Bono In London

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good point Wild. And as you were there, you had a first-hand view of everything. I agree it was probably during the silence. And who says that he has to be smiling 24/7?

Obviously he was doing that. I mean, why else would he be standing?

He looks a bit grim. Not grumpy. Then again, even if he was.. who cares? Let the man be grumpy, it's his life!

a couple more, but I can't get them bigger :sad:

08112008-3.jpg
08112008-2.jpg

thanks in advance BF1 :sexywink:

Poor guy - he can't go anywhere or do anything without having his picture taken.

Please let us know, Jamila--I would like to enjoy your experiences vicariously!
Thank you! :hug:

I am sure that having Agnes along helped immensely for you to get into see Bono, Jamila. Brian wasn't there either...what did happen? I know Bono wouldn't turn down an old friend from Uganda, and you left the rest of us rather quickly with Agnes and Susan in tow.

(Not a War Child for nuthin, I guess!)

Mary Margaret, the work that I have been doing for my longtime friend, Agnes, has everything to do with her and the HIV+ women that she works with.

We have been working together for almost two years now on projects for these women -with or without the B-man.

My friendship with her does not need to be defended in this forum and if this thread turns into an "attack" thread on my activities with her, then I will take the immediate steps to stop them.

Since you do not know what happend that day, Mary Margaret, and since you do not know what led up to that day, I think that you would be best to stop ass-u-ming that you know.

NONE of you that we met in line to go into the Conference wanted to stick with us at the Conference - that was your choice.

We would have been more than glad to have you accompany us - all the way to the seats near the front on the ground floor.

Ms. Purrl, there will be an article on the MPWN website for the Holidays (with pictures) of part of what brought us to California and our experiences there if you want to check it out next month.

Mulago Positive Women’s Network

Instead of criticizing the light that we are trying to spread for the women of the MPWN, why don't y'all JOIN us in our activities and/or purchase some of the craft items that the women make to support their families?

I'm sure that Bono would appreciate your help for his friend & her activities more than he would appreciate your tearing down our efforts.

Mary Margaret, the work that I have been doing for my longtime friend, Agnes, has everything to do with her and the HIV+ women that she works with.

We have been working together for almost two years now on projects for these women -with or without the B-man.

My friendship with her does not need to be defended in this forum and if this thread turns into an "attack" thread on my activities with her, then I will take the immediate steps to stop them.

Since you do not know what happend that day, Mary Margaret, and since you do not know what led up to that day, I think that you would be best to stop ass-u-ming that you know.

NONE of you that we met in line to go into the Conference wanted to stick with us at the Conference - that was your choice.

We would have been more than glad to have you accompany us - all the way to the seats near the front on the ground floor.

Ms. Purrl, there will be an article on the MPWN website for the Holidays (with pictures) of part of what brought us to California and our experiences there if you want to check it out next month.

Mulago Positive Women’s Network

Instead of criticizing the light that we are trying to spread for the women of the MPWN, why don't y'all JOIN us in our activities and/or purchase some of the craft items that the women make to support their families?

I'm sure that Bono would appreciate your help for his friend & her activities more than he would appreciate your tearing down our efforts.

Thank you for pointing that out and correcting me, Ultraviolet14...I had no idea your association went back that far with Agnes. I did know I was there with friends, and that you left rather quickly, nor did you suggest that we accompany you. You went through the another area (towards the exhibition floor) and I didn't see you again after that.

If I offended you, I publicly apologize. Agnes was a very gracious lady, and once I regain some financial stability, I would gladly purchase items from her organization. I would definitely never tear down HER efforts...

Oh, and the ass-u-ming comment was typically clever of you...

Your efforts, BTW:

"You know, "rosa", it completely slipped my mind to ask the B-man about the upcoming album when I met with him two weeks ago today in Long Beach CA at the Women's Conference.

What was I thinking about? (smile)

I will tell you though that it's awfully hard to keep your ideas on music when you're barely a foot away from him & you're looking into his "baby blues" without a thousand other women screamimg & pushing for him.

And it's completely impossible to concentrate on music when he's grabbing your waist to pull you so close next to him that your thigh is resting up against his so that you can take a few pics with him.

And I won't even begin to tell you what goes through your mind when you're holding each other around your waists while someone is taking your picture with the B-man.

That feeling defies words. ~"

I know what went on now...and you didn't invite us to come along. Not jealous at all either...it sounds like...well, its phrased a little off, don't you think?

This is hopefully my last response to the attempted hijacking of this thread (which has been attended to by a moderator here) is to explain Freefall's attempt to try to use a "tongue in cheek" response that I gave to a poster in another fansite to make me look silly here in Interference.

It won't work but let me explain.

First, I don't think that it's good policy to take conversations from another website & then place them out of context here in Interference to try to embarass someone.

In fact, I think that generally people are discouraged by websites to NOT engage in behavior such as this so that websites don't get into any controversy with each other.

Evidently, Mary Margaret didn't seem to care about respecting the privacy domains of U2websites - but I bet that they do!

The response to "rosa" is a poster in Zootopia that Mary Margaret & I have exchanged a few pm's there about. We both think that this poster - whether she really is a "rosa" or someone else's alias - has gone way too far in her adulation of Bono as a "Prince" and describing herself as Bono's "lost little girl".

So when "rosa" posted in a thread of mine in the Zoo, I posted the above "tongue in cheek" comment in jest to see what "rosa's" response would be to it.

Her response was what I thought it would be and what I hoped that it would be - it stopped her posting in that thread which is what I hoped would happen.

I don;t know what Mary Margaret's goal was in posting that comment out of context in this thread but I find it to be disingenuous & disgusting.

If someone has to quote someone else out of context to try to defame that person, it really doesn't speak well for the poster who is trying to stir things up.

I am watching this thread as is the moderator. Talk all you want about anything or anyone - just leave me, my friends and my activities for Africa out of whatever you do here!

The topic of this thread is BONO IN LONDON.

So lets get back on it. Take the bickering, whatever, to pm. I mean it.

Bono, lead singer of Irish rock band U2, watches Arsenal play Manchester United in their English Premier League soccer match at Emirates Stadium in London November 8, 2008.

dl2.jpg

I think he's looking very Sgt. Pepper's in that jacket! :cute:

thanks biff - I thought that someone else should inform folks of who was standing next to Bono.

Glad that you recognized her.:sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom