Bono Interviews George Clooney (aka Lila's Boyfriend)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just finished watching the full length interview.

How weird is it to see Bono as the one listening?

:D

Yep, it must be hard for him to hold back :D

But he's talking enough anyway. Once he starts, it seems hard to stop him :lol:

I think he's doing a good job. Why, because he seems genuinly interested in people and in many issues. I see it more than a dialogue than an interview.

They are both very articluate, smart guys.

And very handsome, may I add :drool:

Remember for anyone who only watched it on TV, the full interview is only on line. It's 39 minutes long.

What a great interview! How I would love to be in the middle of them. :love:

No kidding! I was loving every second seeing those 2 on screen together. I've got to go watch the interview in its entirety soon. What was shown was really an excellent interview. I think it would be fun to see Brad Pitt thrown in there with Bono and Clooney :up:

:lol: Bono starts out wanting to know how George manages to win Sexiest Man Alive twice and Bono hasn't even got a mention. :lol:

Then George says he'll help him. :applaud:

Dana

Comment/Question on Nick Cristoph

Nick Cristoph is a man?! At first, I thought it had to be a woman. Anyone know why is George Clooney as Bono stated in the interview "sleeping with him" and why does Bono have a "crush on him?" I know there is no question on either man's sexuality, but that is quite a strange question and he certainly worded it in a way that is controversial. :hmm:

I checked and the name is a guy from the NY Times Magazine. In fact, Bono states who the guys name and he says he is from the NY Times. I wonder why Bono would have a crush on a guy...just a weird comment for the B man to say, that is all. :confused:

It's not strange at all. Nick is a journalist that has gone on some fantastic adventures and I can easily see how Bono would be smitten. He's even said he would probably be a journalist in another life had he not been a rock star. I don't know but my guess is that recently George and Nick worked together, possibly in Darfur.

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/opinion/editorialsandoped/oped/columnists/nicholasdkristof/index.html

NicholasDKristof.jpg

Nicholas D. Kristof, a columnist for The Times since 2001, is a two-time Pulitzer Prize winner who writes op-ed columns that appear twice a week.

Mr. Kristof grew up on a sheep and cherry farm near Yamhill, Oregon. He graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Harvard College and then studied law at Oxford University on a Rhodes Scholarship, graduating with first class honors. He later studied Arabic in Cairo and Chinese in Taipei. While working in France after high school, he caught the travel bug and began backpacking around Africa and Asia during his student years, writing articles to cover his expenses. Mr. Kristof has lived on four continents, reported on six, and traveled to more than 140 countries, plus all 50 states, every Chinese province and every main Japanese island. He's also one of the very few Americans to be at least a two-time visitor to every member of the Axis of Evil. During his travels, he has had unpleasant experiences with malaria, mobs and an African airplane crash.

I checked and the name is a guy from the NY Times Magazine. In fact, Bono states who the guys name and he says he is from the NY Times. I wonder why Bono would have a crush on a guy...just a weird comment for the B man to say, that is all. :confused:

He doesn't mean literally go to bed with him, he is just saying he admires this guy. Thats all :wink:

It's not strange at all. Nick is a journalist that has gone on some fantastic adventures and I can easily see how Bono would be smitten. He's even said he would probably be a journalist in another life had he not been a rock star. I don't know but my guess is that recently George and Nick worked together, possibly in Darfur.

Nicholas D. Kristof's Columns

NicholasDKristof.jpg

Nicholas D. Kristof, a columnist for The Times since 2001, is a two-time Pulitzer Prize winner who writes op-ed columns that appear twice a week.

Mr. Kristof grew up on a sheep and cherry farm near Yamhill, Oregon. He graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Harvard College and then studied law at Oxford University on a Rhodes Scholarship, graduating with first class honors. He later studied Arabic in Cairo and Chinese in Taipei. While working in France after high school, he caught the travel bug and began backpacking around Africa and Asia during his student years, writing articles to cover his expenses. Mr. Kristof has lived on four continents, reported on six, and traveled to more than 140 countries, plus all 50 states, every Chinese province and every main Japanese island. He's also one of the very few Americans to be at least a two-time visitor to every member of the Axis of Evil. During his travels, he has had unpleasant experiences with malaria, mobs and an African airplane crash.

Thanks bonocomet for taking the time to find some info on Kristof for those in this thread who may not know him.

Kristof is a big supporter of many of the same humanitarian efforts as Bono and he has given the movement to end AIDS & extreme poverty in the world a big :up:

plus Kristof isn't afraid to speak his mind on issues - even when they are unpopular with the NY Times readership, so you know that makes him "attractive" to the B-man.

Many of us who are active in ONE really like & admire Kristof. :applaud:

And remember, Bono has said that if he wasn't a singer then he would have been a journalist so I think his admiration for Nicholas Kristof is quite normal!

:bono::heart::heart::hug:

Back
Top Bottom