much Bono weights as long as he is healthy, but I was thinking about it, Bono was fit and quite slim a few days before the surgery, so I do think it must be some side effect from his medication, it happened to me, I put on about 10 kg. (20 pounds) in a few days and then, after stopping having some of the medicines I was prescipted, I lost it all in a short time, I had been retaining liquids in my body.

I was thinking the same thing. The pics of him in Africa in March he looked really slim and in shape, and all of a sudden he looks twice the size, very weird. Thats the probably the only logical explanation.

I dont want anyone thinking my post is some kind of threat or its nasty, its just Bono doesn't look right like that. We've always known Bono as a slim healthy guy, and when you seen a pic like that it just struck me how much weight he has put on. He just doesn't suit it imo, but the main thing is he is back up and walking, which i dont want to take for granted, plus his Hair is looking very nice.

^ That man with children : Adorable. :up: Don't know who's cuter , the the kid or him :cute:

Wow, these seem to be very private pictures :ohmy:

Bono's cute with the baby and looking great. Judging from his hair - which looks great, too - the pictures must be recent. Nice view from his house, and I don't think I've ever seen the inside of the house.

He has an empty wine glass - I guess he must still be on painkillers :lol:

And about the "weight discussion": I think we've had enough of that here. I feel that right now is not the time to discuss the man's weight. Of course medication can cause you weight problems, but I don't see Bono having "man boobs and a belly", that's just disrespectful. I've seen him "fuller", I don't think he's overweight. If it helps him heal and is good for the nerves, so be it. The man isn't on stage right now but in rehab, so his looks are secondary to his health.

Wow, his hair is growing by the minute. I wonder if the medication he's on is making his hair grow faster as he puts on weight.

:wink: waits for corianderstem :shifty:

Wow, his hair is growing by the minute. I wonder if the medication he's on is making his hair grow faster as he puts on weight.

There seems to be a connection between more weight and more hair :hmm: Now what do we like better? Slim Bono with less hair or "fuller" Bono with more hair?

Aww these new pictures are sooo cute!! :cute::cute:

And really glad to see Bono's having a relaxing time :)

Back
Top Bottom