Any new Dallas Schoo pics from the new tour yet???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amsterdam II, sadly they are a bit blurry as my camera battery was dying. Stupidly enough I forgot to charge for Dublin II so there's no pics there. :doh: Dublin I I was at the soundboard so also no pics. Sorry for the bad quality, no clue why my camera turned so shit after Amsterdam. :huh:

The SG, showing we'd get Elevation. :D
dsc00235nwn.jpg

Doing his round with the Telecaster
dsc00237uob.jpg

And giving Stuart some love too:
dsc00234drm.jpg

Dublin III
Stuart did his round first..
dsc00296u.jpg

Stupid me did not take a pic of Dallas EXTENSIVELY soundchecking the Music Rising Les Paul. Only after the show I realised that was foreboding NYD.
Doin' his round again..
dsc00298n.jpg

Fraid that's all, I thought I had more but they turned out crap.

Maybe the Heat? I mean It was really , really hot in Amsterdam , especially in G.A. And the Upper tier. I came out sweating like a otter, as we say so :wink:

Wasn't as bad as Paris, and my phone worked fine there! Dublin may have been the rain.. Or perhaps I was tired or so because all my pics from Dublin are more 'moved' than the others. :scratch:

The top one is Phil, Bono's tech. :wink:

I'm not sure what the black guitar is... Obviously a Gretsch, but it's much smaller than the Irish/White Falcon and Country Gentleman.

Wasn't as bad as Paris, and my phone worked fine there! Dublin may have been the rain.. Or perhaps I was tired or so because all my pics from Dublin are more 'moved' than the others. :scratch:

Maybe there was a little earthquake going on in Dublin that night? :giggle:
Yeah, if you took them with your phone, u need a steady hand indeed.
Some have a mayor kind of delay. But i must say some look really good there. The blurry one's are stll quite okay. You can still see something in it.

And really, Phill and Dallas share the same hairdresser I think..

NICE! You caught him with the new guitar! :ohmy:

To be honest, I am quite sure this will be the guitar used for Drowning Man. :crack:

For New Year's Day the Music Rising Les Paul was used, aka the guitar previously only used for One.

I didn't even know that

I went to the gelsenkirchen gig and guess what - my 'test' pics of dallas turned out better than the ones of the show :reject: lol. I have a video of him and 2-3 pics, I'll post them soon!

I would post the pictures of Dallas (and Stu and Phil) I took before our first night in Gothenburg, but Photobucket is down for maintenance at the moment! :angry:

Right after I took one of them he saw what I was up to and pointed at me and smiled. :hyper:
Then a little while later I saw Sam on the stage and I don't know if he remembered me from last year but he gave me a long stare.:giggle:

Gothenburg, Ullevi Stadium, July 31st 2009
Phil:
U2-360-Tour-020.jpg

Stuart:
U2-360-Tour-021.jpg

U2-360-Tour-022.jpg

Dallas!:love:
U2-360-Tour-023.jpg

U2-360-Tour-024.jpg

U2-360-Tour-025.jpg

U2-360-Tour-026.jpg

^^^

U2-360-Tour-027.jpg

Looks like you were definitely front row outer area, and from these pictures it looks to me that if you're short (as I am 5'2") I would not be able to see over those in the main pit to the main stage. I know the main stage is higher, but what is your impression and did the guys come to that outer area much during the concert?

U2FloridaFan, I was pretty happy to get this close despite getting there about 2 hours before they would let people inside the stadium and like you said, we chose not to go in front of the main stage because it was pretty high up and at the very front you could probably hurt your neck staring upwards all the time. I had a really great time and I assume that I blocked some people's view at times, I'm about 6'1" but I really tried to let people through so that they could take some pictures whenever I noticed that someone was trying to get a better view behind me.

What bothered me was mainly two things; the bridge which obstructed the view when it was not used (i.e. moving up towards the front of the stage)
Compare these to pictures to get an idea of what it looked like:
U2-360-Tour-057.jpg

U2-360-Tour-058.jpg

The other thing was that the band didn't visit our particular area as much as I'd hope as the bridge was initially right in front of us as you see in the pictures above. They did however go there more frequently the second night when I had seats. Generally they do walk out on the outer catwalk quite a bit but for certain songs they stay on the main stage. For the first 4-5 songs and I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight they walk around the different areas of the stage, but as I said Adam and particularly Bono didn't come by as often as the other two, though Larry was trapped behind his drumkit of course. I guess it depends on the chemistry between the band and the audience from night to night how often they come around. But I'd recommend getting a spot a bit further down if you can. At our shows there were (RED) zones so we didn't have much of a choice - either the spot we chose or a neck-hurting front row in the pit.

All this being said, I had a blast and this was my first and only GA experience so far, so I can't really compare it to past tours I'm afraid.

here's my dallas vid from gelsenkirchen:

YouTube - Dallas Schoo testing Edge's Explorer - 03.08.2009

happy song-guessing :wink:

I hear bits of the following:
Stay (Faraway, So Close!) - with lots of distortion?
Vertigo ("I can't stand the beats") and the solo bit before the middle-8
Until The End Of The World
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (standard version)
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride (In The Name Of Love)

What do I win? :D

I hear bits of the following:
Vertigo ("I can't stand the beats") and the solo bit before the middle-8
Until The End Of The World
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (standard version)
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride (In The Name Of Love)

What do I win? :D

lol :D
the u2 song-guessing award 2009? :applaud:

U2FloridaFan, I was pretty happy to get this close despite getting there about 2 hours before they would let people inside the stadium and like you said, we chose not to go in front of the main stage because it was pretty high up and at the very front you could probably hurt your neck staring upwards all the time. I had a really great time and I assume that I blocked some people's view at times, I'm about 6'1" but I really tried to let people through so that they could take some pictures whenever I noticed that someone was trying to get a better view behind me.

What bothered me was mainly two things; the bridge which obstructed the view when it was not used (i.e. moving up towards the front of the stage)
Compare these to pictures to get an idea of what it looked like:
U2-360-Tour-057.jpg

U2-360-Tour-058.jpg

The other thing was that the band didn't visit our particular area as much as I'd hope as the bridge was initially right in front of us as you see in the pictures above. They did however go there more frequently the second night when I had seats. Generally they do walk out on the outer catwalk quite a bit but for certain songs they stay on the main stage. For the first 4-5 songs and I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight they walk around the different areas of the stage, but as I said Adam and particularly Bono didn't come by as often as the other two, though Larry was trapped behind his drumkit of course. I guess it depends on the chemistry between the band and the audience from night to night how often they come around. But I'd recommend getting a spot a bit further down if you can. At our shows there were (RED) zones so we didn't have much of a choice - either the spot we chose or a neck-hurting front row in the pit.

All this being said, I had a blast and this was my first and only GA experience so far, so I can't really compare it to past tours I'm afraid.
Thanks for all that info. There are Red Zones at the 3 shows I'm going to so I imagine if I were to stand in the same area as where you took photos from, I'd encounter the same problems. Maybe rear rail in the main pit is the best location, however I'm sure to be behind people who are considerably taller than me...a pair of shoulders might work :hmm:

So the bridge moves left to right in front of Edge??

Thanks for all that info. There are Red Zones at the 3 shows I'm going to so I imagine if I were to stand in the same area as where you took photos from, I'd encounter the same problems. Maybe rear rail in the main pit is the best location, however I'm sure to be behind people who are considerably taller than me...a pair of shoulders might work :hmm:

So the bridge moves left to right in front of Edge??

You're welcome.
Yes, the bridges stand on wheels and on Edge's side it moves left to right along some kind of rail towards the front almost like flapping wings.

Back
Top Bottom