BONO IN st. barths

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like seeing the pics of him nd then I feel guilty because he deserves his privacy.

Um, no, but he had health problems and stress because the whole Pop and PopMart "fiasco" was really taking a toll on him.

But I never would want to see him that thin again. I like my Bono best with some flesh on his bones :drool:

Bono was unhealthy skinny durning PopMart?

Not that he was ever overweight...

I never thought Bono looked "skinny" during Popmart :shrug: he just looked like he'd lost weight. Look at any Pop pic, there is meat on his bones!

Sorry, I just don't think it looked healthy on him, because Bono isn't built that way. It's more natural to see him with some more flesh on his bones. I remember seeing pictures of him around 2004 where he looked really thin, especially in the face, and I was worried, because it looked unhealthy. I think it's better for the nerves and his overall condition if he doesn't lose too much weight. Also, he'll lose weight during the tour, but you simply need strength to pull a tour off and I think calories might help :wink:

I had never really thought he looked especially slim during Popmart, although despite it being my first favourite era, I've never really paid attention to concerts and such from the time. He seemed reasonably healthy, just sort of an average weight, I guess? Maybe buffer than normal? Certainly more badass.

It's my theory that he was on drugs around this time

If you're talking a full-scale addiction, then I'd heartily laugh such assumptions off, but if you mean weed and those "little white fuckers", as Bez would say, then I'd say that's highly likely. Of course, as none of us were actually on tour with those guys at the time, it's rather pointless to theorise too deeply into this, but given the evidence (anyone recall reading about that bender he had in Sydney around that time?) it'd be naive to think that there wasn't dabbling with silly things. But that's neither here nor there.

I guess what I'm trying to say is

uh

¯\(°_O)/¯

Personally, I've never thought of Bono as fat OR skinny. Over the years he's gone through various stages that to me look average/healthy.

It gets harder to hold your weight or lose weight when you get older, no matter if you're famous or not. If you don't work out all the time (and we all know Bono doesn't) and happen to have an unhealthy lifestyle and a lot of stress, it's natural for you to gain weight. Almost every man I know around Bono's age has a little belly, it's nothing unusual. Bono is someone who enjoys live, that's something I really like about him, but I guess he's also willing to get fit again for the tour, and judging from the last photos, he seems to have lost a fair amount of weight. Also, he said in several interviews, that he has started to work out again. We also shouldn't forget that he has had to suffer from a bad back for years.

I don't care what he looks like, anyone that can do his "job" (I'm talking about being on stage for 2 hours night after night....) is in pretty damn good condition. I don't remember where I read/heard this but a few years ago I remember reading or hearing that if an average person were to attempt what a top frontman like Bono does, they'd probably pass out or have a heart attack. He doesn't need to be skinny or even well toned to be fit and do his job well, but I bet his heart and lungs are in dang good shape!

^true on both your comments, some people gaine weight along with the years and it gets harder to loose. From these past tours Bono has commented that he works out before a touring. Im sure it hepls build up stamina to be able to prance around for over 2 hours each show.
Plus he is non-stop moving around in his daily life.

IMHO I don't care if Bono gains weight or not, he gives his all on stage and I can't wait to see him again :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom