Bono in France

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually feeling bad that they can't even go on vacation w/the family without being hounded by cameras. I feel guilty, because how many times have I been thrilled to see new Bono photos, how many times have I said "it's good to know where he is, what he's up to, etc". God, they put up with so much. It's a wonder they aren't all like Larry and just stay off the radar almost completely.

I'm actually feeling bad that they can't even go on vacation w/the family without being hounded by cameras. I feel guilty, because how many times have I been thrilled to see new Bono photos, how many times have I said "it's good to know where he is, what he's up to, etc". God, they put up with so much. It's a wonder they aren't all like Larry and just stay off the radar almost completely.

:wave: Hi Molly. I totally agree w/you.:up: I really don't know how they manage to keep so quiet and be so polite. They're always so regal, especially Ali. There's got to be times when they just want to tell the world to bugger off and leave them alone. :D Hats off to them for being so dignified. :applaud:

RBEDFY100808b_09.jpg

I think they are used to it. I get upset when there's a hoard of papparrazzi getting mass quantities of pics of their every move and hiding out to get shots. They are so nice about allowing fans autographs and pics, I think they also deserve their privacy during their holls, just like we get our own privacy.

Wow. I haven't been on here in ages, I need to get back in the u2 vibe again:wave: All these pictures posted were so fun to see. Especially how beautiful his daughters have gotten and how cute Jordan's boyfriend is.

Can't believe he goes on holiday with Gavin Friday - do they not see enough of each other in Dubling!?

Do you? Really? :shocked: I'm not AT ALL!:tongue: Paps make the pics some minutes for weeks and do you really think they do wrong? Sorry, but this sounds hypocrite to me!:whistle:

Can't believe he goes on holiday with Gavin Friday - do they not see enough of each other in Dubling!?

He even goes on holiday with Edge, you could think they don't see each other enough in the band they're in. Or Ali. I mean, they're married, I guess they spend enough time together at home, why go on holiday together?

:eyebrow:

It's called frienship. Bono has always said that he holds his closest friends very dear and loves and enjoys their company. They're just part of the extended family. That's something I really like about him.

Do you? Really? :shocked: I'm not AT ALL!:tongue: Paps make the pics some minutes for weeks and do you really think they do wrong? Sorry, but this sounds hypocrite to me!:whistle:

Yes, I think there has to be a limit. Paparazzi pictures that are a clear intrusion into a person't private sphere are not okay. Celebrities are humans, too, just because they are famous doesn't mean everything they do has to be exposed to the public. Their kids and family have to be protected, they didn't ask to be in the spotlight. I sometimes feel sorry for celebs, and I don't feel like a hypocrite, I just don't like the way some paps are working and it makes me uncomfortable looking at such pictures.

He even goes on holiday with Edge, you could think they don't see each other enough in the band they're in. Or Ali. I mean, they're married, I guess they spend enough time together at home, why go on holiday together?

It's called frienship. Bono has always said that he holds his closest friends very dear and loves and enjoys their company. They're just part of the extended family. That's something I really like about him.

I dunno unicorn, I'd much rather holiday with complete strangers. :shrug:

:wink:

And to your second post, I completely agree. This is something I've been thinking a lot about, and I really think now more than ever that such behavior from the paps is just not acceptable. Everyone has the right to privacy. The media acts like being a musician/actor/etc. means they don't have to respect that right, almost like "we have the right to intrude; you had it coming". And ultimately, this is about core ethics of how you treat other people. It's just not a decent thing to do to another human being -- especially a family -- whoever it is, but particularly one who is a good and kind person.

^ :lol: More like: Poor Matthew. And what's that about: Jordan being "17 or 18 years old". Can't they do some research? These tabloid reporters are stupid. Just because she's having a boyfriend doesn't mean she's getting married.

Btw, here's the link to the VIPireland pictures of Queen Rania and Bono:

http://www.vipireland.com/editorial/item.php?item=2204

I like it that Bono's hair is a bit longer now.

Thanks bona vox! :wave:

Its a bit strange though. I go on hols with my family not my friends. I sure wouldn't like Gavin Friday creeping around the place!

the pics with the princess are great.

^ :lol: More like: Poor Matthew. And what's that about: Jordan being "17 or 18 years old". Can't they do some research? These tabloid reporters are stupid. Just because she's having a boyfriend doesn't mean she's getting married.
Poor Matthew and poor Jordan. I believe none of them would like to be exposed this way.
:ohmy:

Its a bit strange though. I go on hols with my family not my friends. I sure wouldn't like Gavin Friday creeping around the place!

But Bono LOVES his friends and he and Gavin have been close for all their lives. I think it's beautiful and I can totally understand they want to share a lovely holiday. If you have a good friend, you make sure they stay close and you enjoy their company. I don't think Bono has soooo much time to spend with friends when he's working or campaigning or travelling or touring, so I see why they would want to spend some quality time together.

I like to take my friends on holidays, I travel with them much more than with family (I'm too old for that anyway) or my boyfriend, because my friends and I share the same interests, that's why we are close.

Yes, I think there has to be a limit. Paparazzi pictures that are a clear intrusion into a person't private sphere are not okay. Celebrities are humans, too, just because they are famous doesn't mean everything they do has to be exposed to the public. Their kids and family have to be protected, they didn't ask to be in the spotlight. I sometimes feel sorry for celebs, and I don't feel like a hypocrite, I just don't like the way some paps are working and it makes me uncomfortable looking at such pictures.
I have seen this before.Where?..:scratch:Oh,yes :doh::http://youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

"What we can tell you is that the young loved-up couple were under the constant watchful eye of Big Daddy Bono as they hugged and kissed on a motor boat in the South of France. Awwwwe, teenagers in love... Brings you right back, doesn't it?"- vipireland.com

Haha- that's cute-- big Daddy Bono.

you should start a thread called "Big Daddy Bono"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom