Bono in Africa March 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
here's what the site said from the person who posted the pics:

"I hate to be the one asking to take pictures with a celebrity. I really do. It's been very few times that've actually had the opportunity to meet or see a celebrity, and I have never asked for an autograph, I wouldn't say that I am prideful or anything like that, I just think that it bothers them...I think they get annoyed with people constantly wanting something out of them. It seems as if you're asking for money, or a ride somewhere, I dont know, I'm just not confortable with it.... so, Bono came to Maputo with some rich guy named Mo Ibrahim whom I nick named Mowin Mo'del...because i think it's funny. And they decided to go to Mafalala Libre. MC Roger was there ( wearing a white italian suit), some guy in a really tight shiny silver shirt whom I think was Bang, the music producer, and a bunch of really important people that seem to follow celebreties of his status around. The U2 lead singer kept his cool, if you didnt know him, you would never guess who he was, except for the security guys who were scattered around the bar. He did smoke in the none smoking area, which I didnt like at all. And he didn't really seem to quite catch the Marrabenta rythm very well...but he tried. He signed lot's of autographs, chatted with almost anyone that approached him. Drank beers, local beer. Practically every musician that was invited to the shindig got up on stage to show their stuff to Bono, including Muzila, whom I've already mentioned today, Chico Antonio, Simba, and Roberto something...the guy that sings that song that goes "lalani...lalani"...Isaias, that's it! And then Xavier Machiana former lead singer of Rockfellers got up on stage and sang "with or without you", so of course Bono would get up there and sing it, if he hadn't he wouldnt be the Bono we love, and then I finally got the opportunity to snap some pictures!!! The're not great, the light was bad, and I was too excited...IT'S BONO! If you didnt get that phone call from Mickie at about 22h00 last night...you missed out."

oh and here's are the pics bigger in size:
March%2B15%2B645.jpg

March%2B15%2B628.jpg

Wow, Bono seems to have a habit of smoking where smoking isn't allowed :shame:

I wonder how he deals with it in Ireland where smoking isn't allowed anywhere, or in other countries.

I wouldn't want to have him at my table :wink:

Wow, Bono seems to have a habit of smoking where smoking isn't allowed :shame:

I wonder how he deals with it in Ireland where smoking isn't allowed anywhere, or in other countries.

I wouldn't want to have him at my table :wink:

Naughty Bono, smoking in the no-smoking zone! :shame: Makes me wonder how he's going to cope during his brief stay in Finland next August, coz smoking isn't allowed indoors in anywhere in public places, not even private hotel rooms!! :uhoh:

I don´t know it this goes here, but Adam was also in the African trip.Found these picsONE.org Visit to Undugu Fair Trade Shop

4454392250_9340a7fc3d.jpg

4454392238_952d7629d0.jpg

4453256355_faa50b38da.jpg

4453256365_ac119ec0a7.jpg

set-72157623545131255
set-72157623545131255

To be honest, I have never believed that Bono would quit smoking completely, he seems to enjoy it. A lot of singers smoke. I don't agree with it, but I accept it. I don't think he smokes much.

I know people from the opera scene and they are telling me even opera singers do smoke out of nervousness :lol:

Helen, it's not just in Finland, smoking is forbidden indoors in most other European countries as well. Austria, where I live, is an exception, because people are allowed to smoke basically everywhere here. It's hard to find a pub or restaurant that is free of smoke. We're basically used to it.

To be honest, I have never believed that Bono would quit smoking completely, he seems to enjoy it. A lot of singers smoke. I don't agree with it, but I accept it. I don't think he smokes much.

I know people from the opera scene and they are telling me even opera singers do smoke out of nervousness :lol:

Helen, it's not just in Finland, smoking is forbidden indoors in most other European countries as well. Austria, where I live, is an exception, because people are allowed to smoke basically everywhere here. It's hard to find a pub or restaurant that is free of smoke. We're basically used to it.

Here in Belgium we have an even more complicated situation regarding smoking.
It's still allowed in bars/café but not in taverns/resto's. So as long as you are in a bar where you can only have some salted chips (not fries) or dried sausage, yo can smoke.
If they serve any other warm food, there is no smoking allowed.
Very confusing and some owners will keep the ash trays on the tables, fined or not, just to rebel against the silly rules we keep.
It's just our government doesn't have the guts to establish a "no smoking in any public space" rule. :crack:

If he smoked at my table I'd slap him! (which I would probably enjoy a little too much) I don't care if he smokes or not but my friends know better than to smoke around me especially at the non-smoking table. Nothing personal. Bono....bless him!

It's just our government doesn't have the guts to establish a "no smoking in any public space" rule. :crack:

Same here.

Non-smoking areas are usually tables without ashtrays. Bono wouldn't be allowed to lit a cigarette there. :) Maybe he had special permission in Africa. Somehow it's hard to imagine he simply started smoking without asking the other people on his table. Maybe there were other smokers, too.

Still, if it's a non-smoking area, the no smoking sign also applies to rich spoilt rock stars.

And no, I wouldn't slap him, because I hate physical violence. I'd simply ask him to stop smoking or leave the room, like I'd do with anyone else.

yeah but too bad he wasn't able to quit alltogether. I don't know if you all know who this is lol, but my parents like Neil Diamond and supposedly he was a heavy smoker, he's still around! he even sang in '08 at some award show here in the u.s.

Has no one noticed how fit he is looking?! Haha, he is looking quite trim. Good job Bono, keep up the good work so that you can run around and be crazy come June!:love:

Back
Top Bottom