Bono Face

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bb_87.jpg

b_fa98-1.jpg

Found those at Kevin Davies's website! I've all in high-res..
I'm thinking about creating a thread with all pics, what you think? :hmm:

:wave: Ok I just saw those too. I think if you want to start a thread that would be fine, we have a thread for Anton's pics though he has tons obviously. But I've often thought about making threads for other photographers as well. I haven't looked at them all by KD and don't know how many there are. Are there many? :hmm: Also you found HR? Are they on the website? I'd like to see a HR of the one I just posted in the Misc thread 40 if there is one. Anyway, if you start a new thread for those pics in HR it would be great. :)

Of course if there aren't a whole lot of the photos you could also just post them in the Misc thread.

:wave: Ok I just saw those too. I think if you want to start a thread that would be fine, we have a thread for Anton's pics though he has tons obviously. But I've often thought about making threads for other photographers as well. I haven't looked at them all by KD and don't know how many there are. Are there many? :hmm: Also you found HR? Are they on the website? I'd like to see a HR of the one I just posted in the Misc thread 40 if there is one. Anyway, if you start a new thread for those pics in HR it would be great. :)

Of course if there aren't a whole lot of the photos you could also just post them in the Misc thread.

Well, almost 60 pics I think! :hyper: that's why I thought in a new thread :)
Oh ok, I'll see that thread, maybe I've the photo in HR :)

Well, almost 60 pics I think! :hyper: that's why I thought in a new thread :)
Oh ok, I'll see that thread, maybe I've the photo in HR :)

Oh definitely start a new thread then, if you want to go through the trouble of saving and posting all of them, no one is going to mind! :lol:
(And where are you finding the hi-res versions?)

You know what, looking at all these pics of his face, and I have to admit, I don't think I'd recognize him out on the street if he weren't wearing sunglasses or posing.

Agreed! I think I was standing right next to him in New York once, at the Hard Rock. But that story's for another time. :lol::wave:

Really? I feel like I would recognize him from the back of his head...but maybe that's creepy :wink:

And Jess...that story must be told!

mandu2, totally make a new thread!

As for the NY story. I was in my junior year of high school and we were going a class trip to NY. My first time ever going there and I was all excited. This was when my U2 obsession first took place. My best friend was sitting with me on the bus and I asked her what CD's she on her (yes, CD'S, no ipods! lol!) and she named off some stuff we listened to back in HS and then she said, "And I have U2."

:hmm:

"Which CD's?"

"JT and HTDAAB."

So I took the JT, listened to it for about half way to NY. I mean...I fell in love RIGHT THEN and THERE with U2. It hit me like a train. And then she gave me Dismantle and as we were entering NY, COBL was playing on my CD player and I fell in love with NY and U2.

Well, our first stop, besides just walking around Times Square, was Virgin Records. I bought about three U2 CD's and the Bono In Conversation book. So I had all this U2 merch in my Virgin Records bag and after that we headed to the Hard Rock Cafe.

Well, my teacher who was taking us to NY wanted a group photo with all the students. And we're sitting on these stairs waiting our turn because there was another group getting their photo taken.

All the sudden, I feel someone stand next to me. I'm still sitting down and I thought it was just my friend. So I look over and see a pair of black cowboy boots. And I'm all :ohmy: mmm, cowboy! And me being the perv and curious girl that I am, look more upwards.

Black jeans. Yes, not bad.

And at that point I'm totally cheesin' so I stand up, look over to the guy next to me and I see a BLACK LEATHER JACKET, BLACK SHIRT AND A STRAW COWBOY HAT.

So of course I'm all...OMG, no...it can't be! I mean, I wasn't a U2 fan but my friend's mom was so I knew perfectly well what Bono looked like.

So I decide to suck it up and look him in the face. Sure enough, sunglasses just like Bono would wear ( I can't remember what color they were. But I think they were green) and he had the neck length hair.

I look at this guy straight in the eyes. He looks back and I know the look on my face was :eek:. He just smiles back, a big grin and I look away because I thought I would faint. I seriously blacked out for about a second or so.

So I tug my friend who was next me and I whisper to her, "Is that Bono standing next to me?"

She thought I was seeing things. So she looks over and said, "Shit! I don't know! I can't get a good look at his face."

:doh:

Well, you can imagine, I have all this U2 stuff in my hand I thought to myself, "You know what, just ask him if he's Bono and try to get something signed. There's no harm in asking. If it's him, then great. If not, you make a fool of yourself but you will never see the guy again anyways."

But I looked over and he was GONE. Just...disappeared!

To this day, I still don't know if it was him or not...but it's a fun story to tell!

mandu2, totally make a new thread!

As for the NY story. I was in my junior year of high school and we were going a class trip to NY. My first time ever going there and I was all excited. This was when my U2 obsession first took place. My best friend was sitting with me on the bus and I asked her what CD's she on her (yes, CD'S, no ipods! lol!) and she named off some stuff we listened to back in HS and then she said, "And I have U2."

:hmm:

"Which CD's?"

"JT and HTDAAB."

So I took the JT, listened to it for about half way to NY. I mean...I fell in love RIGHT THEN and THERE with U2. It hit me like a train. And then she gave me Dismantle and as we were entering NY, COBL was playing on my CD player and I fell in love with NY and U2.

Well, our first stop, besides just walking around Times Square, was Virgin Records. I bought about three U2 CD's and the Bono In Conversation book. So I had all this U2 merch in my Virgin Records bag and after that we headed to the Hard Rock Cafe.

Well, my teacher who was taking us to NY wanted a group photo with all the students. And we're sitting on these stairs waiting our turn because there was another group getting their photo taken.

All the sudden, I feel someone stand next to me. I'm still sitting down and I thought it was just my friend. So I look over and see a pair of black cowboy boots. And I'm all :ohmy: mmm, cowboy! And me being the perv and curious girl that I am, look more upwards.

Black jeans. Yes, not bad.

And at that point I'm totally cheesin' so I stand up, look over to the guy next to me and I see a BLACK LEATHER JACKET, BLACK SHIRT AND A STRAW COWBOY HAT.

So of course I'm all...OMG, no...it can't be! I mean, I wasn't a U2 fan but my friend's mom was so I knew perfectly well what Bono looked like.

So I decide to suck it up and look him in the face. Sure enough, sunglasses just like Bono would wear ( I can't remember what color they were. But I think they were green) and he had the neck length hair.

I look at this guy straight in the eyes. He looks back and I know the look on my face was :eek:. He just smiles back, a big grin and I look away because I thought I would faint. I seriously blacked out for about a second or so.

So I tug my friend who was next me and I whisper to her, "Is that Bono standing next to me?"

She thought I was seeing things. So she looks over and said, "Shit! I don't know! I can't get a good look at his face."

:doh:

Well, you can imagine, I have all this U2 stuff in my hand I thought to myself, "You know what, just ask him if he's Bono and try to get something signed. There's no harm in asking. If it's him, then great. If not, you make a fool of yourself but you will never see the guy again anyways."

But I looked over and he was GONE. Just...disappeared!

To this day, I still don't know if it was him or not...but it's a fun story to tell!

wow :ohmy:

What a story Jess!! I think it was him...sorry, haha :lol: *pats comfortingly*

Since he grinned at you when you stared at him. Some random guy would be like, why is this chick staring at me? Bono would know why a chick was staring at him though :wink:

Pretty darn awesome.

Awesome story, LoveandLogic! I don't know what I would have done in that situation.

What a story Jess!! I think it was him...sorry, haha :lol: *pats comfortingly*

Since he grinned at you when you stared at him. Some random guy would be like, why is this chick staring at me? Bono would know why a chick was staring at him though :wink:

Pretty darn awesome.

:banghead::scream:

You're totally right! I never thought of it that way...son of a :censored:!

:sigh: Oh well, at least I know I could have BY CHANCE been standing right next to him.

I'm not blabbering now. Post on, ladies!

Back
Top Bottom