AWF Launches Build a Well for Bono's Birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I absolutely :heart: Zazzle, have ordered many times from them and highly recommend them repeatedly. :up: These AFW BBW merchandise is wonderful and well worth the price for what the money goes to. And Edun shirts to top it off, can't make it a sweeter deal! I'll order a couple shirts!

It looks like the black EDUN T-shirts are back in if anyone is interested in ordering. Also, we are very excited that U2.com is promoting the Bono's Birthday Well Fundraiser on its homepage. And for those of you who have donated, thank you, and don't forget to add your name to Bono's birthday card.

Also, another reminder. The Zazzle shirts are NOT a direct donation to Bono's birthday project for this year. Zazzle and Edun-Live take a large cut, AWF only receives a small % of profits from the tshirts. Just something to keep in mind if you are considering a donation for Bono's birthday, a direct donation to AWF will go much farther as 100% of your donation amount goes to the project we have selected.

Not that we don't want you to get a tshirt!!! :)

Not that this has anything to do with AWF, but I am doing a 6 mile race for World Vision to build wells. God help me, I'm walking the 6 miles and hope I live. I consider it conditioning for Septembers GA. :ohmy: :D

An update on the fundraiser:

AWF Featured on U2.com! 17 Days Left for Bono Birthday Fundraiser!

With 17 days to go in this year's Build a Well for Bono's Birthday fundraiser, African Well Fund is honored to be featured in a news story on the U2.com homepage. For a grassroots organization like AWF, exposure on an internationally viewed Web site is invaluable and will help to make this year's fundraising campaign a resounding success.

Donations from U2 fans around the world have totaled $15,051.14 thus far, which is half way toward the $30,000 needed to fully fund the project to increase access to safe drinking water for seven communities in the Yarwein Mehnsonnoh and Zoe-Geh districts of Liberia. The project, implemented by our partner Africare, will provide clean drinking water to nearly 7,000 people. Additionally, Africare's program will recruit youth in the communities to be trained in health and hygiene promotion. Learn more about the project here.

Please consider making a donation to this year's campaign today in whatever amount you can give. Your contributions will make a huge impact on so many lives and are greatly appreciated. You can learn more about Build a Well for Bono's Birthday, including how to donate, here.

There are 10 days left in the fundraiser, so we're ending with a bang. Thank you again so much to everyone who has supported Build a Well for Bono's Birthday! Your donations will make such a difference in so many lives.

AWF Auctioning U2 360° Tour Tickets for Build a Well for Bono's Birthday

The African Well Fund is capping off its seventh annual Build a Well for Bono's Birthday fundraiser by auctioning two pairs of general admission tickets for the upcoming U2 360° Tour through our eBay page. The first pair of tickets is for Sept. 12 at Chicago's Soldier Field, the first North American date of the tour. The second pair is for Oct. 29 at Vancouver's BC Place Stadium, the final date of the tour.

The Chicago tickets will be up for bid from this Friday, May 1 through next Friday, May 8. The Vancouver tickets will be up for bid from this Saturday, May 2 through next Saturday, May 9. Bids for both pair of tickets will start at $140. Results of both auctions will be announced on the AWF homepage on May 10, Bono's birthday.

AWF held two auctions in March for the Build a Well for Bono's Birthday fundraiser. In honor of Adam Clayton's March 13 birthday, an "Under the Blood Red Sky" reissue CD/DVD signed by Bono, Edge and Adam was auctioned for a winning bid of $449. An anonymous supporter donated a "Joshua Tree" LP signed by Bono, Edge and Adam that fetched $610.

Funds raised from the auctions and donations will benefit the Build a Well for Bono's Birthday project in Liberia. Learn more about the project here.

AWF will be collecting donations for this fundraiser through Bono's May 10 birthday. To make a donation or learn more about Build a Well for Bono's Birthday, click here. All donors are invited to add their names and greetings to a card that will be sent to Bono via Principle Management, which can be accessed here.

The black AWF shirt I ordered for my daughters bday shipped today. I'll let you know how she likes it!

Thank you for buying the shirt!

Both pairs of tickets are now up for bid. The Chicago auction ends Friday and the Vancouver auction ends Sunday.

Build a Well for Bono's Birthday ends in six days. To make a donation or learn more about the fundraiser, click here. And thanks again to everyone for supporting Build a Well for Bono's Birthday and the African Well Fund!

The shirts are nice and the whole thing is a great thing to do :up:

I'll be on Venice for Bono's birthday this year. I'm leaving today, I'll spend a couple of days there with my students. I'll have a glass of Italian wine on Bono on his birthday.

I received this shirt today

awfshirt.jpg

It looks great! :up: I'll be giving it to my daughter for her birthday later this month, I'm sure she'll love it. :)

I am so sad this is the 2nd year I've not been able to contribute to the Build a Well foundation. I hope next year I can more than make up for it with a super donation once I'm gainfully employed again. :up:

Good luck with your job search! There are other things you can do to help AWF if you don't have the extra funds right now. One of the easiest is to use GoodSearch for your Web searches, just select "African Well Fund (Schenectady, NY)" when asked "Who Do You GoodSearch For?". AWF makes about one cent from each search. It's amazing how the searches add up.

Back
Top Bottom