Bono is awesome thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dettersree

The Fly
So since it is almost BONO' s birthday (May 10) and yesterday was mine I figured I could start a Bono is awesome thread:heart:. To celebrate this joyous occasion. Pics,videos and stories from all eras are welcome.:D
YouTube
(For the birthday aspect of things: YouTube )

429439_10150534899082916_599356170_n.jpg

:bono:: But edge I want the guitar solo.
:edge:: no Bono. Remember what happened last time?
B: It was an accident.
L: ugh not this again.
A: when at we going to have a bass solo?
E,B&L: NEVER!!!!:eek::no::tsk:
A::reject::(:fist::slant::sigh::sad:
My terrible attempt at a caption.

YouTube bono he moves in mysterious ways:) this is my favorite version of the song. I also just realized that he says morghleigh sprite teach us and morliegh child at the end. I always that it was more child.:reject: But it also reflects how good Morliegh is and how lucky edge is.

What year was that? VERY nice.

Do you happen to have that one I think from somewhere JT through AB, where he's sitting in a dressing room with no shirt on, sitting way down in his chair with his head thrown back? It's B&W in profile, and he's in some sort of hard chair facing left. I should have saved that one when I saw it.

Edge also had that few silver hairs going on in the AB years. Sigh...

:up:

I believe this here would be my most favorite Bono portrait ever.

I agree! I like the juxtaposition of the two portraits--the one from 85/86 next to the later photo. While I love post TUF/ pre-JT Bono, I love the character in his face in the second one. The lines, the faded scar. It shows a powerful yet reserved (is that the right word?) confidence.

What year was that?

I was wondering that myself. :hmm:

What year was that? VERY nice.

Do you happen to have that one I think from somewhere JT through AB, where he's sitting in a dressing room with no shirt on, sitting way down in his chair with his head thrown back? It's B&W in profile, and he's in some sort of hard chair facing left. I should have saved that one when I saw it.

Edge also had that few silver hairs going on in the AB years. Sigh...

This one? :hmm:

BonoPinewood1992.jpg~original

Funny you asked, I had almost posted this at the same time I posted the portrait but decided on just the one for the time being. :D Anyway I was going to post a few more shirtless Bono's. :shifty:

I agree! I like the juxtaposition of the two portraits--the one from 85/86 next to the later photo. While I love post TUF/ pre-JT Bono, I love the character in his face in the second one. The lines, the faded scar. It shows a powerful yet reserved (is that the right word?) confidence.

I was wondering that myself. :hmm:

I'm not exactly sure on the year for this one actually. I don't have this file dated, which is too bad because most of them are. It looks to be ATYCLB era but we'll have to investigate it further for more specifics. :hmm:

Love this one. This was my wallpaper for a long time. :love:

:up::wave: trinity :D

Okay, stay right there, Bono. Don't move....

BonoPinewood1992.jpg~original

Funny you asked, I had almost posted this at the same time I posted the portrait but decided on just the one for the time being. :D Anyway I was going to post a few more shirtless Bono's. :shifty:

I'm not exactly sure on the year for this one actually. I don't have this file dated, which is too bad because most of them are. It looks to be ATYCLB era but we'll have to investigate it further for more specifics. :hmm:

I was going to guess AB. Either way, wowza.

Whoops! I just noticed that he's in a towel.

:shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty:

[]
tumblr_lelybuZEkT1qdss08o1_400.jpg
Bono + guitar=:combust:
c49dd6373c07086
anyone else notice that bono has worn the same pants for thirsty years. I mean I can't complain to terribly much can I?
bono.jpg
B: Oh my God it's the ultimate shiney:ohmy:!! Thank you the Edge.:hyper:

Okay, stay right there, Bono. Don't move....

I was going to guess AB. Either way, wowza.

Whoops! I just noticed that he's in a towel.

:shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty:

OH wait were we talking about different pics on the year? I meant the portrait, that one is ATYCLB era. The towel one is 1992. :sexywink:

OH wait were we talking about different pics on the year? I meant the portrait, that one is ATYCLB era. The towel one is 1992. :sexywink:

Um, I think what happened is that we WERE talking about the same photo, the one that you said was your favorite. Then I looked at the 1992 photo and something kind of happened to my brain.

:love:

:drool:

:combust: :combust: :combust:

Back
Top Bottom