Bono in New York

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just read in the Post that Bono will have the extreme displeasure of meeting Sarah Palin tomorrow at the UN while she tries to cram for some understanding of foreign policy....

this makes me very sad. and more than a little ill. :no:

this makes me very sad. and more than a little ill. :no:

have to agree with you guys there :sad:, but I guess it takes great strength to be non partisan and meet with such people, and with issues like extreme poverty it's necessary to do so.

have to agree with you guys there :sad:, but I guess it takes great strength to be non partisan and meet with such people, and with issues like extreme poverty it's necessary to do so.

this may be true, but she isn't VP yet, and he is allowing them to use him to validate her as a stateswoman. This offends me a great deal.

^No, now you are being silly... of course they wouldn't, that is the whole point. They do not like Palin (and/or McCain).

And if Bono does meet Palin tomorrow, that will greatly disappoint me, too. This is a highly charged time in American politics, and he should just avoid it entirely, if he wishes to remain to be seen as non-partisan in his charitable efforts.

It's sad that some of you still don't understand what Bono is doing.

He's meeting with everyone, he has met with McCain before, also with Obama, he's meeting with people from all sides.

This is not about party politics.

^No, now you are being silly... of course they wouldn't, that is the whole point. They do not like Palin (and/or McCain).

And if Bono does meet Palin tomorrow, that will greatly disappoint me, too. This is a highly charged time in American politics, and he should just avoid it entirely, if he wishes to remain to be seen as non-partisan in his charitable efforts.

I can understand your concern. But by meeting with Gov. Palin, he is remaining non-partisan. He is being non-partisan by speaking to both Pres & VP candidates.

some more:

NY220908-3.jpg
NY220908-2.jpg
NY220908-1.jpg
NY220908.jpg

Here's Bono's own comment on meeting with McCain and Palin, from his FT blog:

Other things to watch out for this week: Wearing my ONE campaign hat, I should be meeting up with Senator John McCain and Governor Sarah Palin; hoping to see Senator Obama and Senator Joe Biden in the next few weeks. The ONE campaign has an ongoing relationship with Senators McCain and Obama. Both have agreed that increased and effective aid is a critical part of American foreign policy in a world where inequality conjures instability and where making friends is a lot cheaper than defending yourself against new enemies.

Do ye reckon she'll go all fangirl??? :D

Back
Top Bottom