Bono in France V2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono1a.jpg

bono2a.jpg

an italian newspaper reports today that bono bought a 48 meters yacht made in italy, the "cyano".
the boat, a cruising speed of 19 knots, 6 crew cabins and 6 for guests, was built in 1997 and bono decided the purchase after hiring it for a cruise.
he also brought some changes to the yacht, turning the hull's colour from white to blue and installing a sophisticated hi-fi system.

http://www.agi.it/spettacolo/notizie/200809191021-spe-rt11023-art.html

:hmm: It seems it was actually Edge who bought the yacht...

All aboard edge's €15m 'hip ship' - News & Gossip, Entertainment - Independent.ie

All aboard edge's €15m 'hip ship'

Wednesday September 24 2008

U2 GUITARIST The Edge has revealed how he has fulfilled a dream by buying a €15m luxury yacht.

It was recently claimed that Bono had splashed out a small fortune on the Cyan, a 140-foot yacht with six cabins and accommodation for 12 guests.

But Edge spoke out last night to the Irish Independent to put the record straight.

"It's not Bono's yacht at all, it's mine. Bono doesn't know a thing about boats," he said.

"For years it was a dream of mine to own a yacht, but to be honest, it was a bit out of my league. So myself and a few friends got together, chipped in, and bought the Cyan. I don't know where the story that Bono owns it came from."

And Edge's wife Morleigh Steinberg has spent the past few months in the south of France overseeing a total redesign of the yacht, which included a new paint job.

Edge added: "She's now been totally refurbished and we're really happy with her. Morleigh has totally overseen all the work onboard and it's great. So it's now a really hip ship!"

The Cyan has a long list of luxuries, including an on-deck jacuzzi, a state-of-the-art music system, a swimming platform, large dining area and a luxury bar. It was built in 1997 by Codesca Yachts and commanded a charter price of between e140,000 and e175,000, depending on how long it was being hired for.

Edge and Bono own a luxury villa beside the beach in Eze-sur-mer on the French Riviera, where neighbours include superstars Elton John, Tina Turner and Michael Flatley.

While Bono has often been snapped on the beach or entertaining friends during his annual break, Edge and his family are very rarely pictured on their holidays there.

Edge also owns a home in Killiney in south county Dublin, as well as a property near Malibu in America.

And the guitar ace, who recently starred in a documentary film with guitar greats Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin and Jack White of The White Stripes, is now dividing his time between enjoying the yacht and finishing the next album.

A spokeswoman for the band revealed: "There won't be much public activity from the band until next year. They're still perfecting the album, which won't be released until next year."

And she said that their office was receiving constant queries from fans and reporters alike over whether the band would play Croke Park, the Phoenix Park or the O2 venue as part of next year's world tour.

"The tour plans haven't been confirmed at all, but they certainly will be playing Dublin. It is their hometown after all," she added.

"It's not Bono's yacht at all, it's mine. Bono doesn't know a thing about boats," he said.

Brilliant. :lol:

It's funny. Bono is always seen cruising around on this boat and Edge ends up buying it.

Some people in EYKIW think Bono brainwashed Edge into buying this boat because poor Edge would never come up with such an idea by himself.

:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom