Bono (Chris martin and more) In "Bruno"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

domo-kun

ONE love, blood, life
So I'm going to the movie Bruno tomorrow.
I don't know what I'm up to but Sasha is just the most extreme comedian ever. It must be funny for a bit.
So to my suprize, I just read that Bono make's an appearance in it.
Maybe some more info will duck up.
I only found this. Someone of u2start.com saw it and tought it was friggin hillarious.

For those who want to be spoiled:

Bono and Chris Martin have teamed up for a song which mocks Live Aid.

The pair - both keen charity campaigners who were instrumental in getting together Band Aid 20 for their charity cover of 'Do They Know Its Christmas?' - appear on 'Dove Of Peace', taken from Sacha Baron Cohen's latest movie 'Bruno...'.

Studio insiders say Bono and Chris were so amused by lyrics to the fashion-spoof song - which include 'For people of Africa who live in Hell/ They will never wear Chanel' - they were almost unable to record their lines.

A source said: "Chris Martin was laughing throughout the recording and only just managed to get his lines out.

"'Bruno...' promises to be the funniest and most outrageous film this year and in it Sacha's character releases a brilliantly cheesy but subversive single - 'Dove Of Peace' - which mocks the likes of Band Aid. It runs close to the bone but it's very tongue-in-cheek."

'Fields of Gold' singer Sting is also due to record a part of the song, while 'Ali G' creator Sacha is keen to get his friend Madonna involved too.

The source added to Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper: "Madonna worked with him for her cover of 'American Pie', when he appeared in the video, and he's approached her to get involved. It will be quite a coup if he does.

"If the film is successful, there's every chance the song will be released as a single."

Read more: http://www.monstersandcritics.com/pe...xzz0K1CXkoPj&C

I wasn't going to see it, but when I heard Bono was in it, I decided I WAS going to see it :D I heard it' like, borderline X rated, though :lol: So I hope I can find someone to go with me (probably not gonna be my little sister now)

You really shouldn't :lol: I just got some first image's . Its the last scene and its short but,
Slash , Elton John , Chris martin and Snoop dog are in there as well.

bonobruno.jpg

bonobruno2.jpg

bono looked pissed while doing it.
but i liked the ending. bono sting and elton...pretty freakin sweet.

A song mocking live aid and band aid is terrible, that is not good sense of humor :angry: it makes me sad that they are participating in that

its not that big of a deal. people have made fun of worse.

I'm pretty sure the movie is entirely about making fun of ignorant and small minded people who, in real life, make fun of the things Cohen is appearing to make fun of in the movie. I think they were just poking fun at live aid...we all know Bono was a big part of that (live aid that is).

A song mocking live aid and band aid is terrible, that is not good sense of humor :angry: it makes me sad that they are participating in that

I don't think they're mocking the cause but more the fact that a bunch of spoiled pop/rock stars from the rich west, thinking they can make a difference just by singing a song! Even Bob Geldof admits nowadays, that the whole idea of Band Aid, although noble, was very naive! :shrug:

cool. I still don't think I'm going to see this film - not my kind of thing... but it's nice to see Bono can laugh at himself :)

They are not bashing it down so I don't see the problem. Its just a little skit.
I'm glad they don't make out at the end of the first sentence Bono:lol: sings.

I think Bono sounded the best, with Bruno in a close 2nd....heh. While I don't like the humor personally, I can see how it's just poking fun at the idea of celebrity and the "simple solution" of charity songs. :shrug:

Elton sounded good too. Snoop singing is just funny at itself. And Martin is sounding good to.

Okay saw the movie few hours ago. There were only 20 people !
It was really funny and really weird, but the end was def. the best. I wouldn't go to the movie only for Bono. I still think Ali G movie was better. Bono looked really good and sounded better in the normal quality.

That was funny! I can't always tell who is singing, though.

Not really my kind of comedy. Watched Borat last night with my daughter, could have lived my whole life without ever seeing the naked wrestling part!

^The naked wrestling part made me so nauseous!

Okay saw the movie few hours ago. There were only 20 people !
It was really funny and really weird, but the end was def. the best. I wouldn't go to the movie only for Bono. I still think Ali G movie was better. Bono looked really good and sounded better in the normal quality.

:hmm: So I shouldn't see it just for Bono? Because that was the only reason I wanted to go :lol: Borat was funny but a bit too much, and I heard this one is even more, you know...

Yeah its even more , I think you would be sorry to have paid for it> I should wait for it to come out on dvd. Or you can watch it already in Ninjavideo

^The naked wrestling part made me so nauseous!

:hmm: So I shouldn't see it just for Bono? Because that was the only reason I wanted to go :lol: Borat was funny but a bit too much, and I heard this one is even more, you know...

I know you didn't ask me, lol, but as I've seen it, I just thought I'd add my thoughts. Don't go and see it just for Bono, because the film is seriously full on. Full on close-ups of Bruno's youknowwhat, dildos, bondage, all sorts.

Just wait for the DVD, I'm sure someone will upload just the music video!

Back
Top Bottom