Bono & The Edge at Thelonious Monk Institute Honors B.B. King, L.A.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:applaud: Thanks Mel and BF1 and comet etc for all your pix and videos and firsthand accounts of what sounds like a great time. I love Edge's purple shirt and B-man's sexy boots! I am excited to hear that this show will at some time be televised or released on dvd also! :up: ANY live U2 is a great thing!

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing it on tv. Have to look out for when it will be on.

SERIOUSLY!!!:faint:....But with B-man "you just can't get enough"((and with Edgie as Bonus :drool:))..((but you know that too JC :wink:
As for the moob shirt, if you look closely he is wearing a pink shirt under the denim one ((trust me I was definately zooming in on it :) <--Im such a perv! ))

Im still reliving the performance in my mind and stil feeling the strain in my throat from yelling so much LOL!!!

I thought I heard you yelling. :giggle:

:applaud: Thanks Mel and BF1 and comet etc for all your pix and videos and firsthand accounts of what sounds like a great time. I love Edge's purple shirt and B-man's sexy boots! I am excited to hear that this show will at some time be televised or released on dvd also! :up: ANY live U2 is a great thing!

YW Carek, can't wait for a televised version and or dvd :)

Originally Posted by last unicorn
Quincy Jones gave them a book about himself. How unselfish of him.

You should do a little research on that book before questioning Quincy's gift.

The book in question The Complete Quincy Jones features an introduction written by Bono, along with a forward by Clint Eastwood and a preface by Maya Angelou. It's not released to the public until November 11th, so what Quincy was doing was giving Bono an advance copy of the book and showing him how something he collaborated on came out. I'm sure Bono was very happy to see how it turned out and to have a copy for himself.

:hmm: Looks like the book underwent a cover change since July.

bonoedgequincy.jpg

My scan of the cover as it was in July 08

quincyjonescomplete7-2008.jpg

Ran into Dallas, hugged Dallas spontaneously, got hugged back. He said, "I remember you!" I told him about how I had been planning to go to LA to see old friends in Orange County, where I used to go to church, and didn't know about the Women's Conference or this event until Bonofox1 told me about it in an e-mail later. (As you guys know, I haven't been on the boards much!) Dallas told me how the guys had finished the album in NYC (if you've read U2.com's updates, you know that Bono said the album would be delayed because Edge was insisting on going to the moon!). They heard of this event and decided to come to it, or from what I understood from Dallas, Edge rocked out the idea. Dallas looked at my latest sketch of Bono and Edge and said, "Look at the glasses." I.E. - Bono's shades! He told me to wait right at the door and the guys would be out and that he would be right back, squeezed my hand briefly, then waved and went charging towards the parking entrance.

I waited over an hour and a half, and when the guys didn't emerge, I began to question straggling musicians who said that they had seen Bono and Edge leave already. Security told me that there was another exit facing the Roosevelt - thanks to my favorite CIA-looking suave security man! (He looked like Benjamin Bratt...I swear!) So, reluctant to go because Dallas told me to wait, I went to find Bonofox and Bonocomet and the rest outside the Roosevelt. But, from what we were told, He wasn't there!

:sad: Dallas wouldn't fib to me would he?? But then with two exits and B.B., Bono and Edge could have taken any exit, I guess!

That's my story from last night! There were witnesses! And, I'm a Schoocake forever! Dallas is so sweet!

Thanks for the info...I'm glad Dallas was able to tell you that they finally finshed the album..now hopefully they can quickly mix and master it and get it out for early next year..sorry you didn't see the guys this time but I'm certain it wasn't Dallas' fault..they probably got pulled in another direction

:up: everyone for all the pretty piccies and links - what a fabbo night that would have been . . . mucho congratso to all of you who were there . . .am keeping my fingers crossed that the televised show will find its way to the antipodean airwaves sometime soon :wink:

Wow, that looks a fantastic event! Great pics!!

Bono looks like he's working out, he looks bigger (muscular wise) than he's ever done.

Wow, that looks a fantastic event! Great pics!!

Bono looks like he's working out, he looks bigger (muscular wise) than he's ever done.

I was thinking the same thing...someone at the event who was sitting near me said that Bono looked like he was starting to get fat....He doesn't appear that way to me....he actually just looks more muscular....

I was thinking the same thing...someone at the event who was sitting near me said that Bono looked like he was starting to get fat....He doesn't appear that way to me....he actually just looks more muscular....

He looked SO SEXY (had to get all fan-girlish there) on Wed at the Womans conference and if you look at all the pics he looks quite fit...
It was a real treat seeing both Bono and Edge on stage on Sunday, They both looked very well rested and very happy and had to love the "Edgie stomp"...sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

What? Starting to get fat? :eyebrow: Obviously this person hasn't seen Bono's "fat phase" some time ago. Since then, he has lost a fair amount of weight. You can especially see that in his face. Even though his hair is ultra-short, his face is so much thinner than it was two years ago. I think he looks good and in shape and I hope he sticks to wearing these boots. :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom