Are U2 in Santa Monica this week?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the womans Twitter account she said he ordered fruit cocktail starter and lamb for the main course. I found her account by searching Larry Mullen on twitter. She is a Dublin local and was eating at Edun for her wedding anniversary.

In the womans Twitter account she said he ordered fruit cocktail starter and lamb for the main course. I found her account by searching Larry Mullen on twitter. She is a Dublin local and was eating at Edun for her wedding anniversary.

I thought I remembered her saying "fruity cocktail" :cute: and was surprised her hear he likes sweet drinks. My hubby does too and everyone always gives him grief. LOL

Not surprised, however, about the lamb... Larry had said, in a 2009 article (think it was Q?) that he eats poultry and fish- which was news to us then. :sexywink: Hasn't been "vegetarian" for a while it seems. (however, lamb is not exactly that, is it??)

Who knew Mr. Mullen had such good taste? :shifty: lamb is my favourite meat!

I can see tweeting that "zomg celebrity is eating next to me!" but tweeting about the food they ordered is a bit excessive.

Did she also report on how many times he got up to use the men's room and whether or not he washed his hands?

I thought I remembered her saying "fruity cocktail" :cute: and was surprised her hear he likes sweet drinks. My hubby does too and everyone always gives him grief. LOL

Not surprised, however, about the lamb... Larry had said, in a 2009 article (think it was Q?) that he eats poultry and fish- which was news to us then. :sexywink: Hasn't been "vegetarian" for a while it seems. (however, lamb is not exactly that, is it??)

Disappointing to read, since I am a vegetarian myself and have always admired that about Larry. Does anyone have a link for that Q article in which he said that? :)

Also, didn't Larry say that there wasn't much for him to eat in Fez since the vegetarian food there sucks? That means if he really does eat meat now, it was a recent change. Maybe Fez pushed him over to the dark side. :wink:

xn0dS.png

Lamb tagine is a delicious Morrocan dish so maybe he got the taste for it over there and now eats lamb? I`m making lamb tagine for dinner tomorrow..............Larry you are more than welcome..........:sexywink:

Lamb tagine is a delicious Morrocan dish so maybe he got the taste for it over there and now eats lamb? I`m making lamb tagine for dinner tomorrow..............Larry you are more than welcome..........:sexywink:

:drool: Zomg can I come? That IS an amazing dish! Slow cooked meat ftw.

Brb, plane to catch. :hyper:

And as for this rumour, I'm afraid it's dead. We'd have heard something if they were in the area. Edge is in Dublin this weekend, as per the Irish Independent, so I doubt they'd remaster without him.

This is so odd. I swear I read somewhere that he said something like: "The food in Fez sucks for me, I'm vegetarian, borderline vegan."

Yes, he really did say he was nearly vegan. But now this is another interview, also from Fez where he says that he eats poultry and fish? Really strange.

Oh wait, I found it. He was referring to the last time he was in Fez, prior to the recording:

“Bono had been talking about this religious festival and he mentioned it to me, thinking that I’d shoot it down. And I said, “Actually, that’s a good idea, I’d like to go back to Morocco.” The last time I was there the food was shite. I was vegetarian, full-blown, verging on vegan, and so it was a difficult time. But underneath all the cultural shock I enjoyed it. So I was happy to go back. I felt musically it would be a very good thing.”

So he was vegetarian, verging on vegan, and now he eats meat. :huh::|

That's the exact same quote you just quoted in the article above though.

I have a feeling maybe you are remembering an interview from that last time he was in Fez that he is referring to here, back when he WAS a vegetarian. By the time they were recording NLOTH he wasn't anymore.

Brb, plane to catch. :hyper:

And as for this rumour, I'm afraid it's dead. We'd have heard something if they were in the area. Edge is in Dublin this weekend, as per the Irish Independent, so I doubt they'd remaster without him.

Wait, are they still working on the AB remaster? Isn't its released confirmed for November 2011? (I try to stay out of other subforums, so excuse me). I thought the only work they'd be doing for the rest of this year will be to promote the AB remaster!

I can see tweeting that "zomg celebrity is eating next to me!" but tweeting about the food they ordered is a bit excessive.

Did she also report on how many times he got up to use the men's room and whether or not he washed his hands?

Yeah, overkill. But Larry news is even rarer than Adam news (which I savor like drops of water in a desert), so it's good news for Larry girls I guess:wink:

Nobody cares what Bono had for lunch, cos the paps will see him at dinner!

That's the exact same quote you just quoted in the article above though.

I have a feeling maybe you are remembering an interview from that last time he was in Fez that he is referring to here, back when he WAS a vegetarian. By the time they were recording NLOTH he wasn't anymore.

Oh boy, can't believe I skipped over that. :doh: :lol:

So I now I'm just curious to know why did he start eating meat suddenly after being "vegetarian, full-blown, verging on the vegan"?

Oh boy, can't believe I skipped over that. :doh: :lol:

So I now I'm just curious to know why did he start eating meat suddenly after being "vegetarian, full-blown, verging on the vegan"?

:giggle: It's okay, I'm sure we've all done that sort of thing. :wink:

As for the vegetarian thing, I think people just change. My daughter was vegetarian for a few years, but slowly changed her eating so that she now will eat meat sometimes. He could have just got tired of the restrictions, missed the taste, who knows? But it doesn't seem too unusual. :)

Wait, are they still working on the AB remaster? Isn't its released confirmed for November 2011? (I try to stay out of other subforums, so excuse me). I thought the only work they'd be doing for the rest of this year will be to promote the AB remaster!

That was the rumour, and why this thread was created. Someone had recording business with the guy that engineered the previous remasters, and his own recording was prolonged because apparently the guy was working on something for U2. We tried to figure out what, but it doesn't seem U2 were in the area this week. If they decided to remaster the AB reissue after all, at least Edge would've been there to supervise it, like with the other remasters.
And it is going to be released the 28th of october. But most sources now say it's not remastered. Still no official source has said a word on it though, so I'm still in the middle.

Thanks Galeongirl. I guess it's whether Edge had time to remaster while on the final leg of 360, which seems unlikely.

But don't trust me, I don't follow the album news much

To be fair, C, she only reported that she was sitting next to him at a restaurant- didn't say which one and didnt' say what he was eating. It came up in search because she used his full name, but no hash tag or anything.

It was her hubby that spilled the restaurant in his tweet- and the only way you'd know that is if you went into her tweets and saw that her hubby tagged her in same mention. You'd have had to go back again later to see that people were obviously asking about what he was eating as herr tweet concerning the lamb started with "for those of you asking..."

And yes, it's nice for us Larry girls to hear that he can get out and do "normal" things like going out to eat, even if he gets recognized. ;)

It doesn't really make a difference that it was her husband, someone still tweeted about his dinner order. Just because someone asked what he ordered didn't mean either of them had to answer.

It's not a big deal, I'm just saying it seems a little invasive. But I think Twitter's really frigging irritating in general, so that could be coloring my opinion. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom